What did you do when the site went dark

Texsox

What did you do when the site went dark?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What did you do when the site went dark?

• Met these people called "family"
    • drank more
    • posted on other sites
    • wept
    • masturbated/sex with another person

:bringit  :D

I think it was a blessing in disguise that Soxtalk went down for those 3 or so days..it gave people a break from the addiction that is soxtalk posting...

Gave you time to spend time with your family..until you realized that the reason you spend all your time on Soxtalk is to get away from your family.. :D

Well, it gave you time to spend going out and enjoying the nice, fresh air of the outside..until you realize you're incredibly lazy.... :huh:

Hmm..it gave us all time to check out other websites to post on until we all realized there's a reason we spend every minute here at soxtalk..and it's not to see what great wisdom beastly will bestow on all of us... :lol:

Well, maybe it gave us time to spend with our loved with, catch up on some nice sex..but what do we do with the other 23 hours and 55 minutes in the day? Work or school I guess :) :ph34r:

Ahh, I'm sure we all had stuff that kept us occupied

:lolhitting

This is probably not good. While the site was down I . . .

achieved the highest grade in the class on a Developmental Psy test

scored a 100% on a Music Appreciation final

wrote an English lit paper (worth 25% of final grade) which scored a 98/100

finished up a Psy research paper which earned me 18/20 extra credit points

I'm certain this is all a coincedence

The rest of my finals are in two weeks, could y'all f*** up the site again? :lol: :lol:

The rest of my finals are in two weeks, could y'all f*** up the site again? :lol:  :lol:

We could just ban you... :lol:

The rest of my finals are in two weeks, could y'all f*** up the site again? :lol:  :lol:

Damn Texsox, youve conjured up more A's one week then I have through 4 years of high school. :lol: From high school to my freshman year of college (present time) I normally recieve C's but have no problem with that. Throughout high school teachers made a big damn deal that getting straight A's was needed to get into EVERY college. My philosophy was why over achieve....and it seems more prevelant because our solitorian from high school goes here too. I didnt need to work my ass off for four years to get here.

Not meaning to demoralize your work texsox, good job! :headbang

Damn Texsox, youve conjured up more A's one week then I have through 4 years of high school. :lol:  From high school to my freshman year of college (present time) I normally recieve  C's but have no problem with that.  Throughout high school teachers made a big damn deal that getting straight A's was needed to get into EVERY college.  My philosophy was why over achieve....and it seems more prevelant because our solitorian from high school goes here too.  I didnt need to work my ass off for four years to get here. 

Not meaning to demoralize your work texsox, good job!  :headbang

The difference is, once your in college, depending on what your profession then your grades tend to matter. They probably stop looking at your grades after your first job.

This all depends on your profession though. Some professions as long as you get the degree, your set. With me I just know I need to get my ass to law school so I can't slack off. :lol:

The difference is, once your in college, depending on what your profession then your grades tend to matter.  They probably stop looking at your grades after your first job.

This all depends on your profession though.  Some professions as long as you get the degree, your set.  With me I just know I need to get my ass to law school so I can't slack off. :lol:

Im in Liberal Arts and Sciences studying for a Law Enforcement Degree. My plan is to finish 4 years with a Bachelors then find a job as a cop. Without the degree I could of recieved a job as a police officer but with a BS I'm guaranteed a position. After a couple years I then apply for a job in a federal agency. Not necessarily FBI....which is tough to enter and has the means to relocate you.

In a way Im creating a loophole by offsetting my career job. Instead of applying for an agency right out of college I wait till I have police experience and references.....which mean more to the real world then an A in philosophy.

Jason, dont listen to these people that tell you about needing perfect grades to enter law school. If you were concerned about grades I would recommend becoming an intern for a law firm. When your applying for law school and have the references of accredited lawyers it really means alot. Connections mean more in life then hard work ever will.

Anyways.....how many lawyers are there in the US? Look at your phone book if you really need proof. Its not as hard as you believe to enter law school and become a lawyer, the trouble is finding work.

Sorry if I seemed to go off on a rant.

Im in Liberal Arts and Sciences studying for a Law Enforcement Degree.  My plan is to finish 4 years with a Bachelors then find a job as a cop. Without the degree I could of recieved a job as a police officer but with a BS I'm guaranteed a position.  After a couple years I then apply for a job in a federal agency.  Not necessarily FBI....which is tough to enter and has the means to relocate you.

In a way Im creating a loophole by offsetting my career job.  Instead of applying for an agency right out of college I wait till I have police experience and references.....which mean more to the real world then an A in philosophy.

Jason, dont listen to these people that tell you about needing perfect grades to enter law school.  If you were concerned about grades I would recommend becoming an intern for a law firm.  When your applying for law school and have the references of accredited lawyers it really means alot.  Connections mean more in life then hard work ever will. 

Anyways.....how many lawyers are there in the US?  Look at your phone book if you really need proof.  Its not as hard as you believe to enter law school and become a lawyer, the trouble is finding work. 

Sorry if I seemed to go off on a rant.

While its not hard to become a lawyer...it is hard to become a good lawyer. I want to become an international attorney and to do that and be very good it truly pays to go to a very good school.

I do agree though, that working in a law firm would definately help and I plan on doing an internship over the summer.

Like with you, I definately think your on the right track and you have things figured out. My other belief is if I can get kick ass grades now, work 30 hours a week and still have a lot of time to spend with my friends and stuff, then when I get out of school, life is gonna seem so much easier :lol:

My other belief is if I can get kick ass grades now, work 30 hours a week and still have a lot of time to spend with my friends and stuff, then when I get out of school, life is gonna seem so much easier  :lol:

I can restate something I said earlier now that I realized I was wrong. Many people in a position to guide your future probably wouldnt agree with my "approach" to finding a job or surviving college. Definately not something I would tell someone entering high school or attempting to enter law school (in jasons case).

For me this approach works but really would be disasterous for most who aren't slackers or trying to find the easy way in life; like myself.

Jason, if you work your ass off and accomplish the goals you set forth then you have more the reason to feel good about yourself. I dont feel like this, but I suppose some others might feel cheated if they went to college and didnt put forth full effort. I can assure you of one thing......you become a good lawyer and the 100K, $70 an hour pay will make all the years of studying worthwhile. :headbang

Exactly...I want to retire young. I agree with what you say. For example, If I was going to become a teacher, I'd be do it a little more kick back. Not because teaching is a lesser job, cause its not, its one of the most important jobs out there and teachers are vastly underpaid, at least the good ones are.

But because teachers, this is me assuming, basically have to learn their curriculum and thats it, once you do that, you have your books and what not. The key is whether you have good teaching methods and have a good mixture of sterness as funness (If thats a word).

Like I think someone that teaches kindergardners really just needs to be child smart, not really book smart.

Either way, once I becoem a lawyer, if somehow their is a slim chance, I may one day make enough to somehow buy a share of a baseball team or get myself a gig as a high ranking executive, then I'll be really happy :)