Help me Cheer on the Sox (PART II)

kapkomet

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oz seems to be 2 batters to late....

It's hard to figure out. On one hand we are/were in first place when last year we weren't, but on the other Ozzie has pulled some boners and we might be a few games in front if he was more prepared. Like I said 50/50 sometimes.

Even though most people consider me an ass on this board, I disagree w/everyone who blames Ozzie for not having PK bunt. He's our best power hitter, has had some good swings today, and in a game against this Rangers team at their place, one run doesn't necessarily win you the ball game there. It was more disappointing that PK took an awful swing at a good pitch to hit. With PK's speed, he coudl easily bunt into a DP.

I though PK did with a two run shot?  hell, I've only been following it here, and in passing. Ain't the first time I've f***ed up and it ain't the last!  :lol: 

Point being he did knock in two runs.

I stil like Paulie. He has delivered some big hits around those GIDP's. And it's nice to see Politte come in late and get the final and big out.

Even though most people consider me an ass on this board, I disagree w/everyone who blames Ozzie for not having PK bunt.  He's our best power hitter, has had some good swings today, and in a game against this Rangers team at their place, one run doesn't necessarily win you the ball game there.  It was more disappointing that PK took an awful swing at a good pitch to hit.  With PK's speed, he coudl easily bunt into a DP.

If he had bunted on the first pitch, no way in hell they get a DP...they would not even expect it

Remember when Paulie got his only stolen base because no one expected it? Well that was when Ozzie actually played Ozzie ball back in Apr and May

If he had bunted on the first pitch, no way in hell they get a DP...they would not even expect it

Remember when Paulie got his only stolen base because no one expected it? Well that was when Ozzie actually played Ozzie ball back in Apr and May

One question, when the hell have you ever seen pauly bunt? Chances are he pops it up or fouls it back. The one thing I didn't like that ozzie did today was pinch hit with maggs for Alomar instead of Crede but that happens, no matter what we got beat because damaso just didn't have it tonight.

One question, when the hell have you ever seen pauly bunt?  Chances are he pops it up or fouls it back.  The one thing I didn't like that ozzie did today was pinch hit with maggs for Alomar instead of Crede but that happens, no matter what we got beat because damaso just didn't have it tonight.

Teach him if he cannot bunt....he gets overpaid....might as well do more than hit into GIDP and HRs