another winnable game down the drain

WSoxShuf

f***ing biggest dumbass move by Gullien this year. You mhave to bunt with two on no one out. I don't give a damn if PK can't bunt at least try god Ozzie WTF was that s***

Agreed 100%

But don't you know there are idiots here who believe Paulie should never bunt because the fat turd gets paid to hit HRs? How dare you state the obvious?

Thank God we are playing Ozzie small-ball or else ....

Agreed 100%

But don't you know there are idiots here who believe Paulie should never bunt because the fat turd gets paid to hit HRs? How dare you state the obvious?

Thank God we are playing Ozzie small-ball or else ....

You don't bunt with an RBI guy(and a slow one at that), period. If this is a must win game, then, and only then, is it a POSSIBILITY to bunt with PK.

Of course, if Frank came up in that situation, God forbid he would bunt, and if he did, someone made a bad call, no?

Paulie definently shoulda been swinging, if he would have bunted into a double play everyone would be like "why was he bunting" and you cant really ph for him. Also, why does everyone think marte is any good, hes just as bad as koch, hes blown have of his save opportunities, when he was the closer, plus his loss tonight.

Paulie definently shoulda been swinging, if he would have bunted into a double play everyone would be like "why was he bunting" and you cant really ph for him.  Also, why does everyone think marte is any good,  hes just as bad as koch, hes blown have of his save opportunities, when he was the closer, plus his loss tonight.

Ah boy. Time to pick on the new guy. Comparing Damaso to koch is absolutely ludicrous, you can have a blown save by giving up a run in the 7th or 8th, even if you come in with inherited runners. Damaso is the best lefty reliever in the american league so please don't ever compare him to botch.

If we don't start winning some of these "tough losses," we're gonna end up just like the North Side f***s -- lamenting those losses we laughed at in April, May, June, and early July while we blew those losses off -- realizing that they ultimately screwed us the same as losses in August and September.

Those "early" losses that most people just dismiss or blow off can ultimately SCREW you. If we had won just half of those "oh don't worry about it it's early" losses, we are up 8 games up right now, there's less pressure, and the Twins are ready to blow their brains out.

My point about Marte is, ok hes not as bad as koch, but those two runs he gave up after how well we came back totally deflated the team. If set up men give up 2 runs after a great late game come back thats what causes you to lose these close games that end up being so devastating. Marte is way more to blame for that loss than PK.

My point about Marte is, ok hes not as bad as koch, but those two runs he gave up after how well we came back totally deflated the team.  If set up men give up 2 runs after a great late game come back thats what causes you to lose these close games that end up being so devastating.  Marte is way more to blame for that loss than PK.

And I'm sure Marte knows it and feels bad.

By the Way...you forgot to mention the HUGE majority of times Damaso has dominated and shut other teams DOWN.

Case in point, his balls out pitching in Minnesota to help us sweep a couple weeks back.

Be sure to check all the facts before condemning someone or relating them to Billy Koch.

Welcome to Soxtalk, btw!

:cheers

If he was so lights out he would be the closer instead of Shingo.

Actually the fact that he is a lefty is why he hasn't been closing. he is too valuable to the Sox been to be tied to just the 9th inning. He gets used anywhere from the 6th to the 9th when needed to get out key lefties. You can't say the same about Shingo.

Actually the fact that he is a lefty is why he hasn't been closing.  he is too valuable to the Sox been to be tied to just the 9th inning.  He gets used anywhere from the 6th to the 9th when needed to get out key lefties.  You can't say the same about Shingo.

Well put, and I agree. If we had another stud lefty or two Marte might close, but our only other lefty is Cotts and our other options are in the minors. Besides, one could argue Garland had as much effect on the lose as Marte. If he gets a double play ball instead of serving up a homer to Mathews it's a totally different game. Do we really have to rip on one of our most effective pitchers?

If he was so lights out he would be the closer instead of Shingo.

Remember that 2 inning, 1 run save he had against Minn? He pretty much closed out that game...

Him and Shingo closing out games have been great. Our offense just needs to step it up.

It just seems to me that marte is rather streaky at timesand MOST, not all, of the times that he is lights out is when he has a big lead.  I know its good to have a left arm in the pen my point was just if your gonna blame PK for the loss than you should blame him also.

Streaky?

Do I have to cut and paste his game log from the year??

He is very consistant. Do not rely on your one-sided feelings on which base your agrument.

Check the facts...what you feel about him being streaky is incorrect.

I blame Frank for that loss.

If he hadn't ALLOWED his foot to be broken, he'd have hit a couple of bombs and "WE WIN THAT GAME"!!!!!

How 'bout blaming nobody, and realizing that no one is going to get the job done every time?

That seems reasonable....no?

If he hadn't ALLOWED his foot to be broken, he'd have hit a couple of bombs and "WE WIN THAT GAME"!!!!!

How 'bout blaming nobody, and realizing that no one is going to get the job done every time?

no :nono

:P

:notworthy :notworthy