Day two panic

knightni

Who do you believe should be the Sox closer?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you believe should be the Sox closer?

• Billy Koch
    • Damaso Marte
    • Cliff Pollitte
    • Shingo Takatsu
    • Mike Jackson
    • Other

Koch proved to me in ST that he is going to be crap this year. In 2 outtings he got hit hard, luckily for him only one of them that resulted in runs. Shingo is the only guy who hasn't blown up yet. Let's see what he can do. It's still too early to judge. Ozzie should let Koch keep the job if he has confidence in him.

I say depending on what Schoenweis does, throw Cotts into the rotation and let Danny Wright be the closer.  He's got the stuff to take the job and I think it would be a role he'd thrive in.

He does seem to have a good mindset for a closer. His stuff is good, I'm not yet convinced he has spectacular stuff. Either way, I think he'd do well. The bigger issue in my mind is if Cotts can take that 5th spot though.

Koch was told he would be the closer and he should be given every opportunity to do so. Ozzie made a gamble, a decision, played a hunch, whatever it was it didn't work and I think Koch should have started the 9th to close out the victory.

go ahead and laugh i picked marte cause hes a whole lot better than this.Marte has been a good closer sumwhat last season to my vision. koch is good but bad most of the time. I could be wrong this season though. :huh

The problem with that is we then we have to depend on Cotts to be the lefty out of the pen.

I vote Koch. Let him have it. If not Koch, Politte should get it.

I don't like it, but Koch should be the closer cause he's our closer on paper.

It's KW who assembled the team and Koch is the closer Ozzie's been dealt.

So sink or swim, it's Koch.

If I had my choice it'd be Marte though (I can't believe I'm saying that

after yesterday).

Koch proved to me in ST that he is going to be crap this year. In 2 outtings he got hit hard, luckily for him only one of them that resulted in runs. Shingo is the only guy who hasn't blown up yet. Let's see what he can do. It's still too early to judge. Ozzie should let Koch keep the job if he has confidence in him.

That maybe one of the funniest things I've read in a while... :lol: You are saying that Koch sucked in ST, but Shinjo "didnt blow up" ? WTF, we were watching 2 different White SOx Spring Training squads I guess. Until the end of ST, Koch had looked damn good, and was spotting his pitches. Shinjo, well at no point did he really look like the "demi-God" that people overseas claim him to be.

Koch is the closer. Ozzie f***ed up yesterday.

Next?

I say depending on what Schoenweis does, throw Cotts into the rotation and let Danny Wright be the closer.  He's got the stuff to take the job and I think it would be a role he'd thrive in.

Maybe Danny can close in the future, but not now.

Wright had a really good spring starting, and the rotation is a trouble spot this year.

Koch should be given a chance to close out a few games before Ozzie blows him up and starts over. Especially based on his first outing - he didn't show me anything to make me believe that he can't do it this year.