Classless to Classy

Give me a break!! Blow this up???

Have you watched the Video? His legs slammed the kid into the hard seats in front of him.

I am positive you have NO kids or neices or nephews.

You and that jerk are the ONLY ones thinking that it wasn't anything big...

Taking a deep breath here.....

Last year twice sitting in the front row in LF wen HR balls came towards us I was absolutely squashed by folks behind us. They wanted the ball... and not paying attention just lunged forward. I got showered with beer on numerous occasions just from Carlos tossing me balls (to the point he stopped :angry: ). I don't think this guy intentionally jumped on the kid. But I think he was an ass for not giving the kid the ball.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking a deep breath here.....

Last year twice sitting in the front row in LF wen HR balls came towards us I was absolutely squashed by folks behind us. They wanted the ball... and not paying attention just lunged forward. I got showered with beer on numerous occasions just from Carlos tossing me balls (to the point he stopped  :angry: ). I don't think this guy intentionally jumped on the kid. But I think he was an ass for not giving the kid the ball.

It wasn't the act of slamming the kid into the chair that upsets me.

Accidents happen and the "heat of moment when going after a ball" is accounted for in my opinion.

He was a JERK and an ASS for not apologizing to the kid, giving him the ball, and his actions afterward. Acting proud of his handywork.

He knew a child was in front of him before he jumped, he knew he hit the kid after...but he has NO remorse. That cannot be "Blown up". That is fact.

He was a first class Jerk

He knew a child was in front of him before he jumped, he knew he hit the kid after...but he has NO remorse. That cannot be "Blown up". That is fact.

He was a first class Jerk

Well the big fat ass that fell over his chair onto the little girl next to me last summer knew she was there also... but he still dove for the ball as it came towards us. And bartman knew his team was in game 5 of the playoffs, but he still went for the ball...

I just think to go after it is a natural reaction. :huh

Well the big fat ass that fell over his chair onto the little girl next to me last summer knew she was there also... but he still dove for the ball as it came towards us. And bartman knew his team was in game 5 of the playoffs, but he still went for the ball...

I just think to go after it is a natural reaction.  :huh

I can excuse the behavior if they are sorry afterwards...

I just think to go after it is a natural reaction.  :huh

I agree that going after it is a natural reaction. WHEN IT'S IN THE AIR.

Once it hits the ground, that's a completely different story.

I've gotten 3 balls this year. 2 were BP balls. The other was a Konerko HR. When I caught the Konerko HR, I already had a BP ball that day. I pocketed the Konerko ball, and tossed the BP ball to a little girl who was a couple of rows back. She didn't know the difference. She was happy.

I've spent at least part of every game that I've been to this year in the outfield. There have been about 5 balls hit during the game within "diving distance" of me, yet I remained at my seat every time.

The Idiots move wasn't going after the ball, it was the manner in which he went after the ball. Once the ball was on the ground in the row in front of him, there was no reason for him to leave his seat.

Don't know if anyone posted this anywhere else, but the guy has been "outed".

This is from yahoo:

The man who took the foul ball has not responded publicly to the criticism, but The Dallas Morning News identified him as Matt Starr, a married, 28-year-old landscaper and former youth minister.

Starr is "not the bad guy he's been made out to be," said Rick DuBose, senior pastor of the Sachse Assembly of God Church. "He probably got a little aggressive and did something he regrets. But that's not Matt. He's a good kid, a good young man."

I dunno - sounds like a fake name to me, like a pro wrestler's name or a rock star®'s name....

I don't know, do you think it's possible for a genuinely good guy to do such a rotten thing? I mean, as someone here said, he didn't molest the kid, but I can't imagine someone becoming so deranged by a chance at a foul ball that he would go against every instinct he would normally have towards children and do what he did. Not only that, but even after the adrenaline wore off he still refused to give the kid the ball, even when asked to by a reporter!

Foul balls have strange effects on people I guess.

lol..I don't care what anybody says. This whole thing is a joke. They're tryin to make a celebrity outta this kid now? All the dude did wrong was not give the kid the ball. He didn't "intentionally" try to hurt the kid. He was overly agressive in trying to get what we all hope to get a chance to get when we go to a baseball game. I guess people r gonna start leavin this guy death threats like they did, Bartman. lol..Bunch of oversensitive idiots.