Alex Escobar

whitesox91403

Here is what I know about him:

1. was a main player in the Robbie Alomar Mets deal

2. Once considered a 5 tool prospect

3. Has been compared to Coco Crisp of Cleveland

4. Is very injury prone

Here is what I want know:

Does he fill The Sox needs of defense, speed, on base %?

Will he be given a chance in Spring Training?

Here is what I know about him:

1. was a main player in the Robbie Alomar Mets deal

2. Once considered a 5 tool prospect

3. Has been compared to Coco Crisp of Cleveland

4. Is very injury prone

Here is what I want know:

Does he fill The Sox needs of defense, speed, on base %?

Will he be given a chance in Spring Training?

Pretty good defense and speed, on base percentage, not so much so. Here are his minor league stats.

http://www.sports-wired.com/players/profile.asp?Name=BBFA

I remember reading he was equal to Coco Crisp until he got hurt and Coco got hot. One of them was going to AAA, and Escobar went to waivers then. I would perfer to go into the season with Carl as our starting RF. I would like Alex to prove something to Ozzie and Co. Prove that he deserves to start. I think it could light a fire under Carl too.

Escobar was one of the hottest specs in baseball at one point.

I think in 2001 he was slated to be the starting CF for the Indians and he got injured for the season and it was a pretty big story.

I always thought he was over-hyped by the Mets organization at the time they dealt for Robbie Alomar (I think thats when he went over to Cleveland).

However, when he got to Cleveland the Indians were really excited about his potential, but I also remember a few publications felt the same way I did in terms of him being over-hyped.

He does have some tools though, so anything can happen. But please god don't have him starting on opening day.

I remember reading he was equal to Coco Crisp until he got hurt and Coco got hot. One of them was going to AAA, and Escobar went to waivers then. I would perfer to go into the season with Carl as our starting RF. I would like Alex to prove something to Ozzie and Co. Prove that he deserves to start. I think it could light a fire under Carl too.

The Indians had to make a move and either Crisp or Escobar was going to go to AAA. The Indians had apparently all but decided to send Crisp, but they put him in the lineup one final time. He went 5-5 or something like that and they changed their mind and decided to keep him. Escobar went down to AAA and later got hurt. He was then later put on waivers to open a 40-man spot for someone else (I believe that was the reason) and the Sox pulled a Texas Rangers and claimed him.

The Indians had to make a move and either Crisp or Escobar was going to go to AAA.  The Indians had apparently all but decided to send Crisp, but they put him in the lineup one final time.  He went 5-5 or something like that and they changed their mind and decided to keep him.  Escobar went down to AAA and later got hurt.  He was then later put on waivers to open a 40-man spot for someone else (I believe that was the reason) and the Sox pulled a Texas Rangers and claimed him.

Pulled a Texas Rangers! :lolhitting