It appears to be getting hot in the kitchen...

Steff

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm

Poster Posts

quickman 21

Dick Allen 17

FlaSoxxJim 15

Steff 13

BrandoFan 13

Spiff 11

Texsox 11

Mr. Zero 11

mreye 10

Beastly 9

marsh 8

Flash Tizzle 8

tony82087 8

Queen Prawn 6

cwsox 6

CubsSuck1 5

hammerhead johnson 5

aboz56 4

kapkomet 4

MetalliSox 4

Goldmember 4

southsider2k4 4

Stocking 4

The Critic 4

SuperSteve 3

The Cheat 3

Wong & Owens 3

greasywheels121 3

Controlled Chaos 2

DBAH0 2

dasox24 2

baggio202 2

mmmmmbeeer 1

Dan Pasqua's FedEx Driver 1

Be Good 1

Cali 1

YASNY 1

Chisoxfn 1

WHarris1 1

sideshowapu 1

EvilMonkey 1

JimH 1

hmmmm

Poster Posts

quickman 21

Dick Allen 17

FlaSoxxJim 15

Steff 13

BrandoFan 13

Spiff 11

Texsox 11

Mr. Zero 11

mreye 10

Beastly 9

marsh 8

Flash Tizzle 8

tony82087 8

Queen Prawn 6

cwsox 6

CubsSuck1 5

hammerhead johnson 5

aboz56 4

kapkomet 4

MetalliSox 4

Goldmember 4

southsider2k4 4

Stocking 4

The Critic 4

SuperSteve 3

The Cheat 3

Wong & Owens 3

greasywheels121 3

Controlled Chaos 2

DBAH0 2

dasox24 2

baggio202 2

mmmmmbeeer 1

Be Good 1

Cali 1

YASNY 1

Chisoxfn 1

WHarris1 1

sideshowapu 1

EvilMonkey 1

JimH 1

I think I finally have the mystery figured out. :D

hmmmm

Poster Posts

quickman 21

Dick Allen 17

FlaSoxxJim 15

Steff 13

BrandoFan 13

Spiff 11

Texsox 11

Mr. Zero 11

mreye 10

Beastly 9

marsh 8

Flash Tizzle 8

tony82087 8

Queen Prawn 6

cwsox 6

CubsSuck1 5

hammerhead johnson 5

aboz56 4

kapkomet 4

MetalliSox 4

Goldmember 4

southsider2k4 4

Stocking 4

The Critic 4

SuperSteve 3

The Cheat 3

Wong & Owens 3

greasywheels121 3

Controlled Chaos 2

DBAH0 2

dasox24 2

baggio202 2

mmmmmbeeer 1

Be Good 1

Cali 1

YASNY 1

Chisoxfn 1

WHarris1 1

sideshowapu 1

EvilMonkey 1

JimH 1

Hey, you seem to have a lot of time to be counting people's post totals... :D ;) :P :lol:

You people are concentrating on all the wrong things.

Incorrigible L.I.A.R's ego is about to take it up the ass and it will be beautiful. :headbang

Who 'Base ball' is couldn't be more irrelevant as far as 99% of the people, myself included, are concerned. It's all about Stainy Denny.

there are two admins that ae usually anonymous for their own reasons and I am one of them for reasons relating to events of last October with HSC/BMR/clujer/psycho

there are several posters who also are usually anonymous and they have their own reasons

HSC does sometimes come over here anonymously - the admins can all clearly see who all is here, anonymous or not to everyone else -

I have not seen HSC here tonight, that does not mean she was not here at all, just that when I checked, she wasn't - I would suppose she was because of the Steff thing but to my knowledge she was not here tonight

She was here last night. She admitted she read the thread, was making copies and sending them to all sorts of places. Baseball did not back off.

You people are concentrating on all the wrong things.

Incorrigible L.I.A.R's ego is about to take it up the ass and it will be beautiful.  :headbang

Who 'Base ball' is couldn't be more irrelevant as far as 99% of the people, myself included, are concerned. It's all about Stainy Denny.

I agree. I think danpasquasmailman or whatever his name is has a great idea. The White Sox would love to get this guy exposed as the fake he is as much as any party. Why not put a little blurb on the website saying he has nothing to do with the organization? A lot of those people will be crushed. They thought they had someone "in the know". It'll be the equivalent of finding out Santa Claus isn't real. I feel bad for Denny. His only friends in the world have never even met him.

Why not put a little blurb on the website saying he has nothing to do with the organization?

Because that's like treatimg dandruff by decapitation, i.e., overkill. A poster on a public MLB site is not the organization, and doesn't represent the organization, and whoever doesn't get that has reality issues.

Statements to the effect that the White Sox front office is about to declare a national holiday because a couple of online whackos (not really labeling anyone here - we're all in that group as far as the real bricks-and-mortar organization is concerned) decided to take down the King Whacko are greatly exaggerated.

