New No. 5 spot

The Beast

Who will be our new No. 5 starter???  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our new No. 5 starter???

• Cotts
    • Adkins
    • other
    • Diaz
    • Rauch

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really like to keep the pen how it is now. It is working and only getting better. As far as a 5th starter one isn't needed for about another month. when that time comes, if Diaz is still putting up the numbers, he needs a shot. Who knows. It can't get any worse the Wright. I don't want to see Cotts get out there and not perform and lose confidence. He will be a solid starter some day but not right now. He is gaining more and more confidence.

I'm gonna have to go with Cotts on this one.  Cotts has been displaying outstanding poise out on the mound this year and has the "I WILL get this guy out" mentality instead of the "we'll see If I get this guy out" kind of mentality, which is evident in his pitching.  He's clearly comfortable out there.  Bring Wunsch up to the pen when he's ready and allow Cotts the chance.

Not to mention the hot Cotts thing. :D

Rauch with 5 walks and no runs scored.  Damn that looks like DuBose's line. :bang

It would be the most walks he's given up this season so far I think, he's been pretty good on the K/BB ratio but his ERA needs a little improvin.

5/7 PITCHNG LINES

I want to see Stewart back up here. The kid showed potential before his hand injury. Although others see differently, scouts at the baseball games have recently said that they have been scouting him over Diaz because he is a good gamble. Bring Diaz up as well.