2024 Gavin Sheets = 2018 Daniel Palka

What were the Sox supposed to do with Palka after that season? Cut him?

They never penciled him in for anything.

And one day, we might get some fortune with one of these guys.  Sometimes it does take a while.  See Naylor, who sucked for 5 seasons before he got good.

On 4/10/2024 at 8:38 PM, wegner said:

See what happens when you don't watch games?....I'm blissfully unaware that Sheets is on a hot streak.

I knew he had a good game or two but I also was unaware. I always liked Sheets and Vaughn, guys who have to wait a long time, like Karkovice, but I realized last season neither one of those guys is the real deal. I do like both, however.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I knew he had a good game or two but I also was unaware. I always liked Sheets and Vaughn, guys who have to wait a long time, like Karkovice, but I realized last season neither one of those guys is the real deal. I do like both, however.

Maybe the Cubs or Royals will pick them up. 

• Haha 1

2018 Daniel Palka was a blast, I loved it. Even 2017 Matt Davidson was highly entertaining. I think Sheets can stick around longer than most people think. A left-handed bat with power that can DH/1st base off the bench has value. In a pinch, if you have to, you can put in the outfield.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Maybe the Cubs or Royals will pick them up. 

You are pretty much the only one on this board sticking with the Sox through this stage of abandoning its fans with this gawd-awful rebuild so I would ask you not act like I'm the only naysayer. I like Sheets and Vaughn cause they've waited a long time for consistent at bats, don't get hurt and seems like they care.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

You are pretty much the only one on this board sticking with the Sox through this stage of abandoning its fans with this gawd-awful rebuild so I would ask you not act like I'm the only naysayer. I like Sheets and Vaughn cause they've waited a long time for consistent at bats, don't get hurt and seems like they care.

Sorry. 

• Like 1