Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wild Card Round Discussion

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I don't understand how there are Sox fans that would want to see a White Sox vs Cubs World Series, that means you actively want the Cubs to keep advancing and that they also have a shot at winning it all. Makes no sense to me. Imagine even if you 100% believe the Sox will win, but what if they don't, it's baseball, probably the most unpredictable of all sports, then you will never ever stop Cubs fans from chirping in our ear. No effing way.

It's like hoping the Packers make it to the NFC title game as a Bears fan wanting to defeat them there, nah, I hope the Packers are in last place, irrelevant to the Superbowl contenders argument. Same with the Cubs. Two franchises with some of the most arrogant and annoying fanbases.

Look man, I am not in this to worry about other people's insecurities. I want to see peak experience. Let Cub fans talk. Does it actually matter? Can't you cope? The loudest people are the most insecure.

  • Replies 432
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Kyyle23
    Kyyle23

  • MexSoxFan#1
    MexSoxFan#1

    I don't understand how there are Sox fans that would want to see a White Sox vs Cubs World Series, that means you actively want the Cubs to keep advancing and that they also have a shot at winning it

  • caulfield12 — The International Man of SoxTalk Caulfield is another massive-volume, deeply knowledgeable, weirdly wide-ranging poster. His posts frequently go beyond the Sox into international basebal

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Look man, I am not in this to worry about other people's insecurities. I want to see peak experience. Let Cub fans talk. Does it actually matter? Can't you cope? The loudest people are the most insecure.

Problem is I have family and friends whom are Cubs fans so I have to deal with them lol

I agree, it's not like a life or death situation so let's just say I want to avoid that, and I will forever root against the Cubs.

9 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Problem is I have family and friends whom are Cubs fans so I have to deal with them lol

I agree, it's not like a life or death situation so let's just say I want to avoid that, and I will forever root against the Cubs.

I do sports because I am all about the experience of it. It's not about hearing my opinions or replacing something missing in my life. I want to see something I will never see again. I want the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows. I want the stories.

...In other news, F the Cubs. Relatedly, I know this place is home to a small sub-contingent of fans who have managed to maintain a sour mood-level as their baseline throughout one of the most out-of-nowhere, blissful, and odds-defying sports seasons in my lifetime -- a feat of negativity many would consider impossible.

I'd love to deploy this elite strike force of uber-haters to assess the team to our immediate north. How pissed would you be if you were a Cub fan? If, instead of being in like year -1 of a rebuild with a bottom of the barrel payroll and a bunch of baby players, your team was your star-studded finished product? With its big-name manager, big-name free agent signings, and high payroll...and still couldn't get past the first round? Or compete for a mere division past June EVER? Would you call for players to be arrested? Executed? Help me - unleash your powers for good.

17 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

...In other news, F the Cubs. Relatedly, I know this place is home to a small sub-contingent of fans who have managed to maintain a sour mood-level as their baseline throughout one of the most out-of-nowhere, blissful, and odds-defying sports seasons in my lifetime -- a feat of negativity many would consider impossible.

I'd love to deploy this elite strike force of uber-haters to assess the team to our immediate north. How pissed would you be if you were a Cub fan? If, instead of being in like year -1 of a rebuild with a bottom of the barrel payroll and a bunch of baby players, your team was your star-studded finished product? With its big-name manager, big-name free agent signings, and high payroll...and still couldn't get past the first round? Or compete for a mere division past June EVER? Would you call for players to be arrested? Executed? Help me - unleash your powers for good.

I have said it for years. The Cubs neglect of their roster is borderline criminal for a franchise bringing home about nine figures a year from profits just off of the team and team owned assets. That's without counting their share of all of the Wrigley adjacent stuff the Rickets own. They are probably making $150 to $200 million a year in clean profit, and still getting their asses kicked by Milwaukee operating on shoestrings. But I am also not a Cub fan and don't care to spend literally any energy actually being upset for them.

21 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

...In other news, F the Cubs. Relatedly, I know this place is home to a small sub-contingent of fans who have managed to maintain a sour mood-level as their baseline throughout one of the most out-of-nowhere, blissful, and odds-defying sports seasons in my lifetime -- a feat of negativity many would consider impossible.

