Randy Johnson

southsideirish

are you saying that we haver better prospect than the sCrubs........... i like your loyalty, but you are way wrong on that.

I agree, the cubs have ridiculously good prospects. At least when they bring someone up they are half way decent.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are you saying that we haver better prospect than the sCrubs........... i like your loyalty, but you are way wrong on that.

nope! I said of the teams outside of the Cubs who shouldn't be interested in RJ, we have the best prospects to offer (when you consider the Mets won't trade Wright no matter what).

He's not saying that at all. He's saying the Cubs should not even be considered as a potential trading partner with Arizona for RJ, due to the fact that they have 3 pitchers with an ERA under 3.00(Wood, Clement, and Zambrano), along with Prior(4.00), Maddux(4.51), and Rusch(4.06).

That was the proposed deal, but KW didn't want 2 regulars to leave so that's when a top prospect (Reed) entered the picture.

Correct. Wite, I wasn't talking about neal as a regular, I just meant I don't think kenny wants to trade another regular in the lineup. But then again kenny is about as unpredictable as they come so that wouldn't surprise me.

With the Angels taking a pass, the White Sox would seem to have as good a chance as any team to land Johnson. The 2 big questions are: Would Johnson agree to come here? and is JR willing to pick up the contract?

I would think that if the Sox did get him, they could trade him in the off season if things didn't pan out. If the Sox won the World Series the payroll would skyrocket and JR would gleefully pay it. If the team fizzled, then they could trade him to the Yankees, and get back a couple of prospects, and maybe a guy like Contreras.

I agree, the cubs have ridiculously good prospects. At least when they bring someone up they are half way decent.

They do. But the thing is, Hendry is too babyish about his prospects. (He's pretty much in love with them which I'm trying to say. ;)) They've got some studs down there, but most who could have been tradeable because of alot of em, he didn't want to give up. Right now Guzman's been injured again (their best prospect) Blasko's having a not so good year, and I'm not sure how Sisco is doing or Brownlie. He could have had Vazquez last year if he would have given them Guzman (with others) but declined (and what happens.. he get's injured and has surgery) Which is why their number will always be 1908 (besides curses and such.) Imagine what KW would do with us if he had that payroll? My god.. :o

I think the cubs have are one of the more overhyped farm systems in baseballs. Some of their really highly rated players are really backpedaling right now.

The Sox system isn't super strong at the top, but it has a lot of highly talented players in the lower level that are moving up. However, they still have a few guys at the upper levels that are very attractive to other teams.

By the way, I think Rauch is going to be traded by the break. Call it a hunch, but it doesn't sound like the Sox pitching coaches like the way he throws (not Coop).

The Cubs do have great prospects, but they are at lower levels, and won't be able to contribute much for a couple of years. Arizona is looking for players that can help them win next year.

i tried to find the post and couldn't, it even might been in another thread so i will recap somewhat.

someone mention that after this yr we will have

johnson

buerle

freddy

jon

with a opening left. or something like that

here is my thought, with the success of this yr, the fa available at some key position, we can easily fill the 5 spot with brad radke(sp), eric milton or someone else.

we can build with success and fill in the necessary position real easy.

all it is going to take a little sacrifice on out part now.

make the damn trade and bring in rj for starters.

Well first off, to even think about that rotation the Sox would and are going to have to go really deep. I think with those 4, the Sox probably wouldn't tie up more money in pitching, at least starting wise.

However, it is obvious if KW doesn't resign Maggs, that he is going to be putting the money they had set aside for him to some pitchers.

from chisoxfn:

Well first off, to even think about that rotation the Sox would and are going to have to go really deep. I think with those 4, the Sox probably wouldn't tie up more money in pitching, at least starting wise.

However, it is obvious if KW doesn't resign Maggs, that he is going to be putting the money they had set aside for him to some pitchers.

yeah and as i said in the second post of this thread, jr said that he was waiting to see some loyalty shown by the fans to the sox org by coming out to see the team.

well they have, the best since 94. now jerry, here is your chance.

btw all, if some of the old timer remembers, i have ALWAYS been a jr supporter and backer. i have voice that many times, sooooo jr, do the right thing.

