Classless to Classy

This from the AP wire on the Rangers-Cardinals game @ Arlington:

-------------------

St. Louis led 12-0 in the third when a foul ball hit into the stands by Matthews got more attention than anything on the field.

In the ensuing scramble, a husky man jumped over a row of seats and wrestled the ball away from a 4-year-old boy. To no avail, fans started chanting ``Give him the ball! Give him the ball!''

But the boy ended up with much more than one ball. In the next few minutes, both teams sent bats and balls to the boy, including Cardinals outfielderReggie Sanders coming out between innings to do so.

--------------------

First, someone ought to kick that guy's ass for taking a ball away from a kid like that, but...

That's a classy move by both clubs and also, :cheers to Reggie Sanders. That's awesome and what an athlete should do.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This jerk is getting his just reward. He's being portrayed for the scumbag he is on national TV ... And with SportsCenter, it will be shown repeatedly.

Enjoy your baseball and your 15 minutes of fame, douche' bag. :puke :fyou :dips***

A 19-year-old student at Northern Illinois just called up to Boers and Bernstein and said he would 'definitely' go over a 4 year old kid to get a foul ball. He said such things as "I have never got a foul ball and i've been to games for about 5 years" and "I'll climb over 3 rows of seats if i have to to get it"

Boers and Bernstein gave him a chance to take it back, but he kept saying he'd do it for sure...and it didn't sound like he was joking

A 19-year-old student at Northern Illinois just called up to Boers and Bernstein and said he would 'definitely' go over a 4 year old kid to get a foul ball. He said such things as "I have never got a foul ball and i've been to games for about 5 years" and "I'll climb over 3 rows of seats if i have to to get it"

Boers and Bernstein gave him a chance to take it back, but he kept saying he'd do it for sure...and it didn't sound like he was joking

I'd bet this is someone younger than 19, and a poster here. :lol:

:headshake

Now that I see the guys fat ass knocking into the little kid, he's even more of a prick than I thought. What a f***ing moron. The hell with the ball, you could have really hurt the kid. It seemed like the girl next to him was giving him some room in the subsiquent shots.