What does Sox Pride mean to you?

greasywheels121

What does Sox Pride mean to you?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What does Sox Pride mean to you?

• Wearing your White Sox gear
    • Knowing everything about the Sox
    • Rooting for the White Sox, win or lose
    • Attending games and following the Sox on TV, radio, whitesox.com, soxtalk.com
    • Defending the Sox to other fans

I guess we are looking at the minimum for Sox pride. I think it is somewhere above wearing a Sox hat. During the black and silver gangsta days, Raiders and Sox gear were cool for the look, not the team.

I guess we are looking at the minimum for Sox pride. I think it is somewhere above wearing a Sox hat. During the black and silver gangsta days, Raiders and Sox gear were cool for the look, not the team.

I have two sox hats. I don't own another single piece of White Sox Related clothing.

Ā 

I don't think that makes me any less of a sox fan. I'm just not a walking adverstisement.

Ā 

I have tons of "Sox Pride".

Same here w/ the apparel....I only have a few shirts, but whenever I'm out w/ one on....I find myself always defending the Sox in Cub Country. It's kind of fun though, it seems like I can always out wit them. The best was sporting the Chisox hoody the day after the Cubs lost that Bartman game.... :lol:

I think for me its wearing my gear, to school, or out on the weekends. I live in Wheaton, which if very yuppie, which leads to Cubs fans. I would say 90% of my school is Cubs, and CWSOX45 can vouch for that. I defend my Sox all the time, but it helps when there in 1st.....

hey same on the south side. their are very little sox fans at south and i end up defending them all the time

sox pride is leaving everything you have in cali. only with a white sox shirt, and some jeans, spending your last 100 bucks just to ride a bus to chitown, and finding a way to see a sox game... sleeping in the park, and doing it again tomarrow

Ā 

Ā 

thats sox pride

If you're a true Sox fan.Ā  Get your ass to the park.Ā  That's the way I look at it.

What about

Ā 

DBAHO

Texsox

FlasoxJim

JoshPR

and many others

Ā 

they all live out of the country so they cant do that.

Ā 

And even i havent been to a game yet this year, partially cus i dont have a job right now and my parents are remodeling so they wont let me borrow money and i have to use my money for gas and other things more important. I, and all of them have White Sox Pride

I would say knowing everything about the sox. Especially considering the fact that some fans out there that consider themselves "whitesox fans" (or any other fan for that matter) are just posers/bandwagon jumpers who dont s*** about who the players are, the coaches, the history etc. I would say that's true sox pride. Just my humble opinion.

I voted for wearing this Sox apperal. But I have Sox pride because I have one sox shirt and a hat. I live up here in Minny and it's hard to find anything with Sox that doesn't say suck on the bottom. Minny's fans are trashing on me and there is nobody except me defending the Sox up here. It's challenging to follow a team when you live in the same place as your rivals. And I still stick with the Sox win or lose.

I would say knowing everything about the sox. Especially considering the fact that some fans out there that consider themselves "whitesox fans" (or any other fan for that matter) are just posers/bandwagon jumpers who dont s*** about who the players are, the coaches, the history etc. I would say that's true sox pride. Just my humble opinion.

like all the new cub "fans"? and Minnesotasoxfan if all goes according to plan ill be up there at U of Minnesota. so ill be there too

Damn, we're getting some bandwagon jumpers!! Encourage them to stay and pack the park. I believe we are in competition with the Cubs for the casual fan. Let's win that one also.

I was born in 1959, (the last year that they won the pennant). My dad and 4 older brothers were all die hard Sox fans and always followed them. I was able to be a part of and learn about them since I was still a fetus!!!! Many great times were spent at Comiskey. Because of all that, I have White Sox ingrained in me since birth. I grew up with The Sox and went to the park and rooted for them no matter what!! That's the inward pride part!! The outward part. I used to do airbrush work, and a few years back I painted A Frank Thomas portrait on a sweatshirt that I proudly wear in showing my support of him at every game I attend. It turns a lot of heads.

I was born in 1959, (the last year that they won the pennant). My dad and 4 older brothers were all die hard Sox fans and always followed them. I was able to be a part of and learn about them since I was still a fetus!!!! Many great times were spent at Comiskey. Because of allĀ  that, I have White Sox ingrained in me since birth. I grew up with The Sox and went to the park and rooted for them no matter what!! That's the inward pride part!! The outward part. I used to do airbrush work, and a few years back I painted A Frank Thomas portrait on a sweatshirt that I proudly wear in showing my support of him at every game I attend. It turns a lot of heads.

:headbang :headbang :headbang

I live out of town so I can't attend games which is probably the biggest part of being a fan, but to me doesn't necessarily indicate pride.

Ā 

I voted for trying to know everything about the Sox. There's nothing more annoying than a "fan" of a team that doesn't know anything about their team. Any real "fan" should be able to name all 25 players on the roster, all the coaches, know key statistics, and understand the game of baseball. That's Sox pride, loving this team to the point where it can dictate your mood, sitting at the game or in front of the tube and dropping hella knowledge on a less knowledgable fan. I guess all kinds of folks can go to games, wear their Sox gear, or be a white sox "fan", but to have pride in your team you have to know your team.

I was born in 1959, (the last year that they won the pennant). My dad and 4 older brothers were all die hard Sox fans and always followed them. I was able to be a part of and learn about them since I was still a fetus!!!! Many great times were spent at Comiskey. Because of allĀ  that, I have White Sox ingrained in me since birth. I grew up with The Sox and went to the park and rooted for them no matter what!! That's the inward pride part!! The outward part. I used to do airbrush work, and a few years back I painted A Frank Thomas portrait on a sweatshirt that I proudly wear in showing my support of him at every game I attend. It turns a lot of heads.

:ph34r: Now that you mention it, I remember seeing that sweatshirt at the park this year.