Latest scoop on Mets-Bucs-Sox deal

YASNY

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Braves are as bad as the Yankees at overhyping their prospects.

Bruce Chen, Wilson Betemit, Matt Belisle were all supposed to be the Next Great Things.

You could throw Klesko and a few others on the list, too.

Schuerholz is no dummy.

That's why the Braves never stop winning, no matter how many players they lose.

Yeah, you are right....... guys like Andruw Jones, Rafael Furcal, Chipper Jones, Tom Glavine, Marcus Giles, etc. all really disappointed.....

It may or may not happen. But to to consider Sweeney a 50/50 chance to make the big leagues at age 19 in class A ball is a stretch. I 'll give yo 30/70 on those odds. And then to think he'll be an impact player at this point, I'd say 10/90 against.

It may or may not happen.  But to to consider Sweeney a 50/50 chance to make the big leagues at age 19 in class A ball is a stretch. I 'll give yo 30/70 on those odds.  And then to think he'll be an impact player at this point, I'd say 10/90 against.

10/90 chance that Floyd impacts this team to a world series...

Holy s***! When did this all happen?

When you wake up at noon, things seem to sneak up on you, :lol:

Yeah, really. I went to bed at about 6 AM and woke up at noon, too, and there's a ton of new s*** on here that I'm behind on.

Me neither. Unless I want to see this team further self distruct which is what will happen without another bat. Sweeney will do nothing for us for another 2 years at least...

I do agree with your premise, but don't we really need some leadoff talent rather than another home run guy? We need 300 hitters at the top of the lineup. If the trade goes down then fine but I think I have had enough of solo home runs.

Too many people are way too much in love with our prospects.  Go back two years.  Rauch, Borchard, Crede.  C'mon folks, we need a proven major league hitter here... NOW!

I agree our minor league talent is average at best. I would though give up borchard rather than sweeney.

Sorry if someone else said this(I can't sit through 10 pages), I just gotta voice my opinion.

WHAT!!!!!!!

I gotta say, giving up Sweeney for this guy blows. He's a walking DL trip. Yeah, he's a decent player when he's healthy, but he's never going to play 150 games. Plus he's owed another $13 mil through 05 and 06. :puke That would pretty much mean Maggs is gone. I'd rather not give up one of our best prospects for a long term solution to a short term problem.

Sorry if someone else said this(I can't sit through 10 pages), I just gotta voice my opinion.

WHAT!!!!!!!

I gotta say, giving up Sweeney for this guy blows. He's a walking DL trip. Yeah, he's a decent player when he's healthy, but he's never going to play 150 games. Plus he's owed another $13 mil through 05 and 06. :puke That would pretty much mean Maggs is gone. I'd rather not give up one of our best prospects for a long term solution to a short term problem.

And all the other moves this year doesn't say that Maggs is gone anyway?

Unless no one wants to take a chance on him because of his injury now, he's as good as gone anyway.

And all the other moves this year doesn't say that Maggs is gone anyway?

Unless no one wants to take a chance on him because of his injury now, he's as good as gone anyway.

I don't think so. Freddy is a pitcher. Yeah, we commited money to him, but we've done that with a lot of guys. Everett is clearly meant to be a fill in for Thomas because we haven't seen him in the field yet. Neither of them are an indication that we are preparing for a major gap in RF, Floyd is. We offered Maggs a good sized deal, and his asking price is gonna go down with the most recent injury. I highly doubt anyone will even offer him a 5 year deal now. I think there is a very good chance that he comes back on a one year deal and takes a shot at free agency next year, or signs something in the 5 years $50 mil range with the Sox.

posted by winninugly83:

Braves are as bad as the Yankees at overhyping their prospects.

Bruce Chen, Wilson Betemit, Matt Belisle were all supposed to be the Next Great Things.

You could throw Klesko and a few others on the list, too.

Schuerholz is no dummy.

That's why the Braves never stop winning, no matter how many players they lose.

Yeah, tell me about it. AJ Zapp, Ron Wright, Wes Helms, George Lombard, Damian Moss, Jason Marquis, a shortstop from Australia whose name escapes me (Glenn something), etc. The list goes on and on and on.

Hell, the only guy that they traded who ended up working out is Jason Schmidt. IIRC, he was their #1 draft pick in 92 or 93. Boy, that one really came back and bit them in the ass, eh?

I used to be somewhat of a minor league expert back in the nineties, but I'm too lazy to get down with the get down nowadays.