music

hi8is

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 03:54 AM)
IIRC, the sound in that room kinda sux.

The sound in the Congress does suck, but the Killers put on a fantastic show. They really played with alot of energy and the stage set up was really really cool, it was like an old western ghost town, but with alot of high tech lights and stuff.

The crowd there sucked though, alot of them were the trendy adults who brought their young children and sat down the whole show. Lames.

i hate decisions like this. tapes n tapes tonight at mojos, best bar to see a band play at...

but i have a german test at 9 am that i really want to get an A on.

Tom Waits new album leaked, eh. I think i'm gonna buy it so he can get more money to fund a bigger tour...i was so close to getting tix to his aug. 9th show .

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 19, 2006 -> 01:57 PM)
i hate decisions like this. tapes n tapes tonight at mojos, best bar to see a band play at...

but i have a german test at 9 am that i really want to get an A on.

Tom Waits new album leaked, eh. I think i'm gonna buy it so he can get more money to fund a bigger tour...i was so close to getting tix to his aug. 9th show .

Go to the show, German is for Germans.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
Sometimes George Thorogood is necessary.

One Bourobon, One Scotch . . .

Ah' Know. Ever'body funny. Now you' funny too.

I love that line but when I turn it on myself it's very self-depricating. As a bachelor I was always the guy who let everybody crash at my place, for whatever reason and for however long they needed to. The sad, simple reality is that it completely changed on getting married. Sooo much upside to married life, but losing the simple ability to tell somebody, "Hey, you can stay here if you need to," for the sake of domestic harmony is somewhat pathetic.

I suck. :crying

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)
Please yell out for them to play "Easy Livin'" and tell me what happens. Please.

Sorry, Kid, I wasn't in any position to yell anything at the stage.

To be honest, going into the concert, I only knew a few songs, although I knew going into it was going to be a fun and upbeat concert. They really put on one helluva show. I wish I knew the words to more of their songs, as it's always a lot more fun being more "involved", but I still had a rea great time. I've been to very few concerts, but this one ranks atop my short list.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 04:43 AM)
Likin' the new Killers album, making the drive from Champaign to Chicago tonight to see them at the Congress, hopefully they'll impress.

Yeah I'm startin to get into that at the moment. Really liking Sam's Town and Uncle Johnny the most on that album so far.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 01:42 AM)
Yeah I'm startin to get into that at the moment. Really liking Sam's Town and Uncle Johnny the most on that album so far.

I was hugely disappointed with the new album. I was really excited for it when I heard the single When You Were Young, but the rest of the album is mediocre. Sam's Town is a great song, but beyond that it's very average. I hate how they have these meaningless enterlude/exitludes.

Oddly enough DBAH0, Uncle Johnny was probably my least favorite song on the album.

To be fair, I don't think it was going to be possible for them to come out with an album that would approach the quality of Hot Fuss.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 02:59 AM)
I was hugely disappointed with the new album. I was really excited for it when I heard the single When You Were Young, but the rest of the album is mediocre. Sam's Town is a great song, but beyond that it's very average. I hate how they have these meaningless enterlude/exitludes.

Oddly enough DBAH0, Uncle Johnny was probably my least favorite song on the album.

To be fair, I don't think it was going to be possible for them to come out with an album that would approach the quality of Hot Fuss.

I love the new album.the last album was a little to pop for me.song numbers 3,4,5,9,11, fantastic(i dont know names of songs).and i also like the intro and outro songs.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 02:59 AM)

Maybe it's just me, but I've thought that every song The Killers has made is complete trash.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 04:44 AM)
Maybe it's just me, but I've thought that every song The Killers has made is complete trash.

I'm sure you're not the only one who holds that opinion, but I would disagree with that opinion.

I like most of the songs on Hot Fuss, although I'm disappointed with the new disc.

I like the "retro alternative" sound of the Killers, Interpol, She Wants Revenge, and so on, but I can certainly understand how some people wouldn't like it.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 05:59 PM)

:lol:

I forgot to mention When You Were Young, which is a good song as well. I think from what I've read on various messageboards it's an album you really need to listen to quite a few times before you start to appreciate it, but if you don't like it, then you're not going to listen to it again are you.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 12:54 AM)
Sorry, Kid, I wasn't in any position to yell anything at the stage.

To be honest, going into the concert, I only knew a few songs, although I knew going into it was going to be a fun and upbeat concert. They really put on one helluva show. I wish I knew the words to more of their songs, as it's always a lot more fun being more "involved", but I still had a rea great time. I've been to very few concerts, but this one ranks atop my short list.

That's O.K. It would have gone over the heads of almost everybody in the club. Flogging frontman/leader Dave King is the old vocalist from the brilliant old early 80's Metal band Fastway. Not very many people, especially Molly fans, are aware of the connection. Dave King used to have one of the strongest voices in music, but it's kind of gone now.

Fastway (which was formed by "Fast" Eddie Clark of Motorhead, Pete Way of UFO and Jerry Shirley of Humble Pie):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4YQJKEAuVY

Dave with Katmandu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh3_pz6Sntc

Edited by Kid Gleason

honestly could the killers have gone a more predictable way on this new album? "Hey, lets go bigger! Like U2!!!" ugh. I've always disliked em anyway since that song "it's indie rock and rol for me" or whatever. Suicide booth.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 06:34 AM)
I forgot to mention When You Were Young, which is a good song as well. I think from what I've read on various messageboards it's an album you really need to listen to quite a few times before you start to appreciate it, but if you don't like it, then you're not going to listen to it again are you.

I already bought it so I've listened to it multiple times already.