Odd thing about this years all-star game

Fall Out Boy

So it looks like Clemens will be starting in Houston this July. Guess who will be catching. Yep thats it, Mike Piazza! Although he is playing 1st base this season with the mets, I believe he is on the ballot as a catcher. Anyone else find this kinda cool?

So it looks like Clemens will be starting in Houston this July. Guess who will be catching. Yep thats it, Mike Piazza! Although he is playing 1st base this season with the mets, I believe he is on the ballot as a catcher. Anyone else find this kinda cool?

There's a long way to go before the All-star game and at this point, I would call Randy Johnson more deserving of getting the start (perfect game, better ERA). Only thing he's really lacking in is wins (5) and that is because his team isn't very good.

Yeah, Piazza isn't catching...the manager moved him to first base...

Come on, the All-Star game is in Houston.

Unless Rocket falls apart, if he even has close stats to Johnson they are going to start Rocket.

Johnson may be better, but the All-Star game isnt about whos best, its about making money.

And Rocket starting will be the dream scenario for every sports writer who has never gotten the chance to write about the flame thrower from Texas, who has finally come home.

Its to far away to predict, but Rocket will get the benefit of the doubt.

SB

Guest M Dub 20000
Have teams been beaning Clemens thus far?  Remember all that talk about revenge?  I haven't heard anything.

Maybe Piazza and Clemens will become friends, sort of like Alomar and that umpire.  Things just work out like that sometimes.

Ha, good one :D

Why is this still here?

It has absolutely nothing to do with the Sox at all!

It's even in the wrong league...'

Ohh well... :stupid

Yeah, Piazza isn't catching...the manager moved him to first base...

But he's a catcher on the Ballot and that's what counts and if the fans vote him in as a catcher he has to catch. :bang