Same old white sux

Butter Parque

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Butter is right.....This team is going nowhere...How bout we take down names of the guys who think we still have a chance....I bet we could get a good laugh in couple months when we are out of the playoffs once again

You would actually enjoy being right about that?

Nice...

:headshake

Like I said, you can deny whats ultimately going to happen for as long as you want, but when they don't make the playoffs, you guys should be the last people on this board bad mouthing them.

Can you be so kind as to pass along the winning lotto numbers....?

Thanks

P.S. For everybody out there who blames everything on Jerry Reinsdorf, I have a couple of words of wisdom for you. When you come onto these boards and complain about how all of Reinsdorfs money never goes to the team, theirs a simple solution, DON'T GO TO THE GAMES! Reinsdorf is never going to put the necessary money into the team so why in the hell would you keep giving him yours. Boycott the games and watch them at home. Stop giving him your money which he pockets for himself. The moronic notion that if you spend more at the games and give more money, that he will put more into the team is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Hysterical!!!

I have to agree with a lot of the original post. As long time Sox fans, we have all become conditioned to hope for the best but expect the worst. Just like every year since 2000, I allowed myself to buy into the hype, only to have my hopes dashed. The bottom line is that the Twins are a better team. I don't care about individual talent. For all this talk about individual talent, the Twins have been beating up on us for three years in a row. I find it funny that all the Sox and us fans do is complain about Torrie Hunter and what a dirty play that was. Ozzie actually defended Hunter's actions and said not only was it not dirty, it's the way the game should be played. That's the way the Twins play, and that's why they keep winning the division. And this core of Sox players has had too long to prove that they are willing to play just as hard.

Yeah, it's true that 3 1/2 games out going into August isn't unreasonable. But watching this last series, it wouldn't matter if we had a 3 1/2 game lead, because the Sox are a defeated team now. And with the way the Indians are playing, we'll be lucky to finish second. I hope I'm wrong about all of this, but recent history doesn't give me much faith.

I say keep Ozzie, keep his staff, keep KW (I applaud his proactive approach), dump the players, and load up the farm system with speed, defense and pitching (and get new development people-I'm sick of all these can't miss prospects hitting .220 or having an ERA over 5).

I have to agree with a lot of the original post.  As long time Sox fans, we have all become conditioned to hope for the best but expect the worst.  Just like every year since 2000, I allowed myself to buy into the hype, only to have my hopes dashed.  The bottom line is that the Twins are a better team.  I don't care about individual talent.  For all this talk about individual talent, the Twins have been beating up on us for three years in a row.  I find it funny that all the Sox and us fans do is complain about Torrie Hunter and what a dirty play that was.  Ozzie actually defended Hunter's actions and said not only was it not dirty, it's the way the game should be played.  That's the way the Twins play, and that's why they keep winning the division.  And this core of Sox players has had too long to prove that they are willing to play just as hard.

Yeah, it's true that 3 1/2 games out going into August isn't unreasonable.  But watching this last series, it wouldn't matter if we had a 3 1/2 game lead, because the Sox are a defeated team now.  And with the way the Indians are playing, we'll be lucky to finish second.  I hope I'm wrong about all of this, but recent history doesn't give me much faith.

I say keep Ozzie, keep his staff, keep KW (I applaud his proactive approach), dump the players, and load up the farm system with speed, defense and pitching (and get new development people-I'm sick of all these can't miss prospects hitting .220 or having an ERA over 5).

I think a general problem with this is that the Twins have had better teams the last few years. Milton and Mays are both gone or constantly hurt, and Guardado and Hawkins are both gone. Those are pitchers that really carried them through the last 3 years(The first two in 01-02, the last two in 02-03). Their rotation is a Radke cold streak away from being a joke, and their pen is down to basically two guys that they trust. As for the Indians their bullpen is going to keep them from making a big run. They just can't win close games, which will kill them, and they could really use one or two more starters too.

