How many games back will it take

Wise Master Buehrle

How many games back must the Sox be in order for you to think they can catch the Twins?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How many games back must the Sox be in order for you to think they can catch the Twins?

• 7-7.5
    • 6-6.5
    • 5-5.5
    • 4-4.5
    • 3-3.5
    • 2-2.5
    • 1-1.5
    • -(negative)1-1.5
    • -(negative)2-2.5

I think if they are within 4 or 4.5 by next week i think they have a shot at catching the Twins. I think they will need to be 3 back at that point if they want to go for the Division Championship. Who knows...?...Maybe the Twins will fall out of it in the last 2 weeks and get overcome by a surging White Sox team, just like the Twins did to them. ;)

For the amount of weeks left(ie 3 weeks left), we have to be within 2x that amount(to continue with my example, with 3 weeks left, we have to be within 6 games to have ANY shot at all...4 weeks, 8 games, 2 weeks, 4 games, etc)

And that is to have ANY shot.

Another thing I'm thinking...if they are within 7 games of the Twins by the time they start the last 6 games, they are not dead.

I do not think they will come back...not at all...but this team, the past 5 years(with the exception of 2000 and 2003), has played its best ball in September. Take that FWIW

I'll also say that we're catching Texas at the right time, and, for us, Minny is catching Baltimore at the right time. Texas hasn't been very good lately (knock on wood), and Baltimore has won seven out of eight (IIRC, that's what they said on SC). Plus, Baltimore can flat out rake. Maybe they can send Johan Santana into a tailspin...

Over??? Nothing's over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now! Who's with me!?"

I will believe until we are mathematically eliminated :headbang

s***, I'm kidding. It's over.