Twins' New Turf

Ishmookie

I saw the turf on tv it makes the stadium look more natural because FieldTurf kinda looks like grass. Is the surface slower than Astroturf? Will it help the Sox?

I wold say that Konerko should retain most of his stolen Base threat. Even if it does slow him down a little, he's got speed to burn.

I assume it is the stuff with tires in it...it has to be slower...astroturf is just concrete.

And so was the Metrodump. It can only help us to slow down the game. Now if they would only paint the ceiling a color you could see something in, or fire the guy manipulating the airconditioning.

Boy, how do I HATE AstroTurf....ley me count the f***ing ways. :headshake :puke

Like tennis, baseball was not meant to be played on concrete. The game looks all wrong and ugly.

And then there's the extra damage to the body. Torii Hunter and Shane Stewart are about to find that about as they turn 30.

And so was the Metrodump.  It can only help us to slow down the game.  Now if they would only paint the ceiling a color you could see something in, or fire the guy manipulating the airconditioning.

I've always thought they should use brightly colored baseballs in the metrodome. A fluorescent color, maybe a bright yellow or orange, would work best. Hell, throw the whole fluorescent rainbow in there and have it be purple, pink, green, and blue in there too.

It's a little less work to do that then to paint the ceiling.

Either that, or they can tear down the dome and just build an actual stadium so that way they are actually playing home games outside.

I've always thought they should use brightly colored baseballs in the metrodome.  A fluorescent color, maybe a bright yellow or orange, would work best.  Hell, throw the whole fluorescent rainbow in there and have it be purple, pink, green, and blue in there too.

It's a little less work to do that then to paint the ceiling.

Either that, or they can tear down the dome and just build an actual stadium so that way they are actually playing home games outside.

Break out Charley O. Finley's flourescent orange baseballs! :headbang