White Sox Winner ! 4th straight !

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Great pitching by Clevinger and especially the BP.

Just enough hitting !

4th win in a row. Suck it Guardians!

South side stand up !!

They can literally trade Clevinger right this second for a baggie of poo, and I'd call that trade a W. However, I'll take the W the other 25 helped deliver. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Great pitching by Clevinger and especially the BP.

Just enough hitting !

4th win in a row. Suck it Guardians!

South side stand up !!

And Maldonado crossed the line to .106!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

And Maldonado crossed the line to .106!

I turned the game on the radio and it was 2-0.....well alright.

Then Len said it was on RBIs by Lopez and Maldonado 😯😲😳

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

This is the best I have seen them play thus far, the pitching has been very good and they largely haven’t let Ramirez beat them. 

Been pretty clean baseball. That said, missed one today with Pedro not PR for Eloy. Should have been a 4-1 game. There is always an argument against pulling your better hitters early, but if you're gonna PR for him with 2 outs...

• Like 1

I been lucky enough to watch five straight wins. I watched the Sunday win over St. Louis. I was busy both Monday and Tuesday nights, so never had a chance to watch those losses. But was back in front of the TV for the final win against TB. And now I've been able to watch the last three wins against Cleveland. 

I can't remember the last time I've had so much fun being a White Sox fan. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

This is the best I have seen them play thus far, the pitching has been very good and they largely haven’t let Ramirez beat them. 

I heard that home run he hit the other day was not on a bad pitch...dude is just a crazy good hitter. Len and DJ said during this one that there was no way the Sox were gonna let him beat them late in a close game today or tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wegner said:

I heard that home run he hit the other day was not on a bad pitch...dude is just a crazy good hitter. Len and DJ said during this one that there was no way the Sox were gonna let him beat them late in a close game today or tomorrow.

It was just above his ankles IIRC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

A year ago to the date the Sox lost 1-9 to the Royals to move to 13-25 with a -67 RD. With the win today we are 12-28, while not trying, with our two best players hurt for almost all of it with a -83 RD. Incredibly, we had already given up 232 runs in two less games at this point last year. "Only" 202 RA by our staff so far in 2 more games. 

That's something.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

Now we even win a game in which nothing too spectacular happens. Pham-mania has hit the south side. He has turned this season around. Hope Getz is continuing to think of ways to improve the club. His moves since the season started have been good. I'd dump Moncada soon so as to not kill the good vibes. I see our 3B sparkplug is 0-for-8 last two games. Hope he starts hitting again. I want him in the big leagues.

Suddenly Pedro is safe and Getz is safe. Beating Cleve 3 in a row is nice. Glad Eloy is still healthy. Nicky whom I despise had a great game. Victory baby. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Now we even win a game in which nothing too spectacular happens. Pham-mania has hit the south side. He has turned this season around. Hope Getz is continuing to think of ways to improve the club. His moves since the season started have been good. I'd dump Moncada soon so as to not kill the good vibes. I see our 3B sparkplug is 0-for-8 last two games. Hope he starts hitting again. I want him in the big leagues.

Suddenly Pedro is safe and Getz is safe. Beating Cleve 3 in a row is nice. Glad Eloy is still healthy. Nicky whom I despise had a great game. Victory baby. 

Ramos is slumping a bit but he came through with the glove today big time. Important quality for any player to separate defense and offense.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Ramos is slumping a bit but he came through with the glove today big time. Important quality for any player to separate defense and offense.

Agreed. I'd just hate to see him with two more 0-for-4s and suddenly be under .200.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Yur recaps make me happy!! Keep it up! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

speak it into existence why don't you.

Don't worry. Usually when I make a proclamation the other thing happens (Costanza-like).

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, WestEddy said:

They can literally trade Clevinger right this second for a baggie of poo, and I'd call that trade a W. However, I'll take the W the other 25 helped deliver. 

I guess we'll find out soon enough if having Clevinger be a good boy for 1.5 years leads to a minor leaguer.

If not,  it's certainly a good way to get a cheap decent starting pitcher every year.

If the Sox are the only team to offer him a contract they can keep low balling him.Otherwise good luck in whatever foreign league will pay him more.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1