The statements suggesting that one irritating, nasty poster on a message board has turned legions of people away from the White Sox is nuts. From that site maybe, but so what? leave the site, do your baseball talking somewhere else, but if a personality on an electronic message board has the ability to turn someone away from a pro sports franchise, then that "fan" wasn't going to be around for very long anyway.

Honestly, tell me that season ticket holders have dropped their tickets because of a jerk on a website. Instead of, uh, not going to that website!?

Honestly, tell me that a shareholder in ANY company can't simultaneously be an asshole in his personal life (whether N is or not is irrelevant in making the point).

Mr. Quickman:

I've been reading through all of this from kind of a train-wreck perspective - and I do have one question, and it's more or less to fill in a huge missing piece of the puzzle for me.

I don't recall if it was you or "Base Ball" who said this, (if it was Base Ball, then this question is directed there) but the statement was made that the Sox front office is well aware of the existence of the poster in question, has been for some time, reacted emphatically in favor of what you're doing, and, I believe one of you said they were even giving high-fives to each other in the office. 

That's all well and good, but over the past 24 hours we've seen this escalate to "Dark Shadows" proportions.  What I'm wondering is this:

If the front office has been aware of this for some time, and if they truly were concerned that someone posing as an influential member of the Sox organization was driving away paying customers, couldn't they themselves post a message on the Sox board to the effect of:

"Dear White Sox Faithful; the opinions, attitudes and conduct of the poster in question in no way reflect the opinions, views or attitudes of the Chicago White Sox Professional Baseball Club.  All aforesaid opinions are the exclusive creation of the poster himself and any and all claims of inside information or private discussions and decisions enacted by the Chicago White Sox, their staff, their players and the management team should be strongly disregarded."

Would it be beneath them\unethical\unprofessional to make such a statement?  Is there another reason they won't\can't do that?  It just seems to me that if the White Sox front office is that aware and concerned, they'd set the record straight.  I realize, of course, that "setting the record straight" and "White Sox front office" don't always go together, but I'm sincere when I say this is puzzling to me.

I will take time to answer this question. It was not me who said that. Baseball I believe made a simular statement, and I also heard the message, that the Whitesox are aware of Ncorg. They never stated nor did I ever post that they approved of what baseball or I were doing. maybe baseball has that info. Baseball did state that they were giving each other high fives. I did not hear the Whitesox say this on the phone message nor any letter stated. I believe and I only recall that baseball was filled in by a source he knows that they (some Whitesox People) we glad that Corg was getting called out and were giving each other high fives. I did NOT hear this personally. baseball would need to address this.

I have not been back to the big board. I told the mod or whatever he was that I would drop out. What happened to Steff was truly sad for me as I enjoy her comments and her friendship. this turned me off further.

i have monitored this board though. I am in favor of Baseball coming out and answering questions. he told me he would at the right time. I support him and still support the facts that were shown and provided to me. They are indeed true from what I have seen and heard.

i have been called out by members of this board. Some think its irresponsible of me to support baseball actively. Some speculate that I am not mature enough for my age. You are all entitled to your opinions. That is fine. My issue is not with the members of this board nor additional members of the other board.

I have turned from angry to now sad that Steff had to receive such a low blow. I feel somewhat responsible and for that I am truly humbled. I can assure you our initial intentions were justified in our minds. I still feel Corg is a complete jerk and if he was an investor, I would hate putting money in his pockets, despite what I feel for the team.

I will let baseball explain his side when his time comes.

Because that's like treatimg dandruff by decapitation, i.e., overkill.  A poster on a public MLB site is not the organization, and doesn't represent the organization, and whoever doesn't get that has reality issues.

Statements to the effect that the White Sox front office is about to declare a national holiday because a couple of online whackos (not really labeling anyone here - we're all in that group as far as the real bricks-and-mortar organization is concerned) decided to take down the King Whacko are greatly exaggerated.

The statements suggesting that one irritating, nasty poster on a message board has turned legions of people away from the White Sox is nuts.  From that site maybe, but so what? leave the site, do your baseball talking somewhere else, but if a personality on an electronic message board has the ability to turn someone away from a pro sports franchise, then that "fan" wasn't going to be around for very long anyway.

Honestly, tell me that season ticket holders have dropped their tickets because of a jerk on a website.  Instead of, uh, not going to that website!?

Honestly, tell me that a shareholder in ANY company can't simultaneously be an asshole in his personal life (whether N is or not is irrelevant in making the point).

I understand your point, but they could make it an organizational policy not to post on message boards, and put that disclaimer on the site. Therefore, no one would buy stories like Corg's, even if it was quite evident by his posts he couldn't possibly be the person he claimed to be. Unfortunately, there are many on that site who post, who aren't mature enough to understand this. What if some 10 year old new Sox fan starts posting on the Sox website, and being 10 doesn't construct perfect sentences, and might have a different opinion than that nut? Corg rails into him, he cries, shows his parents, tells them Corg is a shareholder etc. Parents call the media, God, what if Corg happened to be what he said he was, and the history of his posts landed on Marriotti's lap? The organization told baseball they have had numerous complaints about him. Obviously, there has to be some sort of magic number before they do something.