I'd love to deploy this elite strike force of uber-haters to assess the team to our immediate north. How pissed would you be if you were a Cub fan? If, instead of being in like year -1 of a rebuild with a bottom of the barrel payroll and a bunch of baby players, your team was your star-studded finished product? With its big-name manager, big-name free agent signings, and high payroll...and still couldn't get past the first round? Or compete for a mere division past June EVER? Would you call for players to be arrested? Executed? Help me - unleash your powers for good.

I mean, we all gave Getz s%*# for Castillo being a complete failure, but we didn't really give up much for him prospect wise. The Cubs gave up their 2nd best prospect for Holmes not to pitch at all in the playoffs and Tyrone Taylor got 1 AB. They also never really addressed their horrendous bullpen. Zeferzahn wasn't good enough to be considered a solution. I don't think any acquisition could have helped them catch the Brewers, but they could have at least won enough games to host the Wild Card series. It's weird, because the Cubs make a lot of money, but don't really spend like they are a top 3 revenue team. If you're a Cubs fan, that has to be really frustrating. They're always stuck in this place where they're good, but not really good enough. And they keep getting beat by the likes of the Brewers, who don't have their financial resources. That seems to be the theme of the Jed Hoyer era.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I mean, we all gave Getz s%*# for Castillo being a complete failure, but we didn't really give up much for him prospect wise. The Cubs gave up their 2nd best prospect for Holmes not to pitch at all in the playoffs and Tyrone Taylor got 1 AB. They also never really addressed their horrendous bullpen. Zeferzahn wasn't good enough to be considered a solution. I don't think any acquisition could have helped them catch the Brewers, but they could have at least won enough games to host the Wild Card series. It's weird, because the Cubs make a lot of money, but don't really spend like they are a top 3 revenue team. If you're a Cubs fan, that has to be really frustrating. They're always stuck in this place where they're good, but not really good enough. And they keep getting beat by the likes of the Brewers, who don't have their financial resources. That seems to be the theme of the Jed Hoyer era.

It's funny that someone tagged Jerry saying they play for 2nd place, but the Cubs live that s%*#. The Sox are more worried about profiting from year to year than they are anything else. The Cubs don't have that problem, yet still refuse to invest in this team like they should. Their ownership group is TRASH>

32 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

...In other news, F the Cubs. Relatedly, I know this place is home to a small sub-contingent of fans who have managed to maintain a sour mood-level as their baseline throughout one of the most out-of-nowhere, blissful, and odds-defying sports seasons in my lifetime -- a feat of negativity many would consider impossible.

I'd love to deploy this elite strike force of uber-haters to assess the team to our immediate north. How pissed would you be if you were a Cub fan? If, instead of being in like year -1 of a rebuild with a bottom of the barrel payroll and a bunch of baby players, your team was your star-studded finished product? With its big-name manager, big-name free agent signings, and high payroll...and still couldn't get past the first round? Or compete for a mere division past June EVER? Would you call for players to be arrested? Executed? Help me - unleash your powers for good.

My brothers in law are die hard Cubs fans, and the mood is pretty grim for them. But mostly due to all their pitching injuries:

Justin Steele (LHP) – 60 day IL after a setback recovering from TJS

Cade Horton (RHP) – TJS, out until sometime in 2027

Porter Hodge (RHP) – TJS, out until sometime in 2027

Shelby Miller (RHP) – TJS, out until sometime in 2027

Riley Martin (LHP) – Flexor strain in his left elbow, hasn't pitched since April

Phil Maton (RHP) – Dealing with right knee tendinitis, hasn't pitched since July

Hunter Harvey (RHP) – Right triceps inflammation, hasn't pitched since April

IMO, even though he sucks this year trading for Tucker and not extending him was an AWFUL move. Big waste of resources. And now they have a depleted minor leagues after a bunch of panic trades to cobble together enough of a pitching staff to get obliterated in the wild card round. They're gonna need their injured pitchers (Steele and Horton in particular) to come back strong next year or they're in big trouble.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 2

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.