music

hi8is

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
Kinda into Amos Lee right now.

:cheers

I saw Dylan in Atlantic City a few years ago and Amos Lee opened for him. It was QUITE good, and I ended up getting an album of his (self-titled one) because of his performance.

After seeing them live last night, I've been listening to The Bad Plus a lot. Very good modern/progressive jazz band, amazing set last night. I've listened to them for awhile, but last night basically took me over the top, resulting in my buying a 2nd album of theirs (already had bought one) and downloading (soon to be buying) another. Great stuff for those of you into jazz, as are Dave Kings other bands such as 'Happy Apple' and 'Halloween, Alaska', although I haven't listened to 'Halloween, Alaska' yet. I'll be seeing any of them the next time they are in Minneapolis, which is pretty soon.

Edited by Felix

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 01:19 AM)
okkervil river was f***in great. f'n great.

Before I got into them, I saw them open for The Decemberists a few years back at The Metro. Okkervil River was the worst show I had ever seen ... and then The Decemberists played.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 04:09 AM)
Before I got into them, I saw them open for The Decemberists a few years back at The Metro. Okkervil River was the worst show I had ever seen ... and then The Decemberists played.

i was at the same show and felt the same about them. Then i got their albums and saw them play three more times and they became one of my favorite american bands.

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
i was at the same show and felt the same about them. Then i got their albums and saw them play three more times and they became one of my favorite american bands.

Have you heard their new EP?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)
I'd never really noticed how much Kenny Rogers of the Tigers looks like Scott Lucas of Local H.

Can someone do one of those split screen, two photo deals? You'd have to find a recent picture of Scott, with the short, greying hair.

I've always seen more Henry Rollins in Rogers, and more Neal Cotts in Lucas.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 11:09 PM)

I really like the Decemberists...

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Oct 9, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
OK Go video, not sure if it should be here or "stupid, hilarious......."

LINK

Good isn't it?

I like OK Go.

I'm going to see them in November, in fact.

That video still brings a chuckle.

Have you checked YoogleTube for the Lego version of that video? It's pretty good, too.

So the other day I'm listening to the radio on my way to SD and I heard the new Snow Patrol single. Holy crap, talk about a song that screams commercial. You will hear this song in every radio format, on a ton of TV shows and in plenty of films for the next 20 years at least. If you haven't heard it yet, you will soon and you have been warned. :P

Anyone grab the new The Hold Steady? I can't wait.

i got the new hold steady. Its a really good club rock and roll album. But NSFP = not safe for parties.

btw my music website is up its www.45rpmzine.com , i'd appreciate all the hits but i'm still kinda workin on my writing.

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
i got the new hold steady. Its a really good club rock and roll album. But NSFP = not safe for parties.

btw my music website is up its www.45rpmzine.com , i'd appreciate all the hits but i'm still kinda workin on my writing.

I'm staring at the new The Hold Steady right now, still in it's wrapper. I won't get to it til Thursday and then we're going on a road trip. :headbang

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 05:57 AM)
I'm staring at the new The Hold Steady right now, still in it's wrapper. I won't get to it til Thursday and then we're going on a road trip. :headbang

Hold Steady winter tour

12/9 Columbia, MO

:headbang

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 10:14 AM)
Hold Steady winter tour

12/9 Columbia, MO

:headbang

I'm making to drive to SD to see them tomorrow night. Those guys went through a case of beer during a 45 min. set at Lolla. Needless to say, the brew will be a flowin' :headbang

What can you tell me about Sean Na Na the opener?

nothing, i went to their website and the songs were meh.

Last year i saw The Hold Steady, The Constantines, and the cops for 8 bucks, and all three of them tear s*** up live. The constantines are worthy of their own, and still there was maybe only 40 people there.