Brandon Puffer

Armando Benitez

Mike DeJean

Mike Williams

Jose Jimenez

Rodrigo Rosario

courtesy of http://home.earthlink.net/~pdave/id5.html

Julian Tavarez

Corey Thurman (wouldnt mind signing him to a cheap minor league deal)

Ugueth Urbina

Is a 6 year free agent the same as any unrestricted free agent?

TM PITCHER G W L SV ERA IP H BB K

CWS Diaz,F. 4 1 0 0 1.21 22.1 14 3 14

CWS Munoz,A. 5 2 0 2 0.00 8.1 4 5 11

The reason we might not need some relievers and didn't offer Sullivan arbitration is because these guys: Felix Diaz and Analdo Munoz are light out in the Dominican League. Diaz is a righty and Munoz is a lefty, they might be in the pen in 2004.

Courtesy of Baseball America's prospect report.

Another good right handed reliever available is Todd Worrell, and there are many more.

Heard the Braves are very high on Tim Worrell on Sportscenter for Tim Kurkjian. He thinks a deal will prob get done soon. I wouldn't mind seeing Osuna back though.

TM  PITCHER      G W L  SV ERA    IP  H  BB  K

CWS Diaz,F.        4 1 0 0  1.21  22.1 14 3  14

CWS Munoz,A.        5 2 0 2  0.00 8.1  4 5  11

The reason we might not need some relievers and didn't offer Sullivan arbitration is because these guys: Felix Diaz and Analdo Munoz are light out in the Dominican League.  Diaz is a righty and Munoz is a lefty, they might be in the pen in 2004.

Courtesy of Baseball America's prospect report.

Don't forget though, that IS the Domincan League.

There's a slight difference between the Dominican League and AAA minor leagues, let alone the Big Leagues.

I do see your point however.

Benitez and Jimenez are two guys I'd be interested in. I think the Sox should get as many guys with closer experience that are good that you possibly can.

Guardado, Arthur Rhodes (I may of missed it, maybe the Mariners have signed him cause I haven't been around much today) and then Benitez and Jimenez. Get two of them to go with Marte and use Koch to get another reliever and I think your set with Wright and one of the rookies as your other reliever.

Benitez and Jimenez are two guys I'd be interested in.  I think the Sox should get as many guys with closer experience that are good that you possibly can.

Guardado, Arthur Rhodes (I may of missed it, maybe the Mariners have signed him cause I haven't been around much today) and then Benitez and Jimenez.  Get two of them to go with Marte and use Koch to get another reliever and I think your set with Wright and one of the rookies as your other reliever.

Jimenez Sucks.... Benitez Well..... Yeah Todd Worrell is gonna make a come back at 42 lol

Jimenez Sucks.... Benitez Well..... Yeah Todd Worrell is gonna make a come back at 42 lol

My bad Tim Worrell, not the former closer of the Dodgers...Todd.

I don't think Benitez sucks. He isn't the best but he has a hell of a fastball and has been a sucessful closer for a while. He's not going to be get big bucks and could easily come in and do a job very similar to Gordon and I think he has a lot better odds of making it through the season healthy.

And Jimenez has pitched very very well in Coors of all places. Once again great stuff and closer experience and could come cheap.

I don't think Benitez sucks.  He isn't the best but he has a hell of a fastball and has been a sucessful closer for a while.  He's not going to be get big bucks and could easily come in and do a job very similar to Gordon and I think he has a lot better odds of making it through the season healthy.

And Jimenez has pitched very very well in Coors of all places.  Once again great stuff and closer experience and could come cheap.

Beat ya. :lolhitting

other decent options

Mike Jackson

Darren Holmes

Dave Veres

Gary Glover

Brandon Puffer

Armando Benitez

Mike DeJean

Mike Williams

Jose Jimenez

Rodrigo Rosario

courtesy of http://home.earthlink.net/~pdave/id5.html

Julian Tavarez

Corey Thurman (wouldnt mind signing him to a cheap minor league deal)

Ugueth Urbina

Is a 6 year free agent the same as any unrestricted free agent?

Rosario is a young guy who only has 8IP (CAREER) i don't know how he is a FA...

Benitez--- made alot of money last year... Should be about the same as we suposedly offered EDDIE... He'd be a better option than Eddie. Good against both lefties and righties

DeJean --- a cheaper option-- a decent pitcher to fill the pen. could be had at under $2 MIL

Urbina --- Same as Benitez --- I would have been talking to Urbina and Benitez before EDDIE

Jimenez -- Jason seems to like him--- he had his worst K/BB ratio of his career last year -- He made 3.5 MIL ...I'd pass.. But if he was able to get back to 2002 form...4:1 K/BB ratio I'll take that.

The rest I either don't know anything about --- or I would hate to see on this team.

well maybe not glover... at least we know what we'd be getting, and cheap

I don't think Benitez sucks.  He isn't the best but he has a hell of a fastball and has been a sucessful closer for a while.  He's not going to be get big bucks and could easily come in and do a job very similar to Gordon and I think he has a lot better odds of making it through the season healthy.

And Jimenez has pitched very very well in Coors of all places.  Once again great stuff and closer experience and could come cheap.

Jason Just Joshing ya...

Jimenez.. I don't know maybe a change of sceanery would help. Benitez.. is got a good arm. the thing i like is that you have to kill this dude on the mound he's gonna come after ya.

Tim Worrell could help as a long man

s***, Nelson and Rhodes alone with fill the needs of our bullpen. Just estimating, but I would guess both salaries combined would cost the sox 8 million. Of course Colon was a higher priority.....but now that hes gone and money is up considerations should be made for these two.

s***, Nelson and Rhodes alone with fill the needs of our bullpen.  Just estimating, but I would guess both salaries combined would cost the sox 8 million.  Of course Colon was a higher priority.....but now that hes gone and money is up considerations should be made for these two.

Don't count on that Colon money going anywhere but back in JR's wallet.... KW said as much Colon was plan A and plan B didn't include the money that was being thrown at Colon.

Jason Just Joshing ya...

Jimenez.. I don't know maybe a change of sceanery would help. Benitez.. is got a good arm. the thing i like is that you have to kill this dude on the mound he's gonna come after ya.

Tim Worrell could help as a long man

I heard that Benitez really had trouble gettin out Left Handed Hitters this year. I wouldn't say he thrives in pressure either. :lol: