We NEED a true Leadoff hitter!

RibbieRubarb

Do we really have to go through this again?

Besides the fact Uribe is younger, plays three positions, and is much much much much MUCH better defensively.... 

Miles is the perfect Coors Field hitter.  He doesn't walk much, but Coors will help him out offensively.  Away from Coors, his OBP is a Corey Patterson-esque .309, with a whopping 0 homers.  Let's see how long this little streak of his lasts, and then you can go back into your little hole of negativity and of all knowledge.

If Uribe continues to hit like this, i don't care how many positions he plays. You can go revisit this trade all you want if Uribe doesn't pick it up.

Uribe couldn't hit in Coors Field...it's not often you leave Coors and become a much much better hitter. Is this the real Juan Uribe?

The jury's still out on this. Right now Uribe is doing nothing to help us win ballgames.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there been any explination why Willie cant seem to realize he has legs?

I say he stopped running since the trip we made to the Florida Marlins. Willie got picked off at 1B and ever since he hasn’t attempted to steal anymore. Very sad.

Rowand got it done yesterday.

:headbang :headbang :headbang

If he would have made that catch and robbed that homer from Crosby, there would be a thread saying how amazing he is and he should be the leadoff hitter the rest of the season cause he had a good day at the plate etc.. I just like to see the players have their dayz and see what wacky thread is up next.. ;) rolleyeyes.gif

Put yourself in Willie's shoes.

When he was hitting .300 and doing everything right and Uribe was fading fast Willie was the one who ended up getting benched and jerked around (like being put in CF).

I don't think that it's any secret that Uribe is one of Ozzie's favorite players. Thus it puts pressure of Willie to be twice as good as Uribe when he's on the field.

Ozzie needs to realiaze that Juan isn't going to do the little things and is going to continue trying to be the next AROD.

He needs to tell Willie that the job is his and get him to relax. When Willie was relaxed he was stealing bases and hitting over .300.

It's no wonder that he isn't running either because if you had that much pressure on you not too screw up then you wouldn't be taking too many chances either.

Juan needs to be the bench player we brought he here to be.

Willie when confident and relaxed is the lead off hitter we need.

Isn't Rickey Henderson still available?? hehe

Ya know what.. he is.. and ya know what else.. Rickey would still be a fine leadoff hitter, and would steal more bases in the rest of this year than Harris will in the next 2 years. Would not be a bad pickup.. especially since he'd take league minimum just to play in the bigs again. He is a class act on the field. Can't argue that.

Ya know what.. he is.. and ya know what else.. Rickey would still be a fine leadoff hitter, and would steal more bases in the rest of this year than Harris will in the next 2 years. Would not be a bad pickup.. especially since he'd take league minimum just to play in the bigs again. He is a class act on the field. Can't argue that.

Maybe Kenny can sign him to a Senior discount?

:)

Do we really have to go through this again?

Besides the fact Uribe is younger, plays three positions, and is much much much much MUCH better defensively.... 

Miles is the perfect Coors Field hitter.  He doesn't walk much, but Coors will help him out offensively.  Away from Coors, his OBP is a Corey Patterson-esque .309, with a whopping 0 homers.  Let's see how long this little streak of his lasts, and then you can go back into your little hole of negativity and of all knowledge.

I don't know if you actually look at numbers before you make statements like the one above or you just shoot your mouth off to hear(see) yourself talk.

If you compare Miles to Uribe defensively their numbers at second base are almost identical except...Miles's are better.

Uribe: 461 innings, 5 errors, .982 FPCT

Miles: 519 innings, 6 errors, .982 FPCT

Their zone ratings, however, are .836 for Miles and .789 for Uribe, suggesting that Miles gets to more balls.

I'll give you the fact that Uribe can play SS and 3B, but the overwhelming edge in offensive numbers gives the clear edge to Miles.

So... I would much, much, much, much, MUCH rather have Miles. :lol:

Say what you want about Jurassic Carl, or say even more about Geriatric Ricky, but Geriatric can flat out play.  He's lost a step or two obviously... but he hustles his rear end off.

If we were to add Ricky after picking up Carl, I say the hell with everything else, let's just ink Hammerin' Hank Aaron to a 3 year pact.

Oh wait, get Minnie suited up!

I'll give you the fact that Uribe can play SS and 3B, but the overwhelming edge in offensive numbers gives the clear edge to Miles.

So... I would much, much, much, much, MUCH rather have Miles. :lol:

Overwhelming numbers?

I don't know about that. Miles has a higher average, but that's in about 50 less at-bats, and in Coors Field. Given the way Uribe is playing lately, however, how anyone could not even CONSIDER taking Miles over Uribe is goofy. Since they are both young, there's really no way to tell which one is better yet. I have a feeling that Miles' numbers will look better this year, but Uribe's will look better over the long run--unless he continues to idiotically ditch the opposite-field mentality in favor of mucho strikeouts and the occasional homer.

It's time to put Willie back in the leadoff hole. He wasn't playing all that badly when he lost his job, Uribe was simply outplaying him at that point(Uribe was outplaying almost everyone in baseball back in May). I like Willie's approach at the plate(the incessant first pitch fake-bunts notwithstanding), he's a lefty, and he's got speed. Put him there and leave him there.

Overwhelming numbers?

I don't know about that.  Miles has a higher average, but that's in about 50 less at-bats, and in Coors Field.  Given the way Uribe is playing lately, however, how anyone could not even CONSIDER taking Miles over Uribe is goofy.  Since they are both young, there's really no way to tell which one is better yet.  I have a feeling that Miles' numbers will look better this year, but Uribe's will look better over the long run--unless he continues to idiotically ditch the opposite-field mentality in favor of mucho strikeouts and the occasional homer.

It's time to put Willie back in the leadoff hole.  He wasn't playing all that badly when he lost his job, Uribe was simply outplaying him at that point(Uribe was outplaying almost everyone in baseball back in May).  I like Willie's approach at the plate(the incessant first pitch fake-bunts notwithstanding), he's a lefty, and he's got speed.  Put him there and leave him there.

Well, it's actually 40 less at bats, but if you look at the trend over the last 4 months it's obvious who is better offensively - and it's overwhelming.

Uribe: April-.393, May-.303, June-.222, July-.118

Miles: April-.268, May-.244, June-.361, July-.328

Overall: Uribe-.272 and falling like a rock, Miles-.316 and rising

And the Coors Field thing is no help to Uribe in this comparison. He hit .253 there in 316 at bats last year.

Does not surprise me at all that Miles' numbers are better than Uribe's. Miles has a ton more minor league experience, is older and has had none of the cultural adjustments Uribe has.

KW made the trade for the future, and anything we get from Uribe this year above and beyond utility man numbers is a bonus.

Neither of them are much for drawing walks, or stolen bases. Although I think Uribe has slightly more of both, not certain. Uribe's power numbers, and power potential, are much greater but that's not much of an issue with the White Sox.

The fact that Uribe can play SS and 3B makes him more valuable in my eyes, he can step in if either guy gets hurt. Miles couldn't.

um :huh:

Kind of obvious isn't it?  .044 better especially with the trends over the last 2 months.

you think miles' numbers are better? :lol: :lol: uribe has more homers, rbis, runs, steals, walks. only thing miles is better in is avg. even then, in 100 at-bats miles would get 4 or 5 more hits than uribe. 4 or 5 ;)