Sox post game show

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Gload or Ventura? That's your choice right there.

Personally, I take Ventura. And if we see that move, I could see how it would clear space for Jeremy Reed to come up. With Gload right now, we have 5 OFers on the roster(including Gload)...Perez, Rowand, Gload, Lee, and Maggs. Take out Gload, add Ventura, and you have a good LH power hitter, a solid backup to a few positions, and you have room to call up Reed(obviously a send down would be necessary). Put him in CF or trade Lee and put Reed in CF and figure out CF later(maybe have Jose-SS, Uribe-2B, Harris-CF, Reed-LF, something like that).

I'd do it. But if Barry-Berry happens, ugh...

The guys on the Sox post game show are talking about getting back Ventura to back up at 1st and 3rd.

Your thoughts?

Ventura was one of my favorites...........

BUT NO THANKS!!! :headbang

We tried bringing back our aging veterans before (Baines) and it didn't work. I liked Harold, but his last stint here sucked big time. I don't think the upside to Ventura taking a roster space is big enough to mess things up now. However, if a trade of some sort were to happen (I think Lee may be traded before the year is up), then who knows what could happen........

:lol:

What's funny is that I thought this was a joke and everyone is taking it seriously. :lolhitting I thought Ventura was retired. Robin is done, besides Crede is the next coming of Ventura. No room for 2 of em.

Robin is with the Dodgers. I wish him the best and was a hell of a player for the Sox but he's toast.

Robin may not be the player he once was, but he's a good solid veteran LH bat that can play effectively defensively at two positions. Ventura would be a part time player, fill in and pinch hitter and I think he could add something to this team in that capacity.

I don't have any problem with Ross Gload, but I would rather have Ventura on my bench and be available to hit in a clutch situation than Gload.

Does anyone remember the stats that Ventura put up one month when he was player of the month. I think he had like 15 homeruns, batted .500 and capped the month with a homerun which may have been a walk off.

I really enjoyed watching him play, but I only want him back to join Ozzies coaching staff.

Guest JimH
I was thinking the same thing.

Leadership aside, which I agree with, the point is bringing back a guy who's clearly on the downside talent-wise.

That's why the Pippen analogy works for me.

Nostalgia is great, but results are better.

Gload is doing fine and should get better.

The criteria is, would Ventura's leadership skills and baseball skills at this point outweigh what Gload can give you?

The big difference to me is that Gload can spell Lee and Ordonez. Rowand is still a huge question mark, and Perez may have to play more often.

It's a tough call. I'm not minimizing what Ventura can do and has done, but I like the flexibility Gload gives us. Additionally, I like Gload's swing and I feel with more consistent at bats, he will get even better results. Just my .02