Sox Select Remillard & Justin Anderson; DFA Shaw

ChiSox59

9 hours ago, tjp1684 said:

Normally I would say, “Oh crap! Sorry for ruining that.”  However, you might find more excitement pulling weeds or cleaning out a fridge.  

My son put on the Sox jersey he got for his birthday and wanted to watch a few innings before bed.  He looked at the score and said, “The Sox aren’t good at scoring runs, but the teams we play are.”  Someone asked why I got the jersey blank.  I said it was like $30 cheaper, and I wasn’t confident any of the actual options we could get would be on the team for the entire year or into the future.

In a month or so, you can use the 30$ to buy 4 box seats behind the dugout to a friday night game on stub hub. Of course then you might feel 

obligated to attend.

1 hour ago, zisk said:

In a month or so, you can use the 30$ to buy 4 box seats behind the dugout to a friday night game on stub hub. Of course then you might feel 

obligated to attend.

As long as that $30 can also buy parking or an ice cream, we’re in. I just won’t spend $80-100 to get there and park to watch us lose 7-1 or 8-2 and see ~17-20 guys who won’t be on the roster in 2 years.  We can watch on TV until we’re getting blown out, then shoot hoops or practice baseball outside.

I can also drive 30 minutes, see MiLB for 10-15% of the cost, and it is more likely to be a competitive game.

Edited by tjp1684

18 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think the idea was that they didn’t know the extent of Yoans injury until the next day and Colas was the only healthy position player on the 40 man. But yeah…we’re on same page that Colas should have just stayed. 

It doesn't really matter since once you bring him up, you can send him down and bring him back multiple times during the season without losing any additional options. You would have to expose him to waivers after the 5th call-up but I hope we wouldn't need to call him up more than 5 times in a season.

Only one Minor League option is used per season, regardless of how many times a player is optioned to and from the Minors over the course of a given season. (Players may only be optioned five times per season; after that, it requires outright assignment waivers to assign the player to the Minor Leagues.)

Tampa Bay was a master at this with their pitchers especially their relievers being brought up and sent down throughout the season multiple times.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
add

17 hours ago, WestEddy said:

And it sure sounds like Kopech is the Sox' closer, now. 

Kopech threw 24 pitches.  Why was he unavailable?

If they are trying to turn him into a trade piece (which they should - he has the same control timetable as Cease did), they're doing a lousy job of it.  They have about 2 months to prove that he's major league closer capable of handling high leverage situations and pitching multiple innings, then he needs to pitch.  Save situations will be rare for this team.  As of now, he's former top  prospect with a lot of arm talent, who's been floundering for a couple of years in the majors.

20 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

If they are trying to turn him into a trade piece (which they should - he has the same control timetable as Cease did), they're doing a lousy job of it.  They have about 2 months to prove that he's major league closer capable of handling high leverage situations and pitching multiple innings, then he needs to pitch.  Save situations will be rare for this team.  As of now, he's former top  prospect with a lot of arm talent, who's been floundering for a couple of years in the majors.

Yeah, I get not overworking a guy, but this team A) isn’t going to win a lot of games so he will get plenty of days off and B) had an off day the next day.

It’s whatever though. Not really complaining about it.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

2 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Have you seen his history of injuries?

37 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Getz couldn’t cut him for Popeye, but he can now cut numerous guys that don’t matter for nothing.  Getz has been the absolutely worst roster manager of all time.

Yep, he’s a horrible evaluator of talent 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Yep, he’s a horrible evaluator of talent 

Hahn and Getz are collectively degrading the value of Michigan degrees and ensuring another Wolverine won't get a GM spot outside of the Southside (if it still exists) in the future.

Edited by caulfield12