That was the proposed deal, but KW didn't want 2 regulars to leave so that's when a top prospect (Reed) entered the picture.

IIRC, Crede and Olivo for Garcia was going to be the trade, so long as KW was given 72 hours to reach an agreement with Garcia. And then, as you said, Reed and Morse entered the picture.

Maybe I just said exactly what you just said. :D

Either way, I see no reason KW would have a hard time parting with Crede. If he was willing to part with him for Garcia, who is a very good pitcher, but is in no way shape or form Randy Johnson, I think he would give him up for THE Randy Johnson.

If the Angels truly have passed at the idea of getting RJ, I think he ends up in Chicago or he remains in Arizona, and that's all he does. Apparently, the Cubs do not have the MLB ready prospects the DBacks want, neither the Sawks nor the Yanks do, and I don't see the Rangers or Braves stepping up and paying the price. If all of what I just said is true, IMO, we are the frontrunners for RJ. This RJ to Boston or New York is just smoke and mirrors.

Either way, I see no reason KW would have a hard time parting with Crede.

Ditto. Schur is just raking the ball so far in the minors and it he keeps this up he'll move up. And of course, our system is excited about Josh Fields (hopefully he can start hitting consitantly and move up quickly). We can always add Hillenbrand as a replacement in that proposed deal someone mentioned earlier (or someone else if some people on this board arent Hillenbrand fans.. :lol:)

Ditto. Schur is just raking the ball so far in the minors and it he keeps this up he'll move up. And of course, our system is excited about Josh Fields (hopefully he can start hitting consitantly and move up quickly). We can always add Hillenbrand as a replacement in that proposed deal someone mentioned earlier (or someone else if some people on this board arent Hillenbrand fans.. :lol:)

If hillenbrand is added in the deal, I'd have no problem parting with Joe and I'm sure kenny wouldn't either. I'm not sure what hillenbrands contract status is but he'd be a nice pickup if joe needed to be included.

If hillenbrand is added in the deal, I'd have no problem parting with Joe and I'm sure kenny wouldn't either.  I'm not sure what hillenbrands contract status is but he'd be a nice pickup if joe needed to be included.

Hillenbbrand is making is making 2.6 million this year.

Hillenbbrand is making is making 2.6 million this year.

Thanks, do you know how long he's signed for? Knightni there is no way Jose should be moved from short stop, he's been to good there and when he moves around he commits a ton of errors.

I'd take Shea. I just wonder how much more we'd have to give up to get Shea..I imagine it would not be that much.

I'd be fine with getting Shea too. Make the trade Crede, Cotts, Diaz, Sweeney, and Rauch, and perhaps we can get RJ, Shea, and Robbie? Or maybe they would just give him to us as a part of the trade, and we only have to include one of Diaz and Rauch.

If hillenbrand is added in the deal, I'd have no problem parting with Joe and I'm sure kenny wouldn't either.

I will put this up...

Hillenbrand AGE (28) [will be 29 in 2 weeks] AVG (.312) HR (8) RBI (42) OBP (.355) SLG (.468)

Crede AGE (26) AVG (.241) HR (12) RBI (39) OBP (.297) SLG (.432)

I would say he's adaquate.

He won't be a future type 3rd baseman eigher. Just a solid guy with us until one of Fields/Schur/De Los Santos (a guy me and dasox24 like) develops.

Thanks, do you know how long he's signed for?  Knightni there is no way Jose should be moved from short stop, he's been to good there and when he moves around he commits a ton of errors.

Pretty sure that it is his last year of his contract, not positive though.

Here is a good site for players salaries.

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/sa...ar=2004&team=25

Also, http://www.bluemanc.demon.co.uk/baseball/mlb/mlbcona.htm

If he's a FA or something then I could see them letting him go.  This would be a great deal if the Sox got Johnson and Hilly for Crede, Diaz/Rauch, Borchard, and Cotts.

That would be unbelievable. Jas, go call kenny and tell him to do this trade pronto. :D