Why I didn't renew my tickets this year.

southsider2k5

Parking was $14 last yr, I expected them to round it off to $15 but why add the extra $1? The attendants are going to have to start with a big wad of singles.

Yea the outer sections of the UD are less during the weekdays but they don't sell any of those except for a few half priced nights and btw there's only 4 half priced Monday games this yr.

Parking was $15 in lots E & D last year.. I'm not sure about other lots, but I heard there were different prices.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baseball wasn't designed to be this high priced game that

it has become.

It was supposed to be for little kids going to the park for a couple

bucks.

We must blame Steinbrenner and all the owners for overpaying.

In the final analyis, what are Sox fans paying for?

Not a chance at winning the series, that is for sure.

Not with our payroll.

If you love going to the park and having fun like the one poster said,

more power to you.

But 16 bucks to park???????

Unbelievable.

And yes I realize it's not just a Sox problem.

But c'mon.

I won't get into an economics debate here, but I assure you, supply and demand are certainly related when supply is not infinite.

Well yeah, they're related through price. But I'm sayin that there aren't going to be fans popping up just because there are a few less seats. People might be willing to pay more for the big games (ie vs Cubs, late-season in-division games) that sell a lot of seats, but not for the rest.

Also, isn't the seat reduction occuring in the upper deck?

Hopefully one day my intelligence will get me a large sum of money, then I can afford season tickets and whatnot. Just seeing this years increase was a terrible disappointment to me. I mean by the time I have a career and earn a decent living, I would not be surprised to see lower box seats at 60 bucks a pop. I think all of the older sox fans who were able to see games for rediculously low prices (I remember my dad talking about going to games for a few dollars) should feel very lucky, because those days are long gone, and for my generation, season tickets will only be for the rich.

By the way, park on a side street. ;)

Well yeah, they're related through price.  But I'm sayin that there aren't going to be fans popping up just because there are a few less seats.  People might be willing to pay more for the big games (ie vs Cubs, late-season in-division games) that sell a lot of seats, but not for the rest.

Also, isn't the seat reduction occuring in the upper deck?

Sometimes things aren't always as they seem, and work the opposite you might think they would.

For instance, most people would think that a lower ticket price would allow fans to spend more money at the ballpark, yet it is a fact that fans spend more money when the ticket price is higher.

Now I am not saying that the Sox should double their ticket prices, but I can almost guarantee you that more money is spent per fan on their premium dates, such as the Cubs, Yankees, etc. Less money per fan is spent on the lesser nights, including half price nights. There may be exceptions, but they are just that, exceptions to the rule.

Thats freaking expensive. I see a ton of Angels games every year and If I calculate out what I pay, it is way less then that.

Usually I sit for 7 bucks in the upper deck, but right behind home plate, or I upgrade and spend about 15 and sit in the terrace section (on the field level, but its essentially the 2nd level on the field...still great seats).

Now I'm guessing Angels tickets will be going up, but thats roughly 70 bucks for 10 games behind home plate, then I probably go to about another 10 games where I sit at other areas, which is 150...so 220 for 20 games. Then I get a few free seats from title reps that are freaking awesome.

Either way, its pretty pathetic when I could go to about 15 more Angel games and still pay essentially the same as you do.

Oh ya, did I mention the fact that the ANgels have a 100 mill payroll and added Vladdy, Colon, Escobar, Jose Guillen and Co.

I should add these prices are after my AAA discount.

One quick question, do the Sox ever offer buy one season ticket, get on free? I know the Dodgers and Angels both offer it every year in the upper deck and other limited sections.

The maximum seats you could do under this policy is 2 at full price and then 2 for free. Maybe prices are part of the reason the fans don't go??

Thats freaking expensive.  I see a ton of Angels games every year and If I calculate out what I pay, it is way less then that.

Usually I sit for 7 bucks in the upper deck, but right behind home plate, or I upgrade and spend about 15 and sit in the terrace section (on the field level, but its essentially the 2nd level on the field...still great seats). 

