Carl Everett

Reddy

I'd rather have Rowand in CF because he actually has range.

Injuries are not something you can control or know will happen. If, in February, the Cubs prosposed a deal of Mark Prior for Jon Garland, would you do it? I know I would. Then again, I didn't know Prior would be out a month or two and that Garland would atleast put up solid numbers and would stay healthy.

He's on the DL for 3-4 weeks

here's the link

That injury could be far more serious than they're reporting:

Expos placed outfielder Carl Everett on the 15-day disabled list with a torn labrum.

The Expos think Everett can rehab the injury and make it back in three or four weeks, but season-ending surgery can't be ruled out. You should be on the lookout for a long-term replacement.

Wasn't this what sidelined Parque for 2001?

All the people in here saying Rowand is better than Everitt, give your heads a shake. :rolleyes:

then what? :huh :cheers

Aaron is the future and Carl is on the dl and on the downside.

Aaron's wife is hot (albeit a b****).

Aaron's mother is great.

Aaron wins/ :headbang :headbang

All the people in here saying Rowand is better than Everitt, give your heads a shake. :rolleyes:

Agreed. He wasn't the worst CF defensively that I have seen us trot out there. Plus there is that little fact that he is a .300-30-100 threat every year....oh yeah and he can switch hit. I would take Carl personally.

Agreed.  He wasn't the worst CF defensively that I have seen us trot out there.  Plus there is that little fact that he is a .300-30-100 threat every year....oh yeah and he can switch hit.  I would take Carl personally.

if we all agreed there would be no need for a discussion board! :lol:

I absolutely hated the trade last July. Giving up Josh Rupe and Anthony Webster was way too much. The Rangers could have had Pacheco, too. But still, Carl swung a decent bat, but Rowand was just starting to hit himself -- the trade was so unnecessary. I would take Rowand in a heartbeat today, even without this injury.

Agreed.  He wasn't the worst CF defensively that I have seen us trot out there.  Plus there is that little fact that he is a .300-30-100 threat every year....oh yeah and he can switch hit.  I would take Carl personally.

Um...Carl Everett has had exactly ONE 30 HR season in his career. So to say he is a 30 HR threat is like saying Konerko is a threat t olead the team in SBs, because he did at one time this year.

It was a great thing to have Everett in our lineup last year, but it was not a great thing to have Everett penciled in at CF for defensive purposes.

Um...Carl Everett has had exactly ONE 30 HR season in his career. So to say he is a 30 HR threat is like saying Konerko is a threat t olead the team in SBs, because he did at one time this year.

It was a great thing to have Everett in our lineup last year, but it was not a great thing to have Everett penciled in at CF for defensive purposes.

I get what you are trying to say, but I don't think that analogy works. To lead the league in steals, you have to steal 50 bases atleast, and in the NL, you would have to have stolen about 70 last year to have beaten Pierre in Florida. Konerko has 4 career stolen bases in over 7 years, which means that at this pace, if he continues to play for about 85 years straight, we will be celebrating Paul Konerko's 50th stolen base.

Now, comparing Everett hitting 30 homers each year to Konerko hitting 30 homers each year is an excellent comparison. Both have broken the 30 homer barrier exactly once in their careers(Konerko in 2001 with 31 homers, Everett in 2000 with 34 homers), and both have finished 3 away or fewer from 30 one other time in their careers as well(Everett hit 28 last year with Texas and us, and Konerko hit 27 in 2002).

They could hit .300 30 100 .900 each and every year, but .280 25 85 .825 is more reasonable.

Carl Everett hit reasonably well for us and had a good attitude. Unfortunately, he couldn't spread that to the rest of the team. That comment he made to Menkowhatdaf*** of the Twins was entirely justified, imho. However, he was such a defensive liability in CF. He really didn't fit our club because of the fact we couldn't play him in LF or DH. With the way Rowand was coming around, I am inclined to agree that this was a very unneccesary trade.

The other factor is the $3.5 million that Everett is making vs the $350,000 that ARow is making.  That is an expensive decimal point.

It would have cost a lot more than $3.5 million to keep Everett here. In order to keep him the Sox had to offer him arbitration. I would think an arbitrator would have given him a raise on his $9+ million salary last year, especially since he made the All Star team. If the Sox didn't offer arbitration to him they couldn't negotiate with him until May 1, 2004.

So would it have been worth it to have Everett in CF for around $10+ millon per year? Could you imagine the b****ing right now if $10 million was being wasted on a guy sitting on the DL? Could you imagine the booing if he continued to blow routine plays in CF making that money?