Does this series mean anything?

BobDylan

All we can really do is hope to show the world that, first of all, we will be a force to be reckoned with in the future, and second of all, that Johan Santana is no invincible(I hope).

Also...I do not think we should retaliate for what Hunter did to Burke. Preferably, we should do that next year when we play them in June or July or so, and, preferably, do it IN the Metrodome.

Our best way of getting to santana, is walking into a pitch, stealing second and third, then knock over the catcher when Santana is delivering the ball with a runner on third resulting in the ball going to the backstop. Catcher goes to retrieve the ball, santana covers home, Runner comes home, collision at plate.

/there is no hope.

I'll be flipping between the World Cup and the Sox.

And no, this series doesn't mean anything at all.

Even if the Sox sweep the Twins, the only message that sends is the same September message the Sox send every year - that they can play when nothing is on the line, but when the division title is in the balance, they get owned.

I hope they do sweep the Twins all 6 games, just to make it more fun to watch the games.

If the Sox sweep, does that open a glimmer? Should they finally retaliate for Burke? Or should it be another meaningless series?

what a great thread you started, b/c what you are bring up is very valid.

rock the s*** out of them.... ala det several yrs ago.