I think your comments on the farm system are a little misguided. Every team has guys that crap out, the difference is what they have produced. Do you really think this team would be anywhere without Frank, Maggs, Carlos, Buehrle, Rowand and to a lesser extent Garland? Look at most of the teams that supposedly have great farm systems. In 2000 we supposedly had the best, but injuries to guys like Rauch and Stewart and Borchard not panning out killed it. Almost, none of the Cubs tauted prospects are doing squat, the only reason they have done anything is they draft high enough to get the superstuds like Wood and Prior. And teams like the A's and Twins(although the vast majority of their homegrown pitchers are doing nothing, much like ours) never had a top system but keep producing guys, it's all just a crap shoot with young talent. The teams that trade of talent like that consistently suck, because eventually they have to bring in free agents to bolster it. Detroit and Pittsburgh have gotten squat out of doing it, and the Expos are almost devoid of talent from such deals. The only team that has done it successfully was Cleveland, and that's because they got a king's randsom for Colon from the Expos. It's a little easier when someone will give you 3 top level major league ready guys to bolster your system, we won't find anyone that stupid. Considering that the highest we have drafted in a long time is #10(Borchard) we've done okay on getting guys. Addingto that, there's nothing that says speed and defense can't flop either, and building around pitching is riskier because of the higher rate of injury. Besides, we've pretty much done nothing but draft pitchers.

I don't get it. If you are a Sox fan, why would you refer to them as "Sux"? Even if this year they are letting you down, why turn on the team? Can I assume that your closet has many hats, and about this time you pop a Twins cap onto your head, or a Yankee's, A's, Angels, Cardinals, or even a ...gasp...CUBS??? Do you not believe in having a "favorite" team and sticking with them through the thick and thin? Isn't that what being a "fan" is all about? The Expos have fans, and do you think those fans are fools? No, they are people that love the TEAM, the history, the present, and the future. If the Sox don't make it this year, then I blame a large part on our pitching not being what we all had hoped for, and the fact that our big bats went on the DL, and that some of our other players just didn't strike. ON PAPER we had/have what we need this year to make it. Injuries and mentalities get in the way sometimes though. We have a championship caliber team, and if you disagree, you disagree with a LOT of Baseball experts. The parts just didn't fire at the same time. To say this is a hopeless team is not to different than saying that the Yankees and even the Cubs are useless. We have a great club, it is just having problems now, and it might sink us in the end. But that is why they play the game so many times, to find who truely should make it. Not every team is going to win. Stick with your team or go see Catwoman in the theater.

Regarding the expos, their fans are smart. That team is being removed from Montreal so why should anyone go to the games. They no their team sucks and they no that their team has no future.(At least not in Montreal) Thats why nobody goes to the games. To say that they stick by their team is ludicrous.

I stick by this team, but their is only so loyal you can be. I've seen this same song and dance with this team for years now. Every year I'm tricked into believing that this team has a real shot to win the world series. This year they tricked me into believing that a new manager would make a difference. Where is the difference? Its the same exact thing as last year.

Regarding the expos, their fans are smart. That team is being removed from Montreal so why should anyone go to the games. They no their team sucks and they no that their team has no future.(At least not in Montreal) Thats why nobody goes to the games. To say that they stick by their team is ludicrous.

1994 killed baseball in Montreal

I stick by this team, but their is only so loyal you can be. I've seen this same song and dance with this team for years now. Every year I'm tricked into believing that this team has a real shot to win the world series. This year they tricked me into believing that a new manager would make a difference. Where is the difference? Its the same exact thing as last year.

I think your problem...and you have many, but your main problem is your ability to confuse being REALISTIC and being NEGATIVE.

A REALISTIC fan will say the Sox are not playing to their potential. With Mags and Frank out Kenny needs to make a move and other players need to step up in clutch situations.

A NEGATIVE fan...you...will say the idiotic things you said at the beginning of this thread.

A REALISTIC fan will post when the team is doing well, and point out what is going right and how they can improve on that...

A NEGATIVE fan...you...will rarely be seen during a winning streak.

A REALISTIC fan will point out specifics as to what is wrong with the team during a losing streak. Using facts and figures to back up their claims. Then they will provide hypothetical, but realistc, solutions to these problems.

A NEGATIVE fan...you...will never use facts, be insulting when questioned on your opinion, and provide blanket generalizations on the players and coaches.

Now...do you understand?