Your point about leaving that site is well taken. I myself rarely look at it, but am fascinated by this "outing" of a real jerk. But why should people have to leave because of one jerk? Corg should be banished at every message board he is a member, and HSC, for what she did to Steff, should be sent to her room as well.

Even if Corg's BS turns only one fan away, it is one too many. I, for one, can't wait for baseball to start dropping some more bombs. You're absolutely right, the solution suggested is a little much, but, in this case, I think it may be warranted.

I just saw that I only had 1 post on here. Now i have 2! Also, someone please give up the name? I have been reading this piecemeal as things get posted, and I don't want to reread all these pages again to figure it out. Please help a lazy, EvilMonkey!

I understand your point, but they could make it an organizational policy not to post on message boards, and put that disclaimer on the site. Therefore, no one would buy stories like Corg's, even if it was quite evident by his posts he couldn't possibly be the person he claimed to be. Unfortunately, there are many on that site who post, who aren't mature enough to understand this.  What if some 10 year old new Sox fan starts posting on the Sox website, and being 10 doesn't construct perfect sentences, and might have a different opinion than that nut? Corg rails into him, he cries, shows his parents, tells them Corg is a shareholder etc. Parents call the media, God, what if Corg happened to be what he said he was, and the history of his posts landed on Marriotti's lap? The organization told baseball they have had numerous complaints about him. Obviously, there has to be some sort of magic number before they do something.

Your point about leaving that site is well taken. I myself rarely look at it, but am fascinated by this "outing" of a real jerk. But why should people have to leave because of one jerk? Corg should be banished at every message board he is a member, and HSC, for what she did to Steff, should be sent to her room as well.

Even if Corg's BS turns only one fan away, it is one too many. I, for one, can't wait for baseball to start dropping some more bombs. You're absolutely right, the solution suggested is a little much, but, in this case, I think it may be warranted.

Dick,

The real problem is anyone can cahnge there email and handle. i can even gt my ip address changed. I can take my laptop and log on via my company and my IP will change. I cna come back and my cable modem can provide me another ip address. You really can't stop folks from posting if they are smart enough to get around it. This guy is a chameleon, he changes colrs, handles and profiles, like I change shirts.

On the concept I am in complete agreement with you. I jsut don't know how you cna stop them in a public forum other than pull threads.

I just saw that I only had 1 post on here.  Now i have 2!  Also, someone please give up the name?  I have been reading this piecemeal as things get posted, and I don't want to reread all these pages again to figure it out.  Please help a lazy, EvilMonkey!

its way too much fun this way. I do think others have figured this out.

I've been a season-ticket holder for 12 years.

Nothing, not even the signing of Albert Belle, has or will turn me away from my White Sox, unless they stop tying to win. Ambivalence is the only unforgivable sin in my book.

So I agree with my distinguished colleague Flasoxxjim that no postings af any kind on a message board should drive away the true fan, regardless of whether they're posted by Ozzie Guillen, Stephanie the beer vendor or Poppy Hildago.

My course of action, however, has always been to not become involved in these "Dark Shadows" re-runs. I have my special circle of comrades on the board; the people involved in this have theirs; never the twain shall meet, and I've honestly had no problems with any of the people involved, none at all. My group keeps it harmless, shooing away pesky trolls, debating about who is the hottest teen star, going back and forth about the best Chicago pizza and hot dogs, that kind of thing.

The bottom line is, this will only bother you as much as you let it. If the board was a bar, they'd be at their table railing back and forth at each other, we'd be out in the beer garden pitching horseshoes and debating Hillary Duff vs. Amanda Bynes. We all agree on Queen Rania of Jordan. If the fight spills out and spills my beer, then there's an issue. So far that hasn't happened to me, but I'm kind of shocked to see all the people who have been dragged into it.

My original question still stands, and the reason I asked it is because my impression is that the Sox front office has to have a genuine concern about the poster in question. If I thought the Sox front office was aware of me and my silly little messages, I'd die of shock. So when I hear that they are monitoring the actions of another board member very closely, it causes me to wonder why they don't post their own message setting the record straight. That's still the part that puzzles me. If it's "beneath" them, I understand it, but if they're truly that concerned about the image of the franchise being tainted through misrepresentation, they should set the record straight.

By the way, the Sox are in first place at the All-Star break.

Double by the way, that entire conversation on the Sox board is gone now.

Triple by the way, this is Queen Rania of Jordan:

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Why are we continuously talking about this? I know were looking for who baseball is, and quoting ourselves, but I don't understand why this is brought up all the time. Why aren't we talking white sox baseball?

Why are we continuously talking about this? I know were looking for who baseball is, and quoting ourselves, but I don't understand why this is brought up all the time. Why aren't we talking white sox baseball?

In Sex, Lies, and Politics? I think not!

There's a forum for everything, Beastly.

Because this is Sex, Lies and Politics, and we can talk about Showering, or our Morning routines if we want to.