Rumors thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

Despite reports this afternoon that a deal was nearly done, the Red Sox and Edgar Renteria never even opened negotiations until this evening, according to ESPN's Peter Gammons.

Boston GM Theo Epstein is saying the same thing. Gammons indicated that the Red Sox would sign Renteria for $38 million over four years as long as it left them enough money to finalize deals with Pedro Martinez and Jason Varitek. It could become clear tomorrow exactly what is going happen with the Red Sox.

:angry:

The Marlins and Yankees have discussed swapping Javier Vazquez and A.J. Burnett.

The Yankees would have to throw in a lot of cash to make this one work. Burnett is at least as good of a bet as Vazquez for next year, so the only reason the Marlins would make the swap is if they thought it would save them some money over the next few years. If the trade happens, Burnett might then be moved on to Arizona in a Randy Johnson trade.

Burnett is going to be a stud next season since it'll be about 2 years since he had major arm surgery. He was originally Florida's ace pitcher before he got injured and the emergence of Dontrelle Willis and Josh Beckett. Frankly I'd rather get him than Vazquez. And if Renteria signs with the Red Sox, expect Hanley Ramirez to be moved to second base or traded.

Burnett is going to be a stud next season since it'll be about 2 years since he had major arm surgery. He was originally Florida's ace pitcher before he got injured and the emergence of Dontrelle Willis and Josh Beckett. Frankly I'd rather get him than Vazquez. And if Renteria signs with the Red Sox, expect Hanley Ramirez to be moved to second base or traded.

Why the f*** would florida trade him?

Florida needs a 1B. If they save money on the Vazquez for Burnett deal, then they could possibly enter the Sexson or Delgado sweepstakes. I know they are also interested in Odalis Perez, and they are only paying Al Leiter $2 million this season, the rest of his salary is deferred.

Looks like the Wright deal is back on;

ESPN is reporting that Jaret Wright passed his second physical with the Yankees, clearing the way for his deal to become finalized.

Wright is supposed to get a three-year, $21 million contract. Dec. 12 - 1:07 am et

Florida needs a 1B. If they save money on the Vazquez for Burnett deal, then they could possibly enter the Sexson or Delgado sweepstakes. I know they are also interested in Odalis Perez, and they are only paying Al Leiter $2 million this season, the rest of his salary is deferred.

Hmm,,,,,,,

Flordia needs a 1Bmann, ehh? If we were to take a crappy contract off their hands, like Gonzo, I wonder if they'd consider a Konerko+Harris for Gonzo+Castillo swap, with obviously some prospects included on our side...

(Sorry if this post is crappily typeddd, a little too much Bacardi O for me tonight :lol: :lol:

Hmm,,,,,,,

Flordia needs a 1Bmann, ehh?  If we were to take a crappy contract off their hands, like Gonzo, I wonder if they'd consider a Konerko+Harris for Gonzo+Castillo swap, with obviously some prospects included on our side...

(Sorry if this post is crappily typeddd, a little too much Bacardi O for me tonight  :lol:  :lol:

Main player in the deal is castillo and he still has three years left on his contract. I feel it will take more than this since konerko ( the main player on our side) only has one year left on his contract.

Main player in the deal is castillo and he still has three years left on his contract. I feel it will take more than this since konerko ( the main player on our side) only has one year left on his contract.

Which gives the Marlins options. Sometimes a shorter contract can be a positive rather than a negative. It all depends on the team and their circumstances.

Is burnett a free agent after this year?? I know the Marlins want a power bat and maybe a deal centering around konerko and aj could work or maybe not, I'm really tired so I'm just pulling stuff out of my ass.

Yankees GM Brian Cashman said the chances of free agent Orlando Hernandez returning are "highly unlikely."

Hernandez probably isn't content with entering the season as a sixth starter. Although he's certainly not someone who can be counted on to make 32 starts, El Duque could be one of the few pitching bargains available. Dec. 12 - 3:17 am et

Source: New York Post

Maybe someone to look into? He would be pretty cheap.

A potential three-player deal between the Red Sox and Padres could be expanded to include Byung-Hyun Kim.

Including Kim would even up the salaries of Dave Roberts and Jay Payton, with the Red Sox probably paying the rest of what's left of Kim's deal. Ramon Vazquez is also rumored to be going to Boston. Dec. 12 - 3:20 am et

Source: Boston Globe

It's expected to be announced Sunday that the Dodgers will acquire Tim Hudson from Oakland in exchange for Edwin Jackson and Antonio Perez.

That's a lot to give up for one year of a pitcher, but the Dodgers likely will be able to work out an extension with Hudson. While Jackson could step into Hudson's rotation spot, the A's should make him compete for the job. Last year's inconsistency hasn't dimmed his long-term outlook, but he might not be ready to help right away. Perez probably is. He'll be the favorite to start at second base for Oakland, though Mark Ellis's presence will make him a risky pick in fantasy leagues. Dec. 12 - 3:34 am et

Source: San Jose Mercury News

The Yankees and Marlins appear to be in serious discussions about a deal that would send Javier Vazquez to Florida for A.J. Burnett.

