READ THIS POST-NEW SOXTALK POSTING POLICY

southsider2k5

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 1 question.

Say someone posts about signing Rey Ordonez...am I going over the line saying "I think that's a stupid idea?" I don't think I am...I'm just letting my opinion on the subject be known...correct?

Otherwise...I think it's a great policy, and it should help Soxtalk.

I have 1 question.

Say someone posts about signing Rey Ordonez...am I going over the line saying "I think that's a stupid idea?"  I don't think I am...I'm just letting my opinion on the subject be known...correct?

That's not what we are talking about at all. It being a stupid idea refers to the Ordonez signing. And once again, it isn't posts like this we are worried about. It is more like having a response of "you are a f***ing idiot" when suggesting the signing of Rey Ordonez, which we are looking to stop.

I have 1 question.

Say someone posts about signing Rey Ordonez...am I going over the line saying "I think that's a stupid idea?"  I don't think I am...I'm just letting my opinion on the subject be known...correct?

Naaw. What a stupid thought. ;)

I don't think many of you will see any changes at all. It's more for the deep stuff that was encountered in the last couple of weeks as ss2k keeps noting.

As long as they don't post here :P

So now I have to ask them if they post at Soxtalk before I can swear at them???

Life is getiing too complicated...

"GET OFF MY LAWN, YOU LITTLE.....excuse me, kids, do you post at Soxtalk? You DO?.....well, then....I DISAGREE WITH YOUR DECISION TO WALK ON MY LAWN AND RESPECTFULLY REQUEST THAT YOU DIVERT YOUR PATH BACK ONTO THE SIDEWALK, PLEASE!!!!!!"

Great Idea guys.. This is something that does need to be done..

I have been called names before, and I know this may be hard to believe, but yes.. even I... (sigh) have called people names on here...

Getting rid of that is only going to make this a better site

So now I have to ask them if they post at Soxtalk before I can swear at them???

Life is getiing too complicated...

"GET OFF MY LAWN, YOU LITTLE.....excuse me, kids, do you post at Soxtalk? You DO?.....well, then....I DISAGREE WITH YOUR DECISION TO WALK ON MY LAWN AND RESPECTFULLY REQUEST THAT YOU DIVERT YOUR PATH BACK ONTO THE SIDEWALK, PLEASE!!!!!!"

I am soooo gonna run accross your lawn now :P :bang

That's not what we are talking about at all.  It being a stupid idea refers to the Ordonez signing.  And once again, it isn't posts like this we are worried about.  It is more like having a response of "you are a f***ing idiot" when suggesting the signing of Rey Ordonez, which we are looking to stop.

Alright, thanks.

I kind of figured that's what you guys were talking about, but I was just clarifying.

Great Idea guys.. This is something that does need to be done..

I have been called names before, and I know this may be hard to believe, but yes.. even I... (sigh) have called people names on here...

Getting rid of that is only going to make this a better site

Well when you support Billy Koch, what do you expect? :bang :P

I do have a serious weakness, though. When people talk s*** about Frank, I feel the need to call them idiots. I can't help it. Just recently, someone said that Frank was "the problem all of these years". I'm not gonna name names. But I did call that person a floundering idiot.

However, I would say the same thing to them in person. Honestly.

I do have a serious weakness, though.  When people talk s*** about Frank, I feel the need to call them idiots.  I can't help it.  Just recently, someone said that Frank was "the problem all of these years".  I'm not gonna name names.  But I did call that person a floundering idiot.

However, I would say the same thing to them in person.  Honestly.

I smell a loophole...

Example:

"You are a blankety-blank blanking blank blanker....AND I'D CALL YOU THAT TO YOUR FACE!"

It's like the "no offense" thing, a Magic Eraser if you will.... :D

That's not what we are talking about at all.  It being a stupid idea refers to the Ordonez signing.  And once again, it isn't posts like this we are worried about.  It is more like having a response of "you are a f***ing idiot" when suggesting the signing of Rey Ordonez, which we are looking to stop.

but isn't someone who suggests rey ordonez would be a good signing indeed a f***ing idiot? :ph34r:

I do agree that the threads that go on for pages that contain nothing but childish bickering need to be addressed, and it certainly sounds like you guys have identified that issue. On the other hand, there are plenty of instances on this board where people need to be told they're a dumbass. I mean it's an internet site, a message board, how hurt can someone's feelings truly get from an online insult? I don't know, I guess I just find it odd that an obscenity-laced tirade about Joe Crede or Mike Jackson is just fine and dandy but calling another poster an idiot is unacceptable. I think most people would agree that obscenity-laced tirades are not only more vulgar, but much more inappropriate in a forum where there are no age restrictions.

But of course, I'm not responsible for maintaining the atmosphere on this board, so you guys probably know best.

i am a by product of the wsi power hungry assholes. esp vc who took the opportunity to gain some brownie points by making up some rules that they should live by.

however, listening to the new guidelines, i have no problem. i hope that it would stop the senseless bulls***.