More wisdom from Grifol

“We have to execute the game plan,” White Sox manager Pedro Grifol said. “Every night, you are going to face someone like [Turnbull], especially when you are facing teams that are postseason clubs. It’s not going to get any easier tomorrow. It’s not going to get any easier on Sunday. We have to find ways to put good ABs together, execute and step on home plate.”

“The guys were saying the ball was moving all over the place. He has pretty good stuff, but at the same time, we have to find ways to make something happen,” Grifol said. “I’m not taking any credit away from him. He did a good job of pitching. But every day in this league, there is somebody out there that is pretty good.”

…..

“Crochet threw too many pitches,” Grifol said. “The first homer to Bohm, it was supposed to be inside. It kind of lifted out over the plate. The second homer was a slider down. It was below the zone. Another good piece of hitting.

“We talk about walks all the time, and every time there is a crooked number, there is probably a walk involved somewhere. And both of those were two-out heartbreakers right there.”

Bill Ladson has been a reporter for MLB.com since 2002. He covered the Nationals/Expos from 2002-2016. Follow him onFacebook.

Edited by caulfield12

I'm Pedro Grifol. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, Green Line said:

PLEASE hire chat gpt or something similar to manage.  We will get better results results and Jerry will save lots of $$$ which can be invested in ice cream and milkshakes.

“I’m not taking any credit away from him. He did a good job of pitching. But every day in this league, there is somebody out there that is pretty good.” That actually sounds like something chat gpt would say

• Haha 1