I have the CBA...

Steff

Ahhh let the POS have his fun. His story was quite entertaining.. except he messed up on the comment about Paul's house. Fan and I discussed this a long time ago about how the permits were a fiasco and in limbo and how he ended up dumping the property. Besides.. he's busy getting married. No time for social visits. And for the record.. I don't know Sandy Alderson.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ever have a day where you've had enough?

I have.

This thread is about to be as pointless as any we have ever had and as potentially destructive.

Jason, I see you are out there.  If you weren't, I'd be be real inclined to close this before this fight gets to be more more than it is.

And it might be just be me but there are days when the shouting and verbal trumps of each other drive away all and any joy of being here.

Damn it all I come to get away from stress.

Why can't people here go without having to have the last word?

Why ruin our fun when it is so damn cold outside?

Ahhh let the POS have his fun. His story was quite entertaining.. except he messed up on the comment about Paul's house. Fan and I discussed this a long time ago about how the permits were a fiasco and in limbo and how he ended up dumping the property. Besides.. he's busy getting married. No time for social visits. And for the record.. I don't know Sandy Alderson.

Konerko dumped his land? There was an editorial in the Times about a month ago about how some older lady in Bridgeport was all excited about Konerko moving to Bridgeport and he better not be traded. I thought he was going to try and trump the guy with the indoor pool just south of the park.

Konerko dumped his land?  There was an editorial in the Times about a month ago about how some older lady in Bridgeport was all excited about Konerko moving to Bridgeport and he better not be traded.  I thought he was going to try and trump the guy with the indoor pool just south of the park.

That was the last thing I heard. But who knows.. I've been wrong before... :lol:

That was a great discussion too! So he did end up dumping the land, huh? I think the guy that's building next to me is gonna get about half done and run out of money. No bites on any of the 6 yet and supposedly he's running tight. The land owner/builder seems nice enough, but I think he might have bitten off more than he can chew with this.

Steff, I think it would be great for light reading. I appreciate the fact you do get information and are willing to share it. Never see you very upset when someone disagrees with you either on the info you give. Maybe it's becasue you don't have a huge ego to feed. I would like to get the CBA when you have a chance, but please don't hurry with it if you have other things to do.

elrock@prodigy.net

Why ruin our fun when it is so damn cold outside?

see that's why I didn't do it -

hell if this is fun to some go for it and I will stay away

however as I look at my Timex quartz watch and flick on the Sony 12E-B3 halogen desk lamp, the Y Tu Mama Tambien (green) poster over the Steelcase Suite III computer desk, clad as I am in the Armani slacks (a deep blue that is almost black except in that moment just before dusk when the sun catches the angle just right) that I picked up at Prado's while I was looking for a match for the Gucci casual kind of a teal but yet not pullover that makes my gym-chisled chest bulge exactly right, I thought to myself that if anyone did a real parody of the way Patrick Bateman (the literary character) thinks, no one would get it.

So I plunge the Haverhill knife with the double serrated stainless steel edge into the still heaving chest of my date (what was her name) as her one still open eye fixes on me with that all waxy, glassy blank stare and get out the Habit-Trail while stopping to drink the last of brut champagne gone so sadly flat from New Years Eve, the Field's crsytal long stemmed glass clinking dully on the Wisconsn marble counter top.

but see, only Patrick Bateman will get this and the rest of you think I am more looney than ever so I go away and leave everyone to their winter indoor fun.

That was a great discussion too!  So he did end up dumping the land, huh?  I think the guy that's building next to me is gonna get about half done and run out of money.  No bites on any of the 6 yet and supposedly he's running tight.  The land owner/builder seems nice enough, but I think he might have bitten off more than he can chew with this.

The tax index # was no longer in his name as of the second installment. That's a good indication of a sale.

By the way for anyone interested...

Regarding the Sox agreement with the IL Sports Authority..

This is comment from someone who works at Harris Bank

"The actual documents aren't always public record. It could be possible to get an official statement from the broker who sold the bonds but most likely it was sold to a fund."

So I'll have to do a bit more digging to get that info.

Flash Tizzle, Steff thanks for the compliments (except for the POS reference. I again have refrained from name calling and once again you have resorted to it). Cwsox, take a deep breath, it’s all good. I guess I just have a problem with Steff’s wording in her posts. I said earlier, some of her posts are quite informative, sometimes they just rub me the wrong way. White sox in ’04, I would never come to a message board looking for a fight, that’s absurd. Keep it up and I will however, come out to Valpo and kick your ass. And southsider2k4, Michigan City isn’t too much further from there, so watch your step as well. Seriously guys, I mean no harm, just a long off season. Look at the clock, it’s time to go home. That sure did make the afternoon fly by.

BTW…could I get a copy of that steff?

Flash Tizzle, Steff thanks for the compliments (except for the POS reference.  I again have refrained from name calling and once again you have resorted to it).  Cwsox, take a deep breath, it’s all good.  I guess I just have a problem with Steff’s wording in her posts.  I said earlier, some of her posts are quite informative, sometimes they just rub me the wrong way.  White sox in ’04, I would never come to a message board looking for a fight, that’s absurd.  Keep it up and I will however, come out to Valpo and kick your ass.  And southsider2k4, Michigan City isn’t too much further from there, so watch your step as well.  Seriously guys, I mean no harm, just a long off season.  Look at the clock, it’s time to go home.  That sure did make the afternoon fly by.

