Valentin to Yankees?

um,

(get the pun there)

Steve didn't go to Michigan either --

and will beat you into a bloody pulp for suggesting he did!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

but then again, when you can't spell a Sox player's name...  and an MSU student can... 

:bringit  :bringit  :bringit  :lol:

Sorry guys, I forgot to put the smiley there. That's my bad, I was just playing around.

Also, State used to be MAC. I have no part with those rodents (yeah I said rodent, bring it cw :P ).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it needed to be pointed out. I think we all knew who he was talking about regardless of the spelling. ;)

I think most people knew who he was talking about, but maybe one person got confused. We did used to have a Valentine in the orginization. Also, the thread was just title Valentine to Yankees?, which is all that is seen on the first page. I think we do need to spell our players names right too. ;)

To me,Valentin's more of a 2B or SS,not a 3B.

Didn't we make this mistake in 2001??

Just asking. :D  :D

P.S. ARRON BOONE IS AN ASSWIPE!!

What kind of idiot plays baseketball in the off season when his contract becomes null and void if he tears an ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) playing basketball in the offseason????

Playing basketball would be a good way to stay or keep in shape. It was a fluke injury. I think its kind off odd that playing basketball would be a no no written into a contract. Cal Ripken Jr. was famous for his off season basketball games. He has his own court, and played everyday during the offseason. I feel bad for Boone. He was just trying to stay in shape, and it looks like the Yankees are going to stiff him on his contract. JR could have stiffed Jay Williams, but still paid him for this year, and will pay another $3 million to buy him out, and Williams wasn't doing anything to improve his physical condition when he was injured.

Leiber is coming off of TJ surgery.  He won't be ready for a year.

Last I heard Lieber may be ready to start the season. He actually threw in either Minor League games or simulated games at their ST complex late last year and has been on an off-season throwing program. I haven't heard of any setbacks.

Last I heard Lieber may be ready to start the season.  He actually threw in either Minor League games or simulated games at their ST complex late last year and has been on an off-season throwing program.  I haven't heard of any setbacks.

Leiber sounds like he will pitch this season, but it always takes a year of pitching to get back to where you started.

Yanks won't trade Lieber. They invested in him last year with the assumption that he would produce for them this year. I do think the future 3B of the yanks is going to come from the Dodgers. They now have Beltre, Ventura, and Hernandez. Ventura would be the obvious choice to go back to the yanks, but since he signed as a free agent, he can't be traded til June 15th or something like that. So my guess would be Beltre.

Valentin and the Sox are stuck with eachother, at least thats what I feel. I'm sure a team would take him, but not his 5.5 mil next season.

It would be funny to see what the Sox would do with that freed up money if he is traded.

Just curious here, say we hypothetically trade Jose for a bag of balls to a random team(KW trades him to the Dodgers, thinks he's getting Edwin Jackson, and actually gets Edward Jones or some s*** like that).  Then who the hell plays SS?  :huh:

That is all

Juan f***ing Uribe!?!

Juan f***ing Uribe!?!

I don't know about anyone else, but that scares the s*** out of me.

I'd rather get .235 25 70 with 20 errors and 120 strikeouts while watching a guy try to hit right handed and end up hitting .065 then watch Uribe have an OBP under .300 and wonder what the hell will happen.

I just don't like the idea of Uribe as the starting SS. Jose will be gone after this year anyways, not a big deal.

I don't know about anyone else, but that scares the s*** out of me.

I'd rather get .235 25 70 with 20 errors and 120 strikeouts while watching a guy try to hit right handed and end up hitting .065 then watch Uribe have an OBP under .300 and wonder what the hell will happen.

I just don't like the idea of Uribe as the starting SS.  Jose will be gone after this year anyways, not a big deal.

maybe we should just play without one.

We haven't had a good one in a long time, and certainly not one that anyone was happy with, so look at the money we could save on payroll to sign someone else if we went without a shortstop!

We haven't had a good one in a long time, and certainly not one that anyone was happy with, so look at the money we could save on payroll to sign someone else if we went without a shortstop!

I'll play it!!!!

better yet the last time the White Sox had a player-manager they won the WS..... of course it WAS 1906, and they did only have to play the Cubs, so....

I nominate Ozzie to fill the theoretical hole vacated by JosE6.