Seattle Times stoking the flames...

RudyLawRules

How many people do you think go there to get stuff signed to try and make a profit off of it?  An autographed ball for Buerhle if he wins the Cy Young = price of addmission.  I always thought this was a decent percentage of the crowd.  I was not there this year but it seemed to a draw for those that wanted Baines, Thomas, Ordonez, etc. in the past.

I don't go for the autographs (although I did get Thigpen's for my dad and Lee's for my sister this year - and only did that because I had the pass to get in) so I have no idea. I do have a ton of autographed balls from '80 to '90 and '96 to '00 but they are sitting in a drawer in my office. Too much effort to sell them. I'd give them to my godson first.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id do that deal in a 1/4 of a heartbeat. Imagine an outfield of Lee, Winn, and Reed. Oh yeah. Plus, we get a pretty good #3 pitcher in Garcia and we have Garland and Soriano be #4 and #5 respectively. That sures up our Starting Rotation and the Outfield. Please do the trade!

P.S.- I love Maggs but we cant pass this deal up!

I'd do the deal, but i'd still trade PK for Perez. With Mags ($14M), PK ($8.5M), Koch ($6M), and Jose ($5M) coming off our payroll next season would make us huge players in free agency. Imagine having close to 30 million to spend on free agents.

You think Reinsdorf will actually spend the $$ if he has it?

I love mags and all but this deal is pretty solid. Oh yeah remember who Randy Johson was traded to the Astros for...thats right a guy named Freddy Garcia and some prospects of course. This guys not bad he just needs to get the hell outta Seattle. As for Winn hes a solid outfielder who can hit for average and Soriano is awesome. How could you turn down a deal like this?

Id do that deal in a 1/4 of a heartbeat. Imagine an outfield of Lee, Winn, and Reed. Oh yeah. Plus, we get a pretty good #3 pitcher in Garcia and we have Garland and Soriano be #4 and #5 respectively. That sures up our Starting Rotation and the Outfield. Please do the trade!

P.S.- I love Maggs but we cant pass this deal up!

The starting OF would probably be Lee, Winn, Rowand, with Reed getting some time in AAA.

And it's nothing to write home about. Lee, Winn, Rowand is mediocre at best, and could be worse then mediocre.

And WH2, I can tell you exactly why you turn this deal down. You say you're not going to trade the main player in the deal. KW has publicly said(and several on here can quote KW on this) that he will NOT trade Maggs or Lee.

Although I am shady on the details, I still think this deal is make-able mainly because of the Ray Durham deal(if you will allow me to go back that far). From what I understand, Durham was told he would remain with the White Sox, and very few days later, he was traded to Oakland for Adkins. Maggs was basically assured that he will not be dealt. Who says KW will not be an assface again and stab Maggs in the back and trade him?

BTW, I have said I like the deal already. If made, I would be in favor of it. I just don't see it happening because I think KW does actually have a heart.

No way I'm reading this entire thread, so is this rumor legit or not?

Well it depends if Seattle sign Greg Maddux or not. They were afta I-Rod, can't get him now, so if they can't get sign Maddux, then they'd try to make a trade for Maggs, Beltran or Jenkins movin Ichiro to Center.

Edited by DBAH0

Well it depends if Seattle sign Greg Maddux or not. They were afta I-Rod, can't get him now, so if they can't get sign Maddux, then they'd try to make a trade for Maggs, Beltran or Jenkins movin Ichiro to 1st.

thanks.

Well it depends if Seattle sign Greg Maddux or not. They were afta I-Rod, can't get him now, so if they can't get sign Maddux, then they'd try to make a trade for Maggs, Beltran or Jenkins movin Ichiro to 1st.

Why would they move Ichiro to 1B? Who do they have in CF that is blocking Ichiro from going there? Because I know for a fact that they have John Olerud blocking him from going to 1B.

Why would they move Ichiro to 1B?  Who do they have in CF that is blocking Ichiro from going there?  Because I know for a fact that they have John Olerud blocking him from going to 1B.

Oops I meant Center. Sorry I dunno what I was thinkin, Ichiro said he would only move to Center, if they acquired a Maggs type franchise player to replace him in right as well.

:angry:  :rolleyes:  :P

Well we'd have 3 better options at the majors, and we're not going to use Reed from the bench.

What do you want to do, start him over Rowand when Rowand is the better man just because he is our #1 prospect? Not gonna happen.

Besides, Reed only has like a half of a year at AA. Miguel Olivo had a full year(or 2) at AA, and while Olivo isn't quite the hitter Reed is, IMO, it wouldn't make much of a difference. Reed would be in over his head if he was in the majors and would probably hit less then .250 when you need .265-.275.

You all know as well as I do that if the right deal came along for Maggs, Carlos, or anyone, that KW would jump on it. If he did trade Maggs he could just say that the statment he made a SoxFest pertatined to the deals that were on the table at the time, and not this deal. The trade that is proposed in this thread would help us in 3 key area's, starting rotation, the pen, and a decent outfileder in Winn.  The casual fan might not be happy with the deal, just becasue of Maggs fan appel, but the deal would be great for us.

Exactly! I love this deal, because we're definitely making out better in this. I always thought if there was a deal to come around of equal or better value of Mags, I say sign on it.

Well we'd have 3 better options at the majors, and we're not going to use Reed from the bench.

What do you want to do, start him over Rowand when Rowand is the better man just because he is our #1 prospect?  Not gonna happen. 

Besides, Reed only has like a half of a year at AA.  Miguel Olivo had a full year(or 2) at AA, and while Olivo isn't quite the hitter Reed is, IMO, it wouldn't make much of a difference.  Reed would be in over his head if he was in the majors and would probably hit less then .250 when you need .265-.275.

Ya I know, I just did it cause it's my name. :)

That would be awesome if KW could get this deal done AND PK for Perez. Our starting pitching would be hands-down the best in the central.

Buerhle

Loaiza

Garland

Garcia

Perez

Soriano could also fight for a spot. I would be so happy with Kenny if he could get these two deals done. Hell, I might even consider buying season tickets if he did this.

Dream is now over. I sadly forsee our team going into ST as it is now. That makes me very, very sad. :headshake

Maggs stated that he wants a contract similar to that of Vladimir Guerrero's. 70 million over 5 years. That's 14 million per year.

We need to trade him now, because if we're in first place come July, we're going to lose him at the end of the season and come away with what, a draft pick? That doesn't work out. We're talking about a potential hall of fame player here. I'd do it for Piniero, Soriano, and Winn, and a top prospect to be named later. Freddy Garcia gives up an awful lot of home runs. The Sox have absolutely annihilated the Mariners when he has pitched. At least in the past couple of years, anyway. He'll have like a 4.50 ERA if he pitches for the Sox. I feel the same way about Odalis Perez. We need ground ball pitchers.

Sorry but I really have no faith in Cotts learning how to throw strikes.  Control and plate discipline can not be taught, hence trading Cotts and Borchard would not be a bad thing.  Trading Honel and Reed would.

If Cotts threw strikes in the minors we would have something to work with.

The dude started last season in A ball. You see him pitch for 4 games and he's got no future. :rolleyes: