Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

People thought I was crazy, but not so much anymore

Featured Replies

Before the regular season started, I made three bets. One was that they would win the division which, of course, I failed by one game. I also bet that they would win the AL pennant and even the World Series. I know that was really crazy but right now it doesn’t seem that crazy.

receipts lol?

  • Author

I was really stupid. I put $250 down for the White Sox to win the division. The payout maximum would’ve been $12,500. In June they offered to buy me out for 7500 and I refused. That’s right I got nothing because I thought they would win the division and they lost it by one game.

25 minutes ago, Thesieve300 said:

I was really stupid. I put $250 down for the White Sox to win the division. The payout maximum would’ve been $12,500. In June they offered to buy me out for 7500 and I refused. That’s right I got nothing because I thought they would win the division and they lost it by one game.

Nope, your title is wrong — NOW I think you are crazy.

2 hours ago, Thesieve300 said:

I was really stupid. I put $250 down for the White Sox to win the division. The payout maximum would’ve been $12,500. In June they offered to buy me out for 7500 and I refused. That’s right I got nothing because I thought they would win the division and they lost it by one game.

Bummer.

2 hours ago, Thesieve300 said:

I was really stupid. I put $250 down for the White Sox to win the division. The payout maximum would’ve been $12,500. In June they offered to buy me out for 7500 and I refused. That’s right I got nothing because I thought they would win the division and they lost it by one game.

All the more reason to hate Cleveland.

What odds do you have on the line for them winning the ALCS and WS? LFGWS!!!

9 hours ago, Thesieve300 said:

Before the regular season started, I made three bets. One was that they would win the division which, of course, I failed by one game. I also bet that they would win the AL pennant and even the World Series. I know that was really crazy but right now it doesn’t seem that crazy.

Just out of interest do you make similar bets most seasons or just this one?

  • Author

No, I don’t, which is the funny thing. I just had a feeling that the White Sox were going to get better while the rest of the division was declining. So it wasn’t a major amount of money I was risking, but I just had a feeling that it might not be the longshot that some people would’ve thought

  • Author

Here’s my bet on the pennant and what they’re offering to pay me to cash out.IMG_5134.jpeg

IMG_5134.jpeg

Edited by Thesieve300

  • Author

Here’s my bet on the World Series and what they’re willing to pay me now to cash out

IMG_5136.jpeg

1 hour ago, Chimpton said:

Just out of interest do you make similar bets most seasons or just this one?

Gambler’s Anonymous nightmare fuel

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.