My son's TeeBall team...the WHITE SOX!!

RibbieRubarb

My final year of little league, we were the White Sox, but our colors were black and YELLOW. As a team, we went and bought cheap White Sox hats and colored the SOX logo yellow and wore them during the games. Fun stuff.

That brings back great memories. In little league, I was the White Sox one year. I have a trophy that says "1998 White Sox MVP" and another one that says "Most Strikeouts 54/Season" I was a stud pitcher that year and struck out 54 of the possible 60 outs I pitched. :) I also had the best coach ever that season...What great memories.

Scary coincidence and this is a true fact. My first team I played for when I was little was the White Sox! We went to the WS against the Dodgers but lost.. but I know were a better team. (Then the yankees which I won a WS with but that's another story..LoL) My Little brother's team right now is the White Sox (1st team was Royals [he went to WS against the yankees but lost], then White Sox, then D-backs then Red Sox)

I played for The White Sox in the Mt Greenwood Babe Ruth

League during the preseason, then I got traded.

I heard it was the first trade in league history.

Some coach wanted his son on his team. I got traded

to the Pirates in some 2-for-2 deal and we sucked.

Our skipper stole the candy money and we ended up with

a new coach, too.

I played for The White Sox in the Mt Greenwood Babe Ruth

League during the preseason, then I got traded.

I heard it was the first trade in league history.

Some coach wanted his son on his team. I got traded

to the Pirates in some 2-for-2 deal and we sucked.

Our skipper stole the candy money and we ended up with

a new coach, too.

Lol, they trade people in Babe Ruth? I haven't even heard of trades in our leagues. That would be kinda cool though to get traded. :lol:

I was on a Babe Ruth team known simply as the Sox in 71 and 72. We won the league title in 72. In 75, as a 17 year old, I was the manager of the same team. The team was picked to finish last, but we made it to the Championship Series before losing 2 games to 1.

Funny thing..

I NEVER played teeball or little league when I was a kid. You see, when my older brother played little league at 7 years old, I was 4. He got plunked in the head with a pitch...twice in a game. Luckily our family is blessed with hard skulls. But the result is my mother, who feared us walking into another room without her, decided I will not play any organized baseball as a youth. Which was kind of sad...I loved baseball, even at 4. My brother had no interest...still doesn't.

Turnabout is fairplay!

My son LOVES baseball, so he will get to play. My mom is going nuts.

:lol:

We were the sox my last year of Little League. Went 16-0 and won the championship. Now that I have moved on and am playing high school ball the Chisox have won it 4 times in a row. I led my team that year only giving up one run all year and averaging 12 K's a game.