Randy Johnson

southsideirish

Cerb(or anyone here)...what is Arizona's biggest need?

I ask because I am currently wondering if a 3rd party could maybe get involved...perhaps bring Milwaukee or some other team looking for a good 3Bman and has something Arizona would need.  Maybe Seattle could get involved.

Anyone else think of something like that?

Give 'em Crede, he sucks!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not count out the Yanks? Who can they give the Diamondbacks? Just money alone will not get it done.

You can count out the bosox and yanks. If the angels won't even offer for him, it's the white sox or nobody, I guess the rangers could be a sleeper though.

Talked about it on MJ&H today, and I agree with them.

I dont care what kind of prosepcts the Yankes do or dont have, Geroge will find a way to get something done IF HE REALLY WANTS TO GET IT DONE. If RJ was to go to NY, it would be in a 3-way, were the Yanks send someone Contreas/Liber, who knows who else, for SOMEONE ELSES prosecpts, then send them to AZ.

George CAN get it done.

Really is that why Freddie Garcia is ptching for the Yankees right now?

Talked about it on MJ&H today, and I agree with them.

I dont care what kind of prosepcts the Yankes do or dont have, Geroge will find a way to get something done IF HE REALLY WANTS TO GET IT DONE. If RJ was to go to NY, it would be in a 3-way, were the Yanks send someone Contreas/Liber, who knows who else, for SOMEONE ELSES prosecpts, then send them to AZ.

George CAN get it done.

All depends on what Randy wants...

Really is that why Freddie Garcia is ptching for the Yankees right now?

I'd love to know what the Yanks offered Garcia. I wonder if it really was about him wanting to play with Ozzie and no one else no matter what the offer.

I'd love to know what the Yanks offered Garcia. I wonder if it really was about him wanting to play with Ozzie and no one else no matter what the offer.

Could very well be. I also doubt the Yanks could possibly have matched what we gave them even if they wanted to.

Could very well be. I also doubt the Yanks could possibly have matched what we gave them even if they wanted to.

$$ talks, which we can assume is what they were offering since they didn't have an Olivo to give up. I'd like to keep on thinking that Garcia came here cause he wanted to. :D

Just guessing... Contreras, Navarro and cash. maybe another prospect or two, but they have no one like Reed and Morse.

Cerb(or anyone here)...what is Arizona's biggest need?

I ask because I am currently wondering if a 3rd party could maybe get involved...perhaps bring Milwaukee or some other team looking for a good 3Bman and has something Arizona would need.  Maybe Seattle could get involved.

Anyone else think of something like that?

Pitching, pitching, pitching. As LDF said, Arizona also wants a catcher which we don't have. Obviously Sexson fills a void at 1st, Hairston is the future at 2nd, Cintron at SS, Tracy at 3B.

Luis Gonzalez is getting old and the D'Backs wouldn't mind getting a few top flight outfield prospects as well. To me, a package of McCarthy, Anderson/Borchard, Young, Munoz would be a start for the trade.

If that's the case, I might have taken the Yankees offer instead...

Yes they do. Eric Duncan is arguably their best prospect, but he's a ways off at High A ball after putting up decent/good numbers at Battle Creek. The Yanks could also send Robinson Cano who is far better than Morse thus far as well as Joaquin Arias who I believe is injured right now.

A package of Contreras, Cano, Duncan, Navarro would definitely perk up Zona's ears. That and New York could throw in some cash.

Yes they do. Eric Duncan is arguably their best prospect, but he's a ways off at High A ball after putting up decent/good numbers at Battle Creek. The Yanks could also send Robinson Cano who is far better than Morse thus far as well as Joaquin Arias who I believe is injured right now.

A package of Contreras, Cano, Duncan, Navarro would definitely perk up Zona's ears. That and New York could throw in some cash.

I don't know that I'd be interested in many Yankee prospects. For every world beater Soriano, you get a dozen Drew Hensons, Ruben Riveras, and Brandon Claussens. They overhype their guys way bad.

I don't know that I'd be interested in many Yankee prospects.  For every world beater Soriano, you get a dozen Drew Hensons, Ruben Riveras, and Brandon Claussens.  They overhype their guys way bad.

Brandon Claussen is not a bad prospect and should turn out to be a good ballplayer. The Yanks don't overhype their prospects because their system is very, very bad. If you want overhyped prospects, look no further than Oakland.

$$ talks, which we can assume is what they were offering since they didn't have an Olivo to give up. I'd like to keep on thinking that Garcia came here cause he wanted to.  :D

You know one thing, he's STAYING here because he wants to. That is even more important, I would think.

Brandon Claussen is not a bad prospect and should turn out to be a good ballplayer. The Yanks don't overhype their prospects because their system is very, very bad. If you want overhyped prospects, look no further than Oakland.

I personally am waiting on the fat catcher who 'can't', Jeremy Brown. Ah, Moneyball was a good read, but man...

'All Hail Billy Beane!' :notworthy

:headshake