The Yankees would probably have to pay $10 million or more of the $34.5 million Vazquez is owed over the next three years. In return, they'd get a pitcher who is due to earn $4 million or so in his final year of arbitration. The Yankees would also likely have to give up either Felix Rodriguez or Brad Halsey to make the deal work. Dec. 12 - 3:40 am et

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

According to the Los Angeles Daily News, the Angels are the heavy favorites to sign Matt Clement.

The Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Indians, Blue Jays, Cardinals and Mets could be the competition. With demand so high, it wouldn't be surprising to see Clement end up with a four-year deal. Dec. 12 - 3:44 am et

Source: Los Angeles Daily News

s***, if the dodgers get both clement and hudson... they will be awsome, not to mention they should have a brad penny @ 100% for the full year... wow

the yankees and this burnett deal, i dont know how they are doing it... but wow, i guess flordia figures to lose burnett after this year, and like the idea of having javy for 3 years at 24 million.... i also bet they are banking on his proven record and ability in the NL....

f*** the yankees

and, we should do whatever we can to get ORLANDO HERNANDEZ... last year durring the second half wasnt he like 8 - 2 ... and should have been their #1 starter throughout the playoffs? im impressed with him and what he could bring for us

Jesus, can Rotoworld please shut the hell up with their opinions. Its obvious they can never say a bad thing about Beane. But every goddamn thing Kenny does is crap in their mind. Mark my words they would of raved had Beane signed Hermanson or gotten Dye at the price they did (look at what Richard Freaking Hildalgo got for cripes sake).

Beane is a freaking idiot if all he gets is Edwin Jackson and Antonio Perez. Its just gonna be further prove that he's gone downhill ever since Depodesta left.

Beane is and would be absolutely nothing if it weren't for the big three and were soon going to find that out. BOOK IT.

Perez has been so damn streaky its amazing. The guy is nothing more then Willie Harris with less speed. Oh big whoop, he hit 22 homers this past season, the most he has had since 2000 (By far too by the way). The guy had a whopping 13 homers in between those periods.

Of course he also missed some time do to injury. STrikes out a lot for a 2nd baseman, but does show decent patience.

Willie Harris is a better prospect, imo. The PCL is an extreme hitters league too, especially Las Vegas where the Dodgers AAA affiliate plays (at least from what I've heard talked about on Dodger broadcasts).

This is an absolutely terrible deal if it goes down. I'd offer up Bmac, Harris, and Anderson. Thats a far better package then what the Dodgers are offering.

Billly, your a moron.

Barring a late bid from the Dodgers, Corey Koskie is likely to sign a three-year deal to play for Toronto.

If the Dodgers decide that Adrian Beltre's demands are too high, they still could beat Toronto's offer of $16 million-$20 million over three years. The Tigers and Mariners also met with Koskie's agent last night, but a deal with the Blue Jays is expected. Dec. 12 - 4:31 am et

Nice...

The Diamondbacks conducted a late Saturday night meeting with Randy Johnson's agents.

Arizona seems to be focusing on keeping Johnson at the moment, but so far at least, its additions haven't swayed him. It's believed that the White Sox are making another run at the left-hander, perhaps using Carlos Lee instead of Paul Konerko. Although everyone assumes it's the case, Johnson has yet to come out and say he wouldn't accept a trade to Chicago. Dec. 12 - 5:06 am et

Source: Arizona Republic

Boo, if lee is in a deal for him.

:nono

"You're" not "your."

i think i speak for more people then just myself... but proper grammer isnt the first thing on your mind when you are typing at about 60+ WPM on a blog of a msg board about a baseball team... this isnt a physics thesis or anything like that :nono

Jesus, can Rotoworld please shut the hell up with their opinions.  Its obvious they can never say a bad thing about Beane.  But every goddamn thing Kenny does is crap in their mind.  Mark my words they would of raved had Beane signed Hermanson or gotten Dye at the price they did (look at what Richard Freaking Hildalgo got for cripes sake). 

Beane is a freaking idiot if all he gets is Edwin Jackson and Antonio Perez.  Its just gonna be further prove that he's gone downhill ever since Depodesta left.

Beane is and would be absolutely nothing if it weren't for the big three and were soon going to find that out.  BOOK IT. 

Perez has been so damn streaky its amazing. The guy is nothing more then Willie Harris with less speed.  Oh big whoop, he hit 22 homers this past season, the most he has had since 2000 (By far too by the way).  The guy had a whopping 13 homers in between those periods.

Of course he also missed some time do to injury.  STrikes out a lot for a 2nd baseman, but does show decent patience. 

Willie Harris is a better prospect, imo.  The PCL is an extreme hitters league too, especially Las Vegas where the Dodgers AAA affiliate plays (at least from what I've heard talked about on Dodger broadcasts). 

This is an absolutely terrible deal if it goes down.  I'd offer up Bmac, Harris, and Anderson.  Thats a far better package then what the Dodgers are offering.

Billly, your a moron.

Frankly I think just B-Mac and Harris straight up is better than Antonio Perez and Edwin Jackson. And yes Beane is an idiot if he's doing that deal. He should just try to get the best players or prospects possible in a deal, instead of just settling for a second baseman and a pitching prospect. Oakland could get so much more for Hudson if they played this right.