Now I'm guessing Angels tickets will be going up, but thats roughly 70 bucks for 10 games behind home plate, then I probably go to about another 10 games where I sit at other areas, which is 150...so 220 for 20 games.  Then I get a few free seats from title reps that are freaking awesome. 

Either way, its pretty pathetic when I could go to about 15 more Angel games and still pay essentially the same as you do. 

Oh ya, did I mention the fact that the ANgels have a 100 mill payroll and added Vladdy, Colon, Escobar, Jose Guillen and Co. 

I should add these prices are after my AAA discount. 

One quick question, do the Sox ever offer buy one season ticket, get on free?  I know the Dodgers and Angels both offer it every year in the upper deck and other limited sections.

The maximum seats you could do under this policy is 2 at full price and then 2 for free. Maybe prices are part of the reason the fans don't go??

No, that can't be it. Every Sox fan should want to pay top dollar for mediocrity. :rolleyes:

I park at a bar and walk a couple of blocks. I need the exercise and they give you a paper cup so if need be you could possibly sneek into the blechers at Yankee Stadium and STILL DRINK. The time for walking is worth the $ saved as well not having to put up with traffic. My mom refuses to do this but she is 62 years old so I leave her at the bar to watch the game, or she sits in the car in the tavern parking lot. I crack the window for her :)

I know I said on several occasions that I wasn't going to buy Sox tix for this season (due to inactivity on the part of management), but when my "Starting Nine" application came in the mail, I caved! I order tix again.

Damn blind loyalty!!!

Mine hit the shredder! :headbang

Baseball wasn't designed to be this high priced game that

it has become.

It was supposed to be for little kids going to the park for a couple

bucks.

We must blame Steinbrenner and all the owners for overpaying.

In the final analyis, what are Sox fans paying for?

Not a chance at winning the series, that is for sure.

Not with our payroll.

If you love going to the park and having fun like the one poster said,

more power to you.

But 16 bucks to park???????

Unbelievable.

And yes I realize it's not just a Sox problem.

But c'mon.

Interesting how you complain about both the high prices and how the Sox have a "low payroll."

There's always minor league baseball, college baseball, high school baseball and lots other baseball games that you can take your kids to for only a "couple bucks."

to me it sounds very republican :lol:

he has a commodity for sale and sells it at the highest price he can and you all b****?

to complain about over pricing, one must first be a Democrat!

:cheers  :usa  :usa  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :snr  :usa  :usa

I'm not saying that he shouldn't be aloud to raise his prices. Now, THAT would be Democratic

You can't park on a side street anywhere near USCF without a permit card, which you can only get if you live there, or if you know someone that does.

You can go into Jimbo's or Shinick's or any bar around there and ask for a temporary pass. They'll give you one if you return it after the game.

Last year was my first year that I could drive to the park myself, so I went to alot more games than I ever did, around 13 I think. THis year I'll probably do the same. I'll get opening day tix and cubs/sox tix on the 13th and the rest of the time I'll just get tickets when I get to the park.

Interesting how you complain about both the high prices and how the Sox have a "low payroll." 

There's always minor league baseball, college baseball, high school baseball and lots other baseball games that you can take your kids to for only a "couple bucks."

High prices with a low payroll seems like a pretty damn good reason to complain, imho.

BTW during a fit of inspiration, I sent an email to the Sox that was basically a cut and paste of my post, and included the 2000 comparision, and an overview of wage differencials during the same time span.  I will post a response if I get one, but the Sox are notoriously bad about replying to email, so I am not holding my breath.

For all who are interested... It has been about 48 hours since I emailed my letter to the Sox, and there has been no answer. Glad to see they care about their fans enough to make any attempt to reply.

For all who are interested... It has been about 48 hours since I emailed my letter to the Sox, and there has been no answer.  Glad to see they care about their fans enough to make any attempt to reply.

Did you post said letter? Is it the same as your original post in this thread? If not, post for all to see. :)

Did you post said letter?  Is it the same as your original post in this thread?  If not, post for all to see.  :)

The basic tenet of it is my original post of this thread. I did add a little bit to it when I emailed the team. I added the 2000 comparison and a wage inflation figure.