Sox interested in Tejada

southsider2k5

Well one up side with Mulder is that im almost positive he whould love to be a White Sock. When the All Star game was here he was on Dan Patrick and was talking about how he grew up here and he was a big Sox fan. Just thought I would put that in there.

You forgot the best part of that interview. You know, the part where he was being scouted by teams other than his boyhood team, the Chicago White Sox. Mulder even went so far as to have his HS coach personally invite JR and the Sox scouts to a game that he was pitching in S Holland.

And guess what the White Sox Organization did?

If you said nothing, not even returning the mailer or sending just one scout to the game..... you'd be correct! After all, Who wants to sign good, young pitching to those pesky longterm contracts.

You forgot the best part of that interview. You know, the part where he was being scouted by teams other than his boyhood team, the Chicago White Sox. Mulder even went so far as to have his HS coach personally invite JR and the Sox scouts to a game that he was pitching in S Holland.

And guess what the White Sox Organization did?

If you said nothing, not even returning the mailer or sending just one scout to the game..... you'd be correct! After all, Who wants to sign good, young pitching to those pesky longterm contracts. 

Wow... Didn't know that Mulder was a Sox fan.. I imagine he could be bitter towards JR

No Tejada?

Jeez..... why am I not surprised it was Beastly talking out of his ass?

You didn't let me finish. I heard the sign and trade on ESPN...it was a joke, but then I thought, hey what if they got Tejada as well. Cubkilla, sorry, I'll give you the COMPLETE Story JUST FOR YOU next time :rolleyes:

You didn't let me finish. I heard the sign and trade on ESPN...it was a joke, but then I thought, hey what if they got Tejada as well. Cubkilla, sorry, I'll give you the COMPLETE Story JUST FOR YOU next time :rolleyes:

What happened, did he go over and kick your ass while you were posting, so you could only manage to get the first part of the post out? That might rank as the lamest excuse outside of "if we only have 50 cents we can't spend a dollar" :bang

This is from Ken Rosenthal's Inside Dish,

The White Sox would love to pursue free-agent SS Miguel Tejada, but only if Tejada's price drops and the team can dump salary. Sox RF Magglio Ordonez rejected a three-year extension that included deferred money and a reduction from his $14 million salary, sending a clear message that he will not sell himself short in his final season before free-agent eligibility -- and possibly discouraging potential trade partners.

There's a chance, a very slim one at that, but there is a chance.

I can picture jason flying out to Chicago right now to hook me up.

Even if I failed...I'm sure I would be laughing and you probably would too. You'd see me running around throwing out I am the owner of Soxtalk.com....now will you go out with him ;) :lol: :D

Even if I failed...I'm sure I would be laughing and you probably would too.  You'd see me running around throwing out I am the owner of Soxtalk.com....now will you go out with him  ;)  :lol:  :D

Well, something did come up, and now there is defintely a chance. I'll keep everyone posted :D

That a boy...good luck!!!

There won't be a sign and trade with the A's. This isn't basketball. I don't see it happening.

Its a team effort Mike...you now haev all of soxtalk willing to help :lol:

Well as long as it helps us get Tejada...if it helps us get Arod, I'll buy ya a girl ;) :lol: