Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big name throwing out first pitch tomorrow

Featured Replies

19 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I hope it's not Thome. He's got really bigger ties as a player to the Guardians than the Sox.

His cap in the Hall of Fame is Cleveland.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Could you imagine if it’s TLR?

  • southsider2k5
    southsider2k5

    Hopefully Pham takes him out.

  • DoUEvenShift
    DoUEvenShift

    Even if she doesn't, she HAS to be there tomorrow on the organ. Just a no brainer for Brooks and his team to make it happen - hope they did. Also, seen this floating around today, but if they revamped

Posted Images

This is reminding me of when they said there was going to be a surprise guest at the DNC and it ended up being Leon Panetta

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

Agree, keep it baseball related......however I know it wouldn't happen but I would accept Pope Bob.

Has Nancy Faust ever thrown out a first pitch?

She would be fantastic.

I think it's gonna be one of the SP from 2005. "Big Name" to me suggests MB. I could also see it being Frank, great time to bury any hatchet there.

39 minutes ago, fathom said:

Could you imagine if it’s TLR?

Hopefully Pham takes him out.

13 minutes ago, wegner said:

His cap in the Hall of Fame is Cleveland.

As well it should be.

13 minutes ago, wegner said:

Has Nancy Faust ever thrown out a first pitch?

Even if she doesn't, she HAS to be there tomorrow on the organ. Just a no brainer for Brooks and his team to make it happen - hope they did.

Also, seen this floating around today, but if they revamped this video and brought it back the park would go fucking insane. I get goosebumps still watching the old version.

14 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

She would be fantastic.

Crowd would love it too, I think.

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

As well it should be.

I don't disagree. I was just saying that to bring up the point that I do not think he would be a good choice.

7 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Even if she doesn't, she HAS to be there tomorrow on the organ. Just a no brainer for Brooks and his team to make it happen - hope they did.

Also, seen this floating around today, but if they revamped this video and brought it back the park would go fucking insane. I get goosebumps still watching the old version.

I heard someone on the radio saying they would be playing a new sizzle reel....I've never heard that term before but I would guess the above is an example of a said sizzle reel.

12 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Even if she doesn't, she HAS to be there tomorrow on the organ. Just a no brainer for Brooks and his team to make it happen - hope they did.

Also, seen this floating around today, but if they revamped this video and brought it back the park would go fucking insane. I get goosebumps still watching the old version.

The Big Hurt lifting up Robin over his shoulder gives me goose bumps every damn time.

Jeff Samardzija

James shields

Rick hahn

Kenny Williams

Ken Griffey Jr.

Dinosaur guy

Drake laroche

Chris sales cut up uniform

Joe borchard

Jose Paniaqua redemption.

1 minute ago, Rowand44 said:

Jose Paniaqua redemption.

Welp @wegner already made this joke. My bad sir!

4 minutes ago, Whisox05 said:

Jeff Samardzija

James shields

Rick hahn

Kenny Williams

Ken Griffey Jr.

Dinosaur guy

Drake laroche

Chris sales cut up uniform

Joe borchard

Forgot Manny Ramirez

2 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Welp @wegner already made this joke. My bad sir!

Great minds, sir, Great minds

I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to sleep.....I'm pumped!!!!!

Gotta listen to the first couple hours on the radio at work but I'm sure Len and DJ will paint a perfect picture of the atmosphere.

16 minutes ago, Whisox05 said:

Jeff Samardzija

James shields

Rick hahn

Kenny Williams

Ken Griffey Jr.

Dinosaur guy

Drake laroche

Chris sales cut up uniform

Joe borchard

Jurassic Carl, aka "C-Rex":

EverettCarl.jpg

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Jurassic Carl, aka "C-Rex":

EverettCarl.jpg

Pretty sure he lives in Texas now...

Pham/Everett tandem?

Is the shaking cane guy still around?

Edited by caulfield12

I'm gonna guess Fisk

Dick Allen's family would be cool, but not sure JR would allow it...

Jerry Krause widow?

Bartman?

Nancy Faust?

2 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Caleb Williams.

White Sox better make sure he signs an insurance waiver....

Don't think they're bold enough to drop a Kpop or Jpop group ... who is Mune's musical idol?

Kpop Demon Hunters trio?

3 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Caleb Williams.

Someone on the radio poo pood this idea....said he's a Cubs fan for what it's worth.

9 minutes ago, wegner said:

Someone on the radio poo pood this idea....said he's a Cubs fan for what it's worth.

Hate those celebs like John Cusack that want to have it both ways. Pick a side!

I mean you kind of get all those Bulls' guys, they have to appear due to JR.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.