Rick Ballou Show says

WSoxShuf

Hmmm......I can't find them on the minor league affiliates websites but they are listed on the teams top 50 prospects on futuresox.com. :huh:  :huh

That was on last years list, we still haven't released this years, but neither are in the organization anymore.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to help your point here...

Probably the best catcher in the game, Ivan Rodriguez, is represented by Scott Boras.  The Marlins won the World Series last year with Ivan Rodriguez as their starting catcher.  What's even more impressive then that is that they also took on a ton of Mike Hampton's salary(IIRC, around $10 mill of it).  This means they had $20 mill committed to their catcher and a pitcher on a division rival.

And this year in Detroit, he's only hitting .370 and is a major reason they are only 5.5 games out of first place.

you mean the marlins won last yr????

There is no chance of Beltran signing with us after this season.

None.

If we give up 3 more good prospects for Beltran, our future

will be horrid.

I want a World Series, too, but giving up 3-4 more GOOD

prospects would be suicidal for our franchise.

Maybe JR is selling after this season and doesn't care.

Nothing is carved in stone.  Shingo and Crede are represented by Boras.  I know there are extenuating circumstances involved with each, but they did "negotiate" with Boras to sign Shingo. 

Things have a way of changing.

serious Yas, is this right? I didn't think this was the case. I will be honest I did not think Crede signed with boras.

Nothing is carved in stone.  Shingo and Crede are represented by Boras.  I know there are extenuating circumstances involved with each, but they did "negotiate" with Boras to sign Shingo. 

Things have a way of changing.

Shingo's agent is Joe Urban

I will look for crede's I don't think its boras.

OK.

Is Rick some sort of baseball insider or is he just talking out of his ass? I'm sure the Sox are interested in Beltran, but for him to say he'll end up here would require some sort of information.

No clue. Never heard of the show.

I just typed in "Rick Ballou" into the Yahoo search engine and that was the first thing that popped up.

OK.

Is Rick some sort of baseball insider or is he just talking out of his ass? I'm sure the Sox are interested in Beltran, but for him to say he'll end up here would require some sort of information.

he is a radio tlak show host for sporting news radio that is all

There is no chance of Beltran signing with us after this season.

None.

If we give up 3 more good prospects for Beltran, our future

will be horrid.

I want a World Series, too, but giving up 3-4 more GOOD

prospects would be suicidal for our franchise.

Maybe JR is selling after this season and doesn't care.

the point of all this trade talk about our prospect is the upper level prospects, which imho may not be seen in the sox uni in the next yr or so, so why not trade them to bring us players who can help now.

like this our lower level prospects can develop into something in the next 3 or 4 yrs. where we can again reap the rewards.

We haven't been to a world series in over 50 years. Who cares about our future? You sound like cub and bears fan's...always next year. Our "year" is now. Who knows when we will have an opportunity like this. I'd trade away the next 10 years for 1 trip to the big show. If we can somehow land the big unit and/or Beltran we will be a much better team and much closer to getting into the world series.

We haven't been to a world series in over 50 years.  Who cares about our future?  You sound like cub and bears fan's...always next year.  Our "year" is now.  Who knows when we will have an opportunity like this.  I'd trade away the next 10 years for 1 trip to the big show.  If we can somehow land the big unit and/or Beltran we will be a much better team and much closer to getting into the world series.

who are you talking about????

WHY WOULD HOUSTON TRADE BELTRAN RIGHT AFTER THEY AQUIRED HIM??? Beltran aint goin no where....nomar will probably be a cub, and i hope the unit stays a diamond back, we need a reliever and left handed batting catcher and possibly a starter better the scho....that starter seems a better idea cause you could kil 2 birds with one stone when you put sho in the pen.....i think he would do a lot better out of there

Look at Cliff Flyod to the Expos, then Red Sox a few years ago.

I can't believe you'd want to give up 3 more good prospects

for a guy in Beltran who would be here the rest of the season only.

I mean f***, he's not helped Houston in the standings

AT ALL. Why's he going to guarantee us a title?

And he would take away 3 top prospects.

serious Yas, is this right? I didn't think this was the case. I will be honest I did not think Crede signed with boras.

As I said earlier in this thread, I had only heard Boras was thier agent on this board and certainly was not sure about the accuracy of that statement. When I offer a disclaimer like that, I don't think I should be called out for being wrong.

As I said earlier in this thread, I had only heard Boras was thier agent on this board and certainly was not sure about the accuracy of that statement. When I offer a disclaimer like that, I don't think I should be called out for being wrong.

(Nothing is carved in stone. Shingo and Crede are represented by Boras. I know there are extenuating circumstances involved with each, but they did "negotiate" with Boras to sign Shingo. Things have a way of changing. )

This is what you said and this is what I responded too. I think in this thread you said they did negotitate with Boras. If your covereing yourself with the statement Nothing carved in stone, then consider yourself covered but Shingo did not sign wiht boras.

As I know right now we do not have a client that signed with boras.

(Nothing is carved in stone. Shingo and Crede are represented by Boras. I know there are extenuating circumstances involved with each, but they did "negotiate" with Boras to sign Shingo. Things have a way of changing. )

This is what you said and this is what I responded too. I think in this thread you said they did negotitate with Boras. If your covereing yourself with the statement Nothing carved in stone, then consider yourself covered but Shingo did not sign wiht boras.

As I know right now we do not have a client that signed with boras.

Exactly 5 posts after the one you quoted, I said this:

I picked up that info from reading this board. I certainly wouldn't bet my life on the accuracy of it. 

I'd call that an adequate disclaimer.

Exactly 5 posts after the one you quoted, I said this:

I'd call that an adequate disclaimer.

fine no problem, although I posted my response before your second one hit. I never saw your second one before I posted the first. So consider yourself off the hook, even though none of what you originally said even came close to being the truth.

We do not have a client that I know of that is a boras client. JR won't allow it, and Boras won't allow it, unless the player is already under contract.

We won't even draft one.

fine no problem, although I posted my response before your second one hit. I never saw your second one before I posted the first. So consider yourself off the hook, even though none of what you originally said even came close to being the truth.

We do not have a client that I know of that is a boras client. JR won't allow it, and Boras won't allow it, unless the player is already under contract.

We won't even draft one.

You are correct. My original statement was wrong. I don't keep up with who represents who as far as agents are concerned, but I had seen those two players mentioned on this board as being Boras clients.

you -> :stick

How' that? :lol: