joey cora's nickname

smalls2598

hey all. just wanted to say hi as a new member to the board. i wish i would have found this site earlier than just yesterday, though. would have been fun to talk throughout the season :D

anyways, i have a question that i m sure someone out there has the answer too....

what was the nickname that hawk and wimpy (i miss wimpy ) gave to joey cora back in the 90's?

since the day the sox got him to coach third, its been killing me cuz i cant remember it.

someone help

o, and :fthecubs

-steve-

it was definelty a nickname that was given by hawk and wimpy, not played out Berman.

it was a nickname that they would say with his last name, and never used Joey anymore, like ____ Cora.

it was kind of like Pudge Rodrigez or catfish hunter or Hot-Carl Everett

so it wasnt like El Caballo or Godzilla or The Rocket(one word nicknames...last name not needed)

i know none of this probably woulnt help, but maybe it might trigger in someone's mind.....

Damn I'm gonna look up a year book that i got for that. Not it's bothering me. I always tought it was Lil Joey and the Jockey.

I have looked for a while and i have come up with nothing. I am so confused that it is not even funny because i also remember something along those lines of lil joey or lil jockey. :angry:

Hot-Carl Everett?  :ph34r:

Someone calls him that?  :lol:

ha.. i was waiting for somenoe to reply to that...

i started calling him that last year cuz its just funny.

my brother even started the most annyoing chant at the games this year, just screaming out "hot carl hot carl hot carl hot carl" until we couldnt say it anymore. we were getting the funniest looks from the crowd around us. but we enjoyed it, and it helps us to have a better time at the game.

anyways, thanks for the help with the nickname for cora. i still think it was somethign other than the jockey (and so does my brother), but it will have to suffice until i figure out if there was another one.

Go sox