Top Prospects in AL Central

SoxAce

I highly doubt that Reed ever steals 40+ bases. I am guessing that the guy that wrote that article has never seen Reed play and is basing his projections on his minor league stats solely. The truth is that Reed has only slightly above average speed, and that his sucess rate in the minors was very poor. I can see Reed getting 20 SB, but not much more than that.

I think the bigger struggle for Harris will be getting on base. If he can do that consitently, I think he has a shot at 40.

Hell, I think if he can get on base consistently, he could steal 60 or 70. He seems to be a very good base stealer. Not like Rickey Henderson good, but good none the less.

those numbers are way too high to project on reed at this point...he started last year in A ball....if he hits 250 this year at charlotte he will fall off the radar...its crazy to project those numbers on a guy thats probably 2 years away..

btw..do we have any infield prospects that have any chance at all???

willie is not only a good base stealer but he's also the fastest guy on the team

Although, speed sometimes isnt what steals bases, its reading the pitchers first move and getting a good jump. Carlos led the team, and he's not even in the top 10 of fastest runners on our team.

Ok, this guys stuff is all of! He doesnt have Sweeney in the Top 5, problem righ there. He has Cotts 3rd-not with his control although he has upside. Also, he has Honel ETA in late 2005! KW will have traded him by then. LAst, he has Shingo as a prospect!

Out of all our pitchers that could be technically classified as rookies if they made the club this year, I think Cotts has the best shot of being a quality major league pitcher, sooner, than the rest.

I'm leaving Shingo out of this equation.

Christian Guzman is the fastest guy in the Majors and never steals, so your right.

He is a terrible basestealer. That is a 50 steal guy, easy, if he would learn how. I wonder about the work ethic of the guy, because of his numbers with all of his raw ability, and the grumblings that the Twins thought about nontendering the guy.

He is a terrible basestealer.  That is a 50 steal guy, easy, if he would learn how.  I wonder about the work ethic of the guy, because of his numbers with all of his raw ability, and the grumblings that the Twins thought about nontendering the guy.

There are some guys that have a knack for it and some that never will. Certain aspects of base stealing can be taught, but that instinct or knack is not one of them.