Marlins at the Cell

babybearhater

how about we just trade them teams

Boers and Bernstein were talking about that on the Score this morning. It'd be nice, the Cell would be packed every night because we'd have a team that put all their effort into it and played real baseball. Not to mention you'd have a team with the Cubs number.

And Majewski got the loss.  Somewhat funny that he plays at the cell and loses but is not part of the Sox

I was one of the 4,002 at the game and had a great time. Majewski got six outs in the 8th and ended up taking the loss. He made one error himself and his mates added 3 more. The only earned run was a SAC that scored a runner who the previous pitcher, Horgan, let on. Gary should have been out of the inning with the score 2-1 Expos's.

My only complaint was that there were only two beer vendors. After a couple innings they couldn't even get past the concourse behind the plate so they so just stood in one place and eveybody lined up and waited while they ran for more cases. All told I spent $39.50 for the ticket, parking, 2 beers and a bag of peanuts.

It was great to see Frank Robinson, Jack McKeon, Josh Beckett, Miguel Cabrera and the rest of the stars. Sunny Kim threw a great game for the spo's too.

An afternoon well spent.

I was one of the 4,002 at the game and had a great time.  Majewski got six outs in the 8th and ended up taking the loss.  He made one error himself and his mates added 3 more.  The only earned run was a SAC that scored a runner who the previous pitcher, Horgan, let on.  Gary should have been out of the inning with the score 2-1 Expos's.

My only complaint was that there were only two beer vendors.  After a couple innings they couldn't even get past the concourse behind the plate so they so just stood in one place and eveybody lined up and waited while they ran for more cases. All told I spent $39.50 for the ticket, parking, 2 beers and a bag of peanuts.

It was great to see Frank Robinson, Jack McKeon, Josh Beckett, Miguel Cabrera and the rest of the stars.  Sunny Kim threw a great game for the spo's too. 

An afternoon well spent.

I'm curious as to if Nancy Faust was there, if they used the speakers, any of those races, or anything?

How many Cubs fans were there?

I'm curious as to if Nancy Faust was there, if they used the speakers, any of those races, or anything?

How many Cubs fans were there?

They announced that Nancy was playing Take Me Out to the Ball Game but I didn't hear her at any other time, it might have been a tape. They played each player's favorite song when the Marlins came to bat but that was about all except for the the park announcer. They had Marlin's swampbuggy races on the scoreboard one inning but usually it was just fan cam and recorded music, like Let's Twist.

That portion of the production paled next to what the Sox put on. It felt a little like a Jackhammers or Thunderbolts game in that regard.

There were many Cub fans, some chanting "Let's go Expos". The 8th inning was particularly satisfying as the Marlins scored and scored and the Wood jerseys melted into a silent fetid shapeless mass of despair. They suffered horribly. That part was very cool.

They announced that Nancy was playing Take Me Out to the Ball Game but I didn't hear her at any other time, it might have been a tape.  They played each player's favorite song when the Marlins came to bat but that was about all except for the the park announcer. They had Marlin's swampbuggy races on the scoreboard one inning but usually it was just fan cam and recorded music, like Let's Twist.

That portion of the production paled next to what the Sox put on.  It felt a little like a Jackhammers or Thunderbolts game in that regard.

There were many Cub fans, some chanting "Let's go Expos".  The 8th inning was particularly satisfying as the Marlins scored and scored and the Wood jerseys melted into a silent fetid shapeless mass of despair. They suffered horribly.  That part was very cool.

^yeah that^ too many damn cub fans!! The swamp race thing was cool and all, but it looked to me that they all had green boats, so it was kinda hard to pick a winner. :huh it was cool seeing the world series champions symbol on the screen. That will probably be the only chance i get to see something like that up on there in my lifetime. :headshake

There were many Cub fans, some chanting "Let's go Expos".  The 8th inning was particularly satisfying as the Marlins scored and scored and the Wood jerseys melted into a silent fetid shapeless mass of despair. They suffered horribly.  That part was very cool.

I was surrounded by cub fans...I sat behind the Expos dugout.

When the Marlin/Sox fans would get on their feet, I would like stand all by myself...I was so out of place. :unsure:

But after that 8th inning they were quiet..which was nice.

I went to the game today at the Cell and had a good time. My friend and I ditched our afternoon classes and got there about 11:30, we ended up sitting in the front row behind the Marlins dugout

Jack McKeon was hillarious, he was waving at all of us, and giving us thumbs up.

The players would also tip their hats to us (I was sitting in a group of people with Marlins gear on)

They flew in their mascot and announcer (Weird not to hear Gene Honda on the Southside), and must or all of the between inning jumbotron things were the Marlins (like a swamp boat race, etc...)

If the Marlins don't get their new ballpark and Lowell escapes his contract I would love to see the Sox make a run at him. Today he had a s***TY day at the plate, he grounded into two double plays and popped out with a runner at third and no outs, but he DIDN'T sulk, he still sat at the top of the dugout cheering on his team mates and made some solid plays at third, he's the exactly type of player I want to see on the Sox.

So, if anyone has a chance to get out there tommorrow, I suggest you do so. It's cheap and a unique experience

If the Marlins don't get their new ballpark and Lowell escapes his contract I would love to see the Sox make a run at him. Today he had a s***TY day at the plate, he grounded into two double plays and popped out with a runner at third and no outs, but he DIDN'T sulk, he still sat at the top of the dugout cheering on his team mates and made some solid plays at third, he's the exactly type of player I want to see on the Sox.

So this guy has a career batting average of .000 at the Cell and you want to sign him? Are you nuts?

Hello from a Marlins fan living in Florida,

I actually sent an email to the team's front office asking they play one game against the Cubs at U.S. Cellular Field, but I guess these 2 games that had to be moved due to Ivan found the best home other than in Florida as per my recommendation.

You guys have a beautiful park and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The Cubs wish they had a park that was modern. I hope that our park starts construction soon (Early 2005) and that we have some pictures to share by the end of the year.

I also hope to make a small graphic for my website to commemorate these two games at U.S. Cellular Field.

These two games would have made former White Sox and AAA Miami Marlins owner Bill Veeck very happy. :D

And the Marlins leave U.S. Cellular undefeated with an 8-6 victory over the Expos this afternoon. :D

Good luck Marlins the rest of the way!  :headbang  :cheers  :fthecubs

Thank You and Go beat those Twins :)

They do Spring Training here in Lee County along with the Red Sox and both fan bases need reality checks.