17 hours ago17 hr Before the regular season started, I made three bets. One was that they would win the division which, of course, I failed by one game. I also bet that they would win the AL pennant and even the World Series. I know that was really crazy but right now it doesn’t seem that crazy.
16 hours ago16 hr Author I was really stupid. I put $250 down for the White Sox to win the division. The payout maximum would’ve been $12,500. In June they offered to buy me out for 7500 and I refused. That’s right I got nothing because I thought they would win the division and they lost it by one game.
15 hours ago15 hr 25 minutes ago, Thesieve300 said:I was really stupid. I put $250 down for the White Sox to win the division. The payout maximum would’ve been $12,500. In June they offered to buy me out for 7500 and I refused. That’s right I got nothing because I thought they would win the division and they lost it by one game.Nope, your title is wrong — NOW I think you are crazy.
14 hours ago14 hr 2 hours ago, Thesieve300 said:I was really stupid. I put $250 down for the White Sox to win the division. The payout maximum would’ve been $12,500. In June they offered to buy me out for 7500 and I refused. That’s right I got nothing because I thought they would win the division and they lost it by one game.Bummer.
13 hours ago13 hr 2 hours ago, Thesieve300 said:I was really stupid. I put $250 down for the White Sox to win the division. The payout maximum would’ve been $12,500. In June they offered to buy me out for 7500 and I refused. That’s right I got nothing because I thought they would win the division and they lost it by one game.All the more reason to hate Cleveland.
8 hours ago8 hr 9 hours ago, Thesieve300 said:Before the regular season started, I made three bets. One was that they would win the division which, of course, I failed by one game. I also bet that they would win the AL pennant and even the World Series. I know that was really crazy but right now it doesn’t seem that crazy.Just out of interest do you make similar bets most seasons or just this one?
5 hours ago5 hr Author No, I don’t, which is the funny thing. I just had a feeling that the White Sox were going to get better while the rest of the division was declining. So it wasn’t a major amount of money I was risking, but I just had a feeling that it might not be the longshot that some people would’ve thought
4 hours ago4 hr Author Here’s my bet on the pennant and what they’re offering to pay me to cash out. Edited 4 hours ago4 hr by Thesieve300
4 hours ago4 hr Author Here’s my bet on the World Series and what they’re willing to pay me now to cash out
4 hours ago4 hr 1 hour ago, Chimpton said:Just out of interest do you make similar bets most seasons or just this one?Gambler’s Anonymous nightmare fuel
54 minutes ago54 min I thought you meant you bet the pennant and WS before the season... Not 2 days ago lol
52 minutes ago52 min 3 hours ago, Thesieve300 said:Here’s my bet on the World Series and what they’re willing to pay me now to cash outThose offers will go up once they finish off Cleveland then cash out. Or maybe wait to when TB finishes off the Yankees see if the Sox can steal game 1 of the ALCS . Of course if that happens will you cash out ? Also seems like at the beginning of the season you would 've got better odds. So bet $250 to win division but $500 each on ALCS and World Series. Did you make the ALCS and WS bets later ? Just seems backwards like if they lost the division and didnt make the playoffs you automatically lose your $500 ALCS and WS bets.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.