music

hi8is

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 12, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
nothing, i went to their website and the songs were meh.

Last year i saw The Hold Steady, The Constantines, and the cops for 8 bucks, and all three of them tear s*** up live. The constantines are worthy of their own, and still there was maybe only 40 people there.

I think I remember your review of that show.

Craig Finn has become one of my favorite lyricists(

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read that the not-so-recently-reunited "classic lineup" of Dinosaur Jr. have finished the recording of their upcoming disc of new material, due in Spring 2007.

I am now happier than I was a few minutes ago.

Dinosaur Jr. = :headbang

Edited by The Critic

I'm moist with anticipation.

The allmighty Dinosaur Jr. brings the rock AND the roll and you need to stop speaking to anyone who tells you anything different.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 03:59 AM)
I just read that the not-so-recently-reunited "classic lineup" of Dinosaur Jr. have finished the recording of their upcoming disc of new material, due in Spring 2007.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 08:59 AM)

you read that on my website, right?

no...?

s***.

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 10:46 AM)
you read that on my website, right?

no...?

s***.

You run blabbermouth.net?

No?

Then..............no.

No, I didn't.

If so, then why, YES............yes, I did!

:D

Edited to add that I just read it on your site now, and I didn't know about the live DVD, so THANKS!

:cheers

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 07:01 PM)
GOOD NEWS!

Congrats!

Any chance for a second printing, or is that it for Issue #1?

The only way I reprint is if I get "advanced" orders. Otherwise, forget it. Lost enough money on that one. Issue 2 will hopefully do much better.

Thanks for thw "congrats"!

The Sugarcubes are reuniting for one night only! The show will be at Laugardalsholl Concert Hall in Reykjavik, Iceland November 17th. This will be the first time that the indie rock legends will have performed with international superstar Bjork since 1992.

Rex Kickass will be there.

Also trying to catch the last show on Sufjan Stevens' two night Icelandic tour the following evening.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
The Sugarcubes are reuniting for one night only! The show will be at Laugardalsholl Concert Hall in Reykjavik, Iceland November 17th. This will be the first time that the indie rock legends will have performed with international superstar Bjork since 1992.

Rex Kickass will be there.

Also trying to catch the last show on Sufjan Stevens' two night Icelandic tour the following evening.

Are you flying over especially for that? That's pretty cool. I always wanted to do something like that. Have fun!

THE NEW MARS VOLTA IS AWFUL!I have backed them for so long saying if you dont like them you just dont get what they are trying to do.But I have had enough.They need to get off their musician high horse and start writing real music!They write songs now that have 10 minutes of someone tapping a piece of tinfoil!

QUOTE(shipps @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 08:17 AM)
THE NEW MARS VOLTA IS AWFUL!I have backed them for so long saying if you dont like them you just dont get what they are trying to do.But I have had enough.They need to get off their musician high horse and start writing real music!They write songs now that have 10 minutes of someone tapping a piece of tinfoil!

Yep.

There are 40 minutes of really, really great music within each Volta record, the problem is you have find it within the kinda crap you just described.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
Reality can be a b****, can't it?

On a somewhat related note, my magazine just sold out today!

i was joking though.

QUOTE(shipps @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)

yeah, i hate when bands can't live up to the promise of their first EP.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
Yep.

There are 40 minutes of really, really great music within each Volta record, the problem is you have find it within the kinda crap you just described.

to each their own because i think that amputechture is their best work yet... right beside deloused

their live show did lick balls last i saw but then again, they did have their new drummer and it was his first show with them.... from what ive heard that will be on their 4th cd next year... uck.... f***in jimi hendrex 60's rip off artist stuff

bleck