BTW…could I get a copy of that steff?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you serious, you are going to make a whole big scene and then ask for a copy? Now that is funny. Or maybe the threats are funnier... :rolleyes:

see that's why I didn't do it -

hell if this is fun to some go for it and I will stay away

however as I look at my Timex quartz watch and flick on the Sony 12E-B3 halogen desk lamp, the Y Tu Mama Tambien (green) poster over the Steelcase Suite III computer desk, clad as I am in the Armani slacks (a deep blue that is almost black except in that moment just before dusk when the sun catches the angle just right) that I picked up at Prado's while I was looking for a match for the Gucci casual kind of a teal but yet not pullover that makes my gym-chisled chest bulge exactly right, I thought to myself that if anyone did a real parody of the way Patrick Bateman (the literary character) thinks, no one would get it.

So I plunge the Haverhill knife with the double serrated stainless steel edge into the still heaving chest of my date (what was her name) as her one still open eye fixes on me with that all waxy, glassy blank stare and get out the Habit-Trail while stopping to drink the last of brut champagne gone so sadly flat from New Years Eve, the Field's crsytal long stemmed glass clinking dully on the Wisconsn marble counter top. 

but see, only Patrick Bateman will get this and the rest of you think I am more looney than ever so I go away and leave everyone to their winter indoor fun.

Nice man...

Here's my new card

Nice. Nice color.

That's bone.

Nice man...

Here's my new card

Nice.  Nice color.

That's bone.

nice nice color

nicer than mine

the bone is exqusite and I am embrassed with my soft beige.

And the font - the font, he must have searched forever for that. It is is busimness and yet so eloquent and elegenmt. I have lost this round. Damn! someone will pay. Need to switch to a discussion of cabernet before this card thing lingers on - and see my stationer tomorrow.

(are you doing the book or the movie?)

You got that right, keep on following.

Nice try on the rewording, only it would have went something like this..

"I was out the other day with Dave Wills and Mark's Dad talking about the CBA and we stopped off to get some lunch and ran into Sidney Ponson.  Anyway, after lunch, I dropped off Willsy and Mark's Dad at PK's house in Bridgeport 'cause Mark was visiting with Paul.  They asked me if I wanted to come in for a few beers, but I told them I had other plans.  Without them, I figured I could get some real work done, so I called up Sandy Alderson and asked him to email me a copy of the MLB CBA and he told me sure thing Steff.  You know, most people would have to pay $20, but Sandy and I are tight.  So now I've got it, who wants it?  Okay southsider2k4, you want it,... sit down,... shake hands,...rollover.....good boy.  Okay, here's your copy.  Who else?  The Critic.  Okay Critic, what do you say?  "Baaaahhh" "Baaaahhh".  Good boy, here's your copy.  HSC's Biggest Fan...kneel before me and kiss my feet.  Good Boy, you are a good servant.  I'm like the queen bee here at soxtalk.com.  And for the last time, Colon is going to the Yankees and there is nothing wrong with Sid's arm."

Disclaimer...The above is not a real quote

As Ace Ventura said when he saw Ray Finkle's room:

"Obsess......much...."?

You seem to have a vivid recall when it comes to the postings of Steff.

Is it LESS of a cult if you dislike the leader?

Heh, plus I read the Tribune/Sun_Times reports where Kenny Williams says Konerko is getting married. I did not think Chicago's most eligible bachelor would bite the dust.

If KW says Paul is getting married, you:

(1) have to wonder if it's true

(2) wonder if JR told him to tell the press, and

(3) wonder if Paul's marrying the wrong girl with a similar last name.

If KW says Paul is getting married, you:

(1) have to wonder if it's true

(2) wonder if JR told him to tell the press, and

(3) wonder if Paul's marrying the wrong girl with a similar last name.

LOL.. he's really getting married.

It works for me to believe that everything written here is done in good humor and not meant personally. It can change the whole attitude of the post when you read it thinking that it's done in a jokey, tongue in cheek sort of way.

Also, very important, is to always, "Remember to remember sarcasm".

:bang

It works for me to believe that everything written here is done in good humor and not meant personally. It can change the whole attitude of the post when you read it thinking that it's done in a jokey, tongue in cheek sort of way.

Also, very important, is to always, "Remember to remember sarcasm".

:bang

WOW, what a GREAT INSPIRATIONAL POST that was....

;) :D

Pat- Your threats are terrible. I am so scared. Anyways, why don't you fill out your profile? Are you too scared to let people know where you're really from? The big boy is coming to Valpo. Oh no! Not wanting to pick fights? You started this whole thing. Why are you gonna come get me and southsider? I think you should go and get Steff since that's who you really hate. I wasn't trying to start anything with you and you did start it, even though you don't like to start fights. I gotta go to my basketball game now. It's at VALPARAISO HIGH SCHOOL in the field house. I will see you there my friend. Come on if you're so tough. :bringit

what's sarcastic?  You kicking people's ass?

:lol:

Sometimes, I get the feeling people like yanking on people's chains.

:chair

But to each his own.

:huh:

The sarcasm was the comment about me asking for a copy of the CBA steff was referring to. The kicking people's asses part was also sarcastic. I've said it before & I'll say it again, threats over a message board are absurd, they'll never come to fruition. And I will say it is rather funny to see how worked up people get.