Sox now 1-7, on pace for 20-142 record

Second worst record in all of baseball, behind the Marlins.  The Marlins have a $97 million dollar payroll.  The Sox have around a $142 million dollar payroll.  Going by this article but it’s probably wrong.

How will our amazing manager Grifol rally his troops to turn this around?

P.S. — Chris Getz is the worst GM in baseball.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

This season went into the toilet F.A.S..T.

With all these flushes they should at least be able to get an official plumber of the Chicago White Sox.

Did people not know they’d be bad? Granted, they’re playing worse than you’d expect, but they were always going to be bad. I have a feeling people convinced themselves they were a slightly below average team. They are worse than last year’s team. That team at least had some talent/potential. This team has almost no talent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

30 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If only someone had already made a thread about firing either Getz and/or Griffol this wouldn't have happened. 

Well, we can now add Burger/Anderson/Avi Garcia's unduly influencing the Marlins' poor record too, lol...

Would be almost impossible to imagine after that walk-off night in Iowa cornfields, August 12th or whatever it was of 2021.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Did people not know they’d be bad? Granted, they’re playing worse than you’d expect, but they were always going to be bad. I have a feeling people convinced themselves they were a slightly below average team. They are worse than last year’s team. That team at least had some talent/potential. This team has almost no talent.

This is what gets me. People spent the entire winter talking about how we didn't sign any good players, the players we did sign sucked, and everyone in management was trash, yet are still freaking out with each bad play and game.  

I don't even want to see respectable bad. I want to see national embarrassment bad. I want this drug through the mud and questioned in gory detail and mocked league wide.  Give me record breaking bad.

#TeamBurnThisBitchtotheGround

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 4

And the Cleveland Guardians are on pace for 126-36.

Sox fans have turned into little whiny bitches. They are a bad team.  This isn’t some shock.  Crying about Jose Rodriguez getting DFA’d like they gave up Mike Trout, flipping out over the record a week into the season.    

Did anyone expect them to be 7-1?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is what gets me. People spent the entire winter talking about how we didn't sign any good players, the players we did sign sucked, and everyone in management was trash, yet are still freaking out with each bad play and game.  

I don't even want to see respectable bad. I want to see national embarrassment bad. I want this drug through the mud and questioned in gory detail and mocked league wide.  Give me record breaking bad.

I love the way you think.  🤣

New banner request…

Jerry, Getz, Grifol, DeJong, Lopez, Pillar, and Maldonado, with flames ignited on all of them and text overlayed on all of them saying “BURN THIS B1TCH TO THE GROUND!!!”

Edited by WhiteSox2023

I tried to convince myself that a team that played good defense would at least be easier to root for than last year's squad even though I figured they'd struggle badly to score. So far these guys are unwatchable.

I've cut the cable cord but did get youtubetv for a month for March Madness and have watched some Sox baseball. I can't justify keeping youtubetv to watch this corpseball.

15 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

I dunno, with all the doom and gloom surrounding this team, maybe the title sponsor should be a funeral home. 

That goes along quite well with the downward pointing Guaranteed Rate logo...

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Sox fans have turned into little whiny bitches. They are a bad team.  This isn’t some shock.  Crying about Jose Rodriguez getting DFA’d like they gave up Mike Trout, flipping out over the record a week into the season.    

Yeah, Sox fans really should just accept being one of the worst franchises in sports, smile, bend over and just enjoy the dissent into total embarrassment of a 100+ year franchise. 

Bunch of pansies, I tell ya

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Is this a real post?  So what do you enjoy about this shitshow, and what should everyone else enjoy to match such a great Sox fan as yourself?  And what do you think the Sox final record will be, since it has only been one week?

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Is this a real post?  So what do you enjoy about this shitshow, and what should everyone else enjoy to match such a great Sox fan as yourself?  And what do you think the Sox final record will be, since it has only been one week?

Where does he say anything about enjoying this s%*# show? Many of us are/were informed enough to realize the team was going to be dreadful before the season actually started. It's playing out like many of us expected. We just don't feel the need to whine and complain about it like a petulant child ad nauseum every 10 minutes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Is this a real post?  So what do you enjoy about this shitshow, and what should everyone else enjoy to match such a great Sox fan as yourself?

They are bad. I knew they’d be bad.  I’m not pouting and pretending that Jose Rodriguez is a future stud and that a 1-7 record is some newsworthy occurrence.  It’s a 162 game season and at least half the lineup can’t hit.  They’ll have stretches like this and they’ll luck into a few small winning streaks and end up where most everyone thought they’d end up.  

People on this site are claiming the team won’t win 40 games.  It’s a pathetic circle jerk of misery.

Edited by Nardiwashere

3 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

They are bad. I knew they’d be bad.  I’m not pouting and pretending that Jose Rodriguez is a future stud and that a 1-7 record is some newsworthy occurrence.  It’s a 162 game season and at least half the lineup can’t hit.  They’ll have stretches like this and they’ll luck into a few small winning streaks and end up where most everyone thought they’d end up.  

People on this site are claiming the team won’t win 40 games.  It’s a pathetic circle jerk of misery.

It's exactly because we are 1-7 with no hope that we shouldn't be giving away fringe 22 year olds for 35 year old OFs.  Players with even a chance at okness are more important than fillers. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Big Hurtin said:

What's the over / under date for Chuck Garfien to go full Howard Beale?

I'm salty as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!!!!

5 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

So is this franchise from top to bottom.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Missing their only offensive player with any star talent for two months is going to destroy this offense.  You say half the lineup can’t hit….thats what was expected with the awful additions.  Again, none of this is unexpected, but they lost the one player they couldn’t afford to lose.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

See, here's where I am.

Prior to part way through last year, I was the eternal optimist. Once KW and Hahn were fired I figured things might turn around, because JR only makes moves when embarrassed.

Then this fucker and then the water cooler jug replacement gang have been trying to gaslight us all off-season into believing that Getz isn't a screw up that yes-manned his way into a job and is actually a wunderkind assembling a beautiful roster. That this rebuild will be different.

Instead, this rebuild has the vision built on... David Eckstein and the early 2010s Royals. 

After hearing about how bad Yaz was and how awful he was for culture, I guess, Martin Maldonado being demonstrably worse is hilarious.

If they're gonna be bad, I'm gonna have fun watching Chris Getz and Pedro Grifol ensure that they never touch another MLB franchise again.

• Like 4