music

hi8is

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(beautox @ Nov 6, 2006 -> 01:02 AM)
i was driving home from practice tonight and found an old mix cd, and threw it on. It was all naked raygun/husker du/replacements, Naked Raygun might be getting back togeather to do more shows they recently played riot fest, so one can only hope :headbang

When Ryan Manno asked them about their future plans, they said "Let's just get past Riot Fest to start", but they also mentioned that they contacted the promoter to see if they'd be interested in having Raygun play, so it's not like they were coaxed into reuniting. They sounded happy and upbeat, so I'm hoping this is at least a short-term full-time thing.

Man, I really hope they at least do the occasional show - they were/are SO good.

On the same program, Manno spoke with Oderus Urungus of GWAR, and he mentioned their 20th anniversary release, which is titled Blood, Bath and Beyond.

:lol: :lolhitting

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 6, 2006 -> 02:49 AM)
When Ryan Manno asked them about their future plans, they said "Let's just get past Riot Fest to start", but they also mentioned that they contacted the promoter to see if they'd be interested in having Raygun play, so it's not like they were coaxed into reuniting. They sounded happy and upbeat, so I'm hoping this is at least a short-term full-time thing.

Man, I really hope they at least do the occasional show - they were/are SO good.

On the same program, Manno spoke with Oderus Urungus of GWAR, and he mentioned their 20th anniversary release, which is titled Blood, Bath and Beyond.

:lol: :lolhitting

Yeah, they schould just get on the pegboy program, like one to two shows a year in the greater Chicagoland area, thats all im asking for.

QUOTE(beautox @ Nov 6, 2006 -> 10:59 AM)
Yeah, they schould just get on the pegboy program, like one to two shows a year in the greater Chicagoland area, thats all im asking for.

In a perfect world, they'd play the same bill, with The Methadones opening.

Buzzing Guitar Heaven, that would be!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 6, 2006 -> 06:36 PM)
I guess they've been gone long enough to get nostalgic about it, and there's still enough interest to get some easy paydays.

It's a win/win.

i think there is far more interest in them. I'm just saying, cause the pixies dvd apparently shows them barely talking to each other and essentially in it for the $$ as zappa would say.

QUOTE(bmags @ Nov 6, 2006 -> 01:08 PM)
i think there is far more interest in them. I'm just saying, cause the pixies dvd apparently shows them barely talking to each other and essentially in it for the $$ as zappa would say.

That movie was (is?) showing at the Music Box Theatre, and I was interested in seeing it until I read some reviews saying that they didn't speak to each other much at all.

That doesn't interest me at all.

Raygun sounded really happy to be playing again, so I'm hopeful that it'll last a while.

Some new Raygun music wouldn't suck, either.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
http://www.reneeolstead.com/

Wow...just...wow...she's 16, with a voice like this...and singing this music. Wow. Shivers down the spine man, shivers.

doesn't hurt to have David Foster running your ship. she sounds good. Bethany Dillon is great too.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
http://www.reneeolstead.com/

Wow...just...wow...she's 16, with a voice like this...and singing this music. Wow. Shivers down the spine man, shivers.

Not to kill your buzz KG, but the fact that she's 16 is the only thing that makes it stand out. If I'd told you she was 30, she suddenly becomes very average.

NEW YORK (Billboard) -- Eddie Van Halen has brought his 15-year-old son, Wolfgang, into Van Halen as the veteran rock band's new bass player, a spokesperson told Billboard.com.

Father and son, along with Eddie's drummer brother Alex, have been rehearsing for a 2007 tour, but it is unknown who will serve as the band's vocalist. (Wolfgang's substitution for original bass player Michael Anthony was first reported by news Web site TMZ.com a week ago.)

Rumors continue to swirl that original singer David Lee Roth, who was replaced by Sammy Hagar in the mid-1980s, will return to the fold, despite years of enmity. Roth, who has recently worked as a radio DJ and a paramedic, told Billboard.com in May that he saw it "absolutely as an inevitability."

No details have been provided about the departure of Anthony, a fan favorite who generally kept out of the internecine warfare in the band.

As for the musical acumen of Wolfgang, Eddie Van Halen enthused to Howard Stern in September, "If I excel at the speed of sound, he excels at the speed of light. This kid is just a natural."

Van Halen is one of nine acts on the ballot for the 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.

Copyright 2006 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

I remember getting tossed out of the front row of a David Lee Roth concert. He was playing for a $5 cover at a 500 seat venue. My buddy kept calling out post DLR Van Halen tunes. A bouncer came up and said we were bumming David out, I said he went from playing with Van Halen to Tejano Salon, he SHOULD be bummed out!

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)
Not to kill your buzz KG, but the fact that she's 16 is the only thing that makes it stand out. If I'd told you she was 30, she suddenly becomes very average.

No buzz kill. I made a similar comment as that on the board I found out about her on. But the future potential for her is astounding. Her voice is strong now, and as she gains notoriety she will be finding herself working with some of the best, no doubt. I would expect that if she keeps going like this, when she is 30, she will be far from "average".

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)
I remember getting tossed out of the front row of a David Lee Roth concert. He was playing for a $5 cover at a 500 seat venue. My buddy kept calling out post DLR Van Halen tunes. A bouncer came up and said we were bumming David out, I said he went from playing with Van Halen to Tejano Salon, he SHOULD be bummed out!

I would still take solo Dave to Van Hagar any day of the week though.

QUOTE(shipps @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 04:49 AM)
Im lovin The Shins new single cant wait for the new album in jan.You can hear it on their myspace page.

FWIW, I've heard the new album and I was not impressed. But I haven't liked the Shins since their debut.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 05:59 AM)
FWIW, I've heard the new album and I was not impressed. But I haven't liked the Shins since their debut.

I have loved most of their stuff that they have made ,mostly from aquired taste.But do you think id like the new cd considering i love their other stuff?