Classless to Classy

I loved the guy broadcasting the game making a dick out of him even more then the guy already did to himself.

yeah, that was awesome when the announcer just kept making the guy sound like a total douche. I hope that guy's girlfriend dumps his ass! (hopfully she already has)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link

FORT WORTH, Texas -- Gary Matthews Jr., lifted a foul ball into the stands at Ameriquest Field in Arlington in the third inning of Sunday's game against the St. Louis Cardinals, but it turned out to be no routine foul ball. A man went tumbling to get the baseball and nearly knocked over a 4-year-old boy named Nicholas. The boy's mother was not happy about it and neither was Texas Rangers broadcaster Tom Grieve.

"Yeah, you got the ball, buddy. Nice going, you took it away from a little kid. Hold it up, you should be real proud of yourself," Grieve said during the televised broadcast. "Go to a sporting goods store and buy a dozen baseballs if you want them that bad."

"You know, there is a jerk in every park, and there is the biggest jerk in this park," Grieve said while the camera was focused on the man.

Little Nicholas proved to come out the winner in the end, as other kids gave him baseballs. Even better, the Cardinals' Reggie Sanders, who was watching the game in the clubhouse, came out and gave the boy a baseball and a bat.

Other fans were chanting for the man to "give [the boy] the ball"... The man kept the ball all to himself and reportedly left the game after the fourth inning.

A man went tumbling to get the baseball and nearly knocked over a 4-year-old boy named Nicholas. The boy's mother was not happy about it and neither was Texas Rangers broadcaster Tom Grieve.

"Yeah, you got the ball, buddy. Nice going, you took it away from a little kid. Hold it up, you should be real proud of yourself," Grieve said during the televised broadcast. "Go to a sporting goods store and buy a dozen baseballs if you want them that bad."

"You know, there is a jerk in every park, and there is the biggest jerk in this park," Grieve said while the camera was focused on the man.

Little Nicholas proved to come out the winner in the end, as other kids gave him baseballs. Even better, the Cardinals' Reggie Sanders, who was watching the game in the clubhouse, came out and gave the boy a baseball and a bat.

Other fans were chanting for the man to "give [the boy] the ball"... The man kept the ball all to himself and reportedly left the game after the fourth inning.

:cheers

A 19-year-old student at Northern Illinois just called up to Boers and Bernstein and said he would 'definitely' go over a 4 year old kid to get a foul ball. He said such things as "I have never got a foul ball and i've been to games for about 5 years" and "I'll climb over 3 rows of seats if i have to to get it"

Boers and Bernstein gave him a chance to take it back, but he kept saying he'd do it for sure...and it didn't sound like he was joking

If I ever got a ball (homerun, foul ball, et al), I would give it to a little kid. Seriously, when I was younger, I would have loved to have gotten a ball. It would have made my day/month/year. There is no way I would ever fight for it or steal it away from a little kid.

If I ever got a ball (homerun, foul ball, et al), I would give it to a little kid. Seriously, when I was younger, I would have loved to have gotten a ball. It would have made my day/month/year. There is no way I would ever fight for it or steal it away from a little kid.

We've caught pucks at some minor league games and inevitably give it to a little kid. There was one time though when a little kid and his mom wasn't paying attention to the action on the ice (about 5-6 rows up from the ice) and the puck shot over the plastic, ricocheted (sp?) off of the kid and then hit Brian who managed to catch it. He had every intention of giving it to the kid but almost changed his mind when the kid's mom started whining, crying and b****ing as soon as it was in his hands (and no, he wasn't running over the kid to get it, he actually leaned in front of me so the ricochet didn't hit me).

We've caught pucks at some minor league games and inevitably give it to a little kid.  There was one time though when a little kid and his mom wasn't paying attention to the action on the ice (about 5-6 rows up from the ice) and the puck shot over the plastic, ricocheted (sp?) off of the kid and then hit Brian who managed to catch it.  He had every intention of giving it to the kid but almost changed his mind when the kid's mom started whining, crying and b****ing as soon as it was in his hands (and no, he wasn't running over the kid to get it, he actually leaned in front of me so the ricochet didn't hit me).

That is a different case. I would have still given it to the child, or a different child. I just hate when parents act that way.

The guy left in the fourth inning? I wonder if the woman who had the misfortune to be sitting next to him who I will not libel by calling her his girlfriend, left also?

I hope his buddies tell him what a jag off he is also.

After the rush was over, he should have known to give the kid the ball.

According to MLB.com, Steve Kline autographed a Cardinals shirt for the douchenozzle with "tough guy" and "ball stealer" on it. Unfortunately the guy didn't get the custom shirt because he left the stadium alone (the girl he was with made him leave alone)

On Fark.com there were some people discussion how the local Texas feed had sent a field reporter over to beg the guy to give the kid the baseball while everyone around him was chanting "give him the ball."

The guy's answer to all the commotion: "I'm not gonna' sit here and be influenced by 40,000 people." If 40,000 people think you're wrong...even if you think you're right...GIVE THE KID THE f***ING BALL.

Bartman goes for a foul ball and within a day his job, phone #, name etc. are all public knowledge. Where is the Bartmanization of this asshole who damn near injured a 4 year old?

According to MLB.com, Steve Kline autographed a Cardinals shirt for the douchenozzle with "tough guy" and "ball stealer" on it.  Unfortunately the guy didn't get the custom shirt because he left the stadium alone (the girl he was with made him leave alone)

On Fark.com there were some people discussion how the local Texas feed had sent a field reporter over to beg the guy to give the kid the baseball while everyone around him was chanting "give him the ball."

The guy's answer to all the commotion: "I'm not gonna' sit here and be influenced by 40,000 people."  If 40,000 people think you're wrong...even if you think you're right...GIVE THE KID THE f***ING BALL.

Bartman goes for a foul ball and within a day his job, phone #, name etc. are all public knowledge.  Where is the Bartmanization of this asshole who damn near injured a 4 year old?

Good question. This guy needs to be outted. Bartman's mistake was innocent, this guy literally stole a foul ball from a 4 year old.

Well, Reggie Sanders is the man...

Thats awesome that he gave that kid a bat and some balls...

Whats the most irritating about that guy is that he showed off the ball by holding it up and cheering on more boos from the crowd.

:fyou Ranger Fan

I've been to a few Ranger's games. Don't judge all Ranger fans by this ass hole. We got the loser Liege and his kid, we know how guilt by association hurts.

When I watched the tape, I didn't see him so much take the ball away as knock the kid out of the way and dive almost in the kid's mom's lap. Asshole's leggs hit the kid and scared the kid half to death.

Somebody has to know who this guy is. Kap, are their any Ranger boards, like this, not MLB who would probably delete the name right away.

Too much was made of this indicent. He didn't "take" the ball away from the kid. He "unintentionally" knocked him outta the way to get the ball. Should he have given the kid the ball? Probably. But, lets not act like this guy is some kinda child abuser or monster. I hate when people take s*** that's not that big and BLOW it up.

Too much was made of this indicent.  He didn't "take" the ball away from the kid.  He "unintentionally" knocked him outta the way to get the ball.  Should he have given the kid the ball?  Probably.  But,  lets not act like this guy is some kinda child abuser or monster. I hate when people take s*** that's not that big and BLOW it up.

Would you have had the same attitude if it was your kid?

Would you have had the same attitude if it was your kid?

This kind of thing doesn't make me angry...it makes me sad.

I think the worse thing this "guy" did was his display after the fact. He KNEW he knocked into the kid, the mother was screaming at him, as were the fans; he did nothing but act proud of himself and prod the crowd more.

That was THE disgusting display.

Where was security? A fan endangering another fan be leaping across seats could be ejected.

Too much was made of this indicent.  He didn't "take" the ball away from the kid.  He "unintentionally" knocked him outta the way to get the ball.  Should he have given the kid the ball?  Probably.  But,  lets not act like this guy is some kinda child abuser or monster. I hate when people take s*** that's not that big and BLOW it up.

Give me a break!! Blow this up???

Have you watched the Video? His legs slammed the kid into the hard seats in front of him.

I am positive you have NO kids or neices or nephews.

You and that jerk are the ONLY ones thinking that it wasn't anything big...