Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wild Card Round Discussion

Featured Replies

8 hours ago, chw42 said:

Cya next year Cubs

Buh bye, SMFD PCA.

  • Replies 422
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Second time this week front office “analytics geeks” coming under fire…first was Pete Alonso versus Stearns

"It's not enough when you have talent, or you have data, or you have computers telling you what to do, because this is baseball. The data is here to help us but at the end of the day, you're going to need experience and veteran guys to win games. There's a lot of stuff that I would like to say, but I'll state it like that."

Contreras also played coy with a question about the team's lineup:

Question: "You guys for much of the season, especially during the hot stretch, found so many fitting parts in the lineup. What do you think happened down the stretch and into the playoffs?"

Contreras: "That's a good question. I'm not going to answer it because I don't want to give my honest answer. We got eliminated, that's the bottom line

Edited by caulfield12

Lmao the honest answer is WE WAS CHEATIN AND HAD TO STOP

I didn't catch the Yankees-Red Sox game, but I see the box score that Crochet pitched. Anyone have a scouting report on Garrett was he 100% ?

13 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

I didn't catch the Yankees-Red Sox game, but I see the box score that Crochet pitched. Anyone have a scouting report on Garrett was he 100% ?

This is my, admittedly non professional, review of his performance IMG_6442.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

I didn't catch the Yankees-Red Sox game, but I see the box score that Crochet pitched. Anyone have a scouting report on Garrett was he 100% ?

It was ugly but maybe not quite as bad as his box score looks.

I didnt see velocities on his fastball, he gave up a lot of hits but seemed like relatively soft contact. I was sort of half watching that on TV2 and sox lockerroom celebration on TV1

2 minutes ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:

It was ugly but maybe not quite as bad as his box score looks.

I didnt see velocities on his fastball, he gave up a lot of hits but seemed like relatively soft contact. I was sort of half watching that on TV2 and sox lockerroom celebration on TV1

I was curious on his Velo and if he was rushed back. I am still a fan of Garrett

Edited by Falstaff

29 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lmao the honest answer is WE WAS CHEATIN AND HAD TO STOP

I'm out of the loop, can you elaborate?

8 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

I'm out of the loop, can you elaborate?

It’s speculation that during their 19 game win streak they were hacking pitch com.

9 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

I'm out of the loop, can you elaborate?

What palealesox said. I think someone here shared a tweet where someone laid out exactly what they needed to hack pitch com and it was basically 25 dollars in Amazon s%*# and a little buzzer

and that team absolutely turned back into pumpkins when that speculation started

Wow that's insane.

1 hour ago, Falstaff said:

I was curious on his Velo and if he was rushed back. I am still a fan of Garrett

He was 97-98 generally. He actually got a swinging K on the first batter, but the ball got away from Rutschman and the runner reached.

Then another Adley error put that runner on 3rd and he scored on a well hit single. Soft bloop and a bunt loaded the bases, everyone scored on the next reliever after Crochet was pulled.

His stuff wasn't peak but looked viable enough, easy to imagine the inning going much differently if the strikeout is completed for out #1.

I don't understand how there are Sox fans that would want to see a White Sox vs Cubs World Series, that means you actively want the Cubs to keep advancing and that they also have a shot at winning it all. Makes no sense to me. Imagine even if you 100% believe the Sox will win, but what if they don't, it's baseball, probably the most unpredictable of all sports, then you will never ever stop Cubs fans from chirping in our ear. No effing way.

It's like hoping the Packers make it to the NFC title game as a Bears fan wanting to defeat them there, nah, I hope the Packers are in last place, irrelevant to the Superbowl contenders argument. Same with the Cubs. Two franchises with some of the most arrogant and annoying fanbases.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

4 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

Who will Caleb try to befriend on the White Sox now since he needs to drop that loser PCA? I’ll say he goes with Sam.

Tyson Bagent should throw out the first pitch Wednesday. He seems to be a Sox fan

1 minute ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I don't understand how there are Sox fans that would want to see a White Sox vs Cubs World Series, that means you want the Cubs to keep advancing and that they also have a shot at winning it all. Makes no sense to me. Imagine even if you 100% believe the Sox will win, what if they don't, then you will never ever stop Cubs fans from chirping. No effing way.

It's like hoping the Packers make it to the NFC title game as a Bears fan wanting to defeat them there, nah, I hope the Packers are in last place, irrelevant to the Superbowl contenders argument.

I honestly could care less what the cubs do but I also don't live in Chicago anymore. I think we're a better team this year despite not having as good of a record.

2 hours ago, Falstaff said:

I was curious on his Velo and if he was rushed back. I am still a fan of Garrett

post season baseball will do that in a dire situation. If it were reversed would the Yank use Judge as a DH? Always amazed when organizations still win with the absence of a MVP type player. It tells you winning is a habit. Teams like those don't have the same definition of competitive as we do. Ours is weak.

3 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I don't understand how there are Sox fans that would want to see a White Sox vs Cubs World Series, that means you want the Cubs to keep advancing and that they also have a shot at winning it all. Makes no sense to me. Imagine even if you 100% believe the Sox will win, what if they don't, then you will never ever stop Cubs fans from chirping. No effing way.

It's like hoping the Packers make it to the NFC title game as a Bears fan wanting to defeat them there, nah, I hope the Packers are in last place, irrelevant to the Superbowl contenders argument.

More from a national and local media, city-wide excitement perspective, surely.

120+ years since the last time, etc.

Sox-Guardians still getting the worst time slots for ALDS imo.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

More from a national and local media, city-wide excitement perspective, surely.

120+ years since the last time, etc.

Sox-Guardians still getting the worst time slots for ALDS imo.

Any word what the Wednesday and Thursday time slots will be? Assuming late afternoon.

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy1 said:

post season baseball will do that in a dire situation. If it were reversed would the Yank use Judge as a DH? Always amazed when organizations still win with the absence of a MVP type player. It tells you winning is a habit. Teams like those don't have the same definition of competitive as we do. Ours is weak.

It also is tearing the team apart.

Breslow Anthony Crochet Miller (LHR) vs. Contreras and Gray

3 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Any word what the Wednesday and Thursday time slots will be? Assuming late afternoon.

Nope TBD

Just 5 pm again for G2

Dodgers at ATL/Philly and MIL at SD will be the two evening Fox games

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Any word what the Wednesday and Thursday time slots will be? Assuming late afternoon.

It’s four games Wednesday if the NL games are game 4. Guessing we’ll be the noon start. Thursday probably 4 pm unless the Yankees-Rays is over.

Edited by flavum

2 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

I honestly could care less what the cubs do but I also don't live in Chicago anymore. I think we're a better team this year despite not having as good of a record.

They played far more competitive teams. The NL central is an underrated division. They are the Brewers b****.

No one on that team picked up the slack for PCA.

He were are today going into the next round because someone picked up the slack for the big 3. There's a lot more of that with the duct tape pitching staff.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 2

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.