TV question, thanks

greg775

I've heard a lot about TV and don't really understand it regarding

the Sox.

Does anybody know my options for getting the Sox on TV in

Kansas City area this season?

a.) Will the Sox still be on WGN?

b.) What is Comcast?

c.) How is the Sox TV situation changing in 50 words or less.

What channels were they on before and what will they be on now?

Thank you very much.

Signed, Bill Nahorodny.

the Sox.

b.) What is Comcast?

Thank you very much.

Signed, Bill Nahorodny.

1) They will be on WGN

The Sox situation's with WGN and WCIU will not change in 2005. The only thing different is the games that appeared on FSN in 2004, will be on Comcast Sports Net.

Comcast SN is a conglomeration between the Sox, Cubs, Bulls, and Hawks, to televise their cable games on a network completely owned by these teams. So instead of the advertising revenue going to FSN or someone else, it goes completely to the Chicago teams involved in this partnership.

:)

Hope that helps

The Sox situation's with WGN and WCIU will not change in 2005.  The only thing different is the games that appeared on FSN in 2004, will be on Comcast Sports Net.

Comcast SN is a conglomeration between the Sox, Cubs, Bulls, and Hawks, to televise their cable games on a network completely owned by these teams.  So instead of the advertising revenue going to FSN or someone else, it goes completely to the Chicago teams involved in this partnership.

:)

Hope that helps

Yeah, unfortunately some of us that are stuck with Mediacom cable are still sweating out whether they ar going to pick up Comcast or not.

Your other options are to watch the games over the internet on www.mlb.com. Their single game price is around $2 and the entire season is like $40. I'm sure it will work with dial up internet but would be alot better if you had DSL or cable internet. I watched one game last year and it was pretty good.

thats scary cuz i dont know if i have comcast... and i also have mediacom... crap... if we cant get sox games here next year i'll be pissed

Mediacom doesn't have it. When I spoke to someone at Mediacom they told me they weren't sure if they were going to get it or not, but added my name to a list of inquiries about it. My only option right now is Directv.

the Sox.

b.) What is Comcast?

Thank you very much.

Signed, Bill Nahorodny.

I don't believe it will affect the Extra Innings package. That's the safest bet for getting all the Sox games. I know that NESN and YES (Red Sox and Yankees own sports networks) were both carried on that package the last two seasons.

Yeah, unfortunately some of us that are stuck with Mediacom cable are still sweating out whether they ar going to pick up Comcast or not.

Yeah that all depends on negotiations between mediacom and comcast. I know comcast has been hardballing all of the satillite companies, so it might be a while.

Mediacom doesn't have it. When I spoke to someone at Mediacom they told me they weren't sure if they were going to get it or not, but added my name to a list of inquiries about it. My only option right now is Directv.

directv is awesome plus you can get the nfl package, and for college basketball you get the other cbs reginal games during the reg season for free. plus during tourny time for 30 bucks you can get all games from the first 3 rounds. i luvvvv directv

directv is awesome plus you can  get the nfl package, and for college basketball you get the other cbs reginal games during the reg season for free. plus during tourny time for 30 bucks you can get all games from the first 3 rounds. i luvvvv directv

Thanks for the input on DirecTv. I don't watch much TV except for The Sox, so I have been wavering back and forth as whether to get it or not. I was also kind of hoping Dishnet would pick up the channel considering they have all the Fox Sports Net channels. Anyone know if those Fox channels have baseball on them?

Well at least if there is one bright spot about this it's that the cubs games are running on the same network. Thus there will be millions of screaming cubbie fans from iowa and the outlying areas screaming for it along with us. At least they are finally good for something